• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Have you been massively wrong about this season?

spurspinter1

Paul Stalteri
A place to own up and confess the things that you definitely reckoned were going to happen that in hindsight, were complete gonad*s.

My two are as follows:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine would implode after losing Nolan and Barton and only replacing them with some French guy from an average league. :-k

Johnny Evans would end up leaving Utd out on loan in January after barely playing apart from carling cup after essentially being 5th choice centre back,probably to somewhere like Villa or Sunderland. Instead he's arguably been one of the best centre backs in the league, and is likely to be a mainstay in a team that wins the premiership, obviously that's still fairly open though.

Those are my two main ones that I can remember that make me look an idiot, what are yours?

Thought Arry would come out and tell all snakes to fudge off and put and end to all England speculation as soon as Capello resigned.

I thought for once we'd manage to keep it together and finish above Arse

I've only been wrong about one thing: my many thoughts and opinions ;)

I think a lot of people will probably list Saudi Sportswashing Machine. No way I thought they'd still be fighting for a CL spot at this stage of the season. You've gotta doff your cap to them really, great achievement considering they were relegated only a couple of years ago.

Believing in Redknapp after never really particularly liking him and his lack of endearment to supporters.

Good thread.

After their Sunderland away cup game, i was really starting to think it was the end of Wenger at Arsenal.

I did believe we could be playing for the title.

I never believed in Cabaye in the premierleague and did think Saudi Sportswashing Machine were going to fade away.

I thought we'd finish above Arsenal and felt sorry for Wheelchair making that bet with Defoe, I thought for sure he'd lose. I thought we had a better squad than them (although maybe that was true before we loaned out all our cover), a better team, and that we'd definitely finish above them.

I thought Saudi Sportswashing Machine would fall away from a CL challenge, certainly once Taylor got injured for them.

I thought we may get close to United this year, didn't see how their team was better than ours.

Be careful what you wish for...

At the start of the seaon I said the minimum I would expect would be 6th and another trip to Wembley.

After the first two League games I would have bit your hand off for that.
At Christmas 4th became the target.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm getting my original wish, although now I disappointed with it, which I suppose says a lot about how far we have come really.
First time in 50 years we've had 3 Top 6 finishes on the bounce, so I suppose its not total doom and gloom, although it really does feel like

I thought after the start of the season that townsend would become a regular also thought mason would be a star in the championship.

Thought swansea would struggle and thought bolton would push top 6 still think they would if they could find a goal scorer. Coyle is a very underrated manager.

Also thought the mexican at man u would be top scorer.

Thought van rapists would spend most of the season injured.

Thought we would finally finish above arsenal:frown:

- Finish above Arsenal

- Wenger would have Arsenal implode, finally, how he turned it I will never know

- Norwich to win less that three games this season

- Everton to be likely to go down

- Liverpool to be in the bottom half and KKK to be sacked (CRAP!)

- Us to finally take advantage of the good squad and for once make sane, balanced january purchases - like for like, etc.

- Saudi Sportswashing Machine to struggle for relegation along with Sunderland

- Bolton to be top 8

- Us learning from last season and rotating players

and finally

- Us having finally, finally disposing of the bottlejob complex and start turning up in the big games.

City winning the league
Us finishing above Arse
Friedel being first choice/any good

Things I've enjoyed being right about ( :D ):
Suarez being brick
Saudi Sportswashing Machine being quite good
AVB not lasting the season

1. RvP picks up his usual injuries and stay sidelined for the half of the season.
2. AVB's got future at the scum.
3. Gomes gets more games.
4. Sandro makes the breakthrough to become world class.

Last edited:
Thought we would finish above Arse
Also thought we would have a decent run in the Europa and potentially winning it
Lastly I thought that we'd be moving to the Olympic stadium

That Saudi Sportswashing Machine would fade away
That we would finish above the scum
That we would beat Wolves at home
That we would beat Everton away
That we would beat the scum at the emirates, finally proving we are better than them
That Ref's are fair and make honest mistakes
That we would beat Stoke away or at least at home
That we'd have a decent run in both cups and still finish 3rd
That we've got the best squad I have ever had the pleasure of watching (am I wrong?)

- We would finish in 4th
- Parker would be on our bench
- Hudd would come back and reignite our season
- Townsends breakthrough Season
- Finishing above le scum.

RVP would get injured and the goons would struggle
liverpool would be much improved
Redknapp would get us back in the CL

Back