• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Have you been massively wrong about this season?

Similar to the rest but I remember when Saudi Sportswashing Machine lost a couple of games on the bounce I said to a work colleague thats them, they'll drop like a stone now.

Also Parker, always thought he was overated, he's actually rather good. I was sad when we signed him because I thought it would hold Sandro back. I still think Sandro will go on to surpass him though.

Be careful what you wish for...

At the start of the seaon I said the minimum I would expect would be 6th and another trip to Wembley.

After the first two League games I would have bit your hand off for that.
At Christmas 4th became the target.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm getting my original wish, although now I disappointed with it, which I suppose says a lot about how far we have come really.
First time in 50 years we've had 3 Top 6 finishes on the bounce, so I suppose its not total doom and gloom, although it really does feel like

I agree.

I just feel the situation we find ourselves in is entirely avoidable and is the fault of one man and one man alone.

Livermore-always thought he was another of our very average workhorse midfielders that would be sold to Southend or Barnet within a couple of seasons. Very impressed by him.
We won't collapse at the end of the season/this team has new mental strength/all things along those kinds of lines....

that Spurs fans would stop being a bunch of self righteous bleating know-it-alls, and finally start supporting everything about Tottenham Hotspur

like proper football supporters do.....

sadly, the emphasis is on bitching and complaining, rather than unified support

Thought Wolves would push on from surviving last season and be pretty decent, maybe finish mid table... oops.

And similar to everyone else, I thought this team weren't a pushover and wouldn't ever roll over and get thrashed by Arsenal and Chelsea again...

that Spurs fans would stop being a bunch of self righteous bleating know-it-alls, and finally start supporting everything about Tottenham Hotspur

Examples of said noble fans being?

Just like most fans at most clubs do.

Mick Cooper Sir .... I've now read a few threads this afternoon and there seems similar posts of yours such as this one.

I think you should let this nonsense of yours go and cut some of your fellow Yids some slack ....

Allow me ....

I see from your profile that you're in Bermuda , very nice .... I'm in North London, a prodigal son who's returned after many years in the west country ... I'm nearer to the Spurs Lodge than WHL and have been a Spurs supporter coming up to forty-five years now . I actually come from a Gooner family background , both my parents being ardent fans of the filth. Then there's the extended family out of whom many are also Gooners. I also, just cant ever forgive my two sisters for both marrying into Gooner families ... I have friends and acquaintances who are also Gooners ...

I recall sitting around the table after the Christmas meal had been downed , sitting there with the Gooner brother-in laws , Gooner dad , Gooner uncle and telling my young Yid cousin to ease up on the banter after all, we're Spurs but no , the only thing that was missing, was his Mind The Gap t-shirt !... My self being an older Spurs fan , I tempered my talk to the Goons , in fact, my main gripe with them was how they'd all turned on their manager (he's won doubles and never disrespected their club ) and wanting him sacked!

You have to take into account many of us yids are still in North London , Essex , Hertfordshire and other surrounding area our daily lives are all different and I'm thinking there must be countless of fellow Yids on forums such as this, that will have had to go into work on a Monday and face their Gooner workmates after yet another weekend shocker these past few months, having to endure the jibes from the local gooners at a volume setting not heard from them fookers in years ...

I'm merely asking you from your far away Bermuda home to take some of this into account and that is all.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine - didn't think they'd get anywhere near where they have. I still look at their teamsheet and wonder how.

Arsenal - just as they were 'crumbling' I thought RVP would get his annual injury and they would spiral.

Our 2nd half of the season. I was convinced that we'd finish 3rd or at the very least comfortably 4th.

You have to take into account many of us yids are still in North London , Essex , Hertfordshire and other surrounding area our daily lives are all different and I'm thinking there must be countless of fellow Yids on forums such as this, that will have had to go into work on a Monday and face their Gooner workmates after yet another weekend shocker these past few months, having to endure the jibes from the local gooners at a volume setting not heard from them fookers in years ...

I'm merely asking you from your far away Bermuda home to take some of this into account and that is all.

Great post. I no longer live in London, but our collapse has been so spectacular that Portsmouth fans (relegated on Saturday) were still taking the tinkle.

I thought when we were 10 points clear in third that we'd be able to cement ourselves in the top four by retaining our best players and being able to recruit even better ones while Woolwich would lose their better players and spend the next decade (or so) mired in mid-table.

Ask 100 Newecastle fans what they HONESTLY expected from this season.

Anyone saying top 4 is a fudging liar.

Top 4, yes a liar, top 6, no.

I said at the start of the season I thought we had bought well and could challenge top 6, that is what we have done all season.

Mumorn and a few others who also have good knowledge of French football agreed with me.

Really? We have as good a midfield and front line as anybody in league.

well, you have Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse and Ba who are top 4 class

Ben Arfa still has much to prove

I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine have made some sensational buys the last couple of seasons.

I wrote of their chances of a sustained run at the top 4/5 this season, and was completely wrong.

I still dont like the style of play very much, though it has got better since Jan.

Full respect and kudos to them this season, its been well earned (whether they finish 4th or 6th)

Back