• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Have you been massively wrong about this season?

Top 4, yes a liar, top 6, no.

I said at the start of the season I thought we had bought well and could challenge top 6, that is what we have done all season.

Mumorn and a few others who also have good knowledge of French football agreed with me.

You maybe - most Geordies I know said mid table would be quality and thought Ba was a donkey after the first few games.

well, you have Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse and Ba who are top 4 class

Ben Arfa still has much to prove

Ben Arfa was once touted as a better player than Nasri. He was supposed to be the saviour of french football, but injuries and bad attitude have cost him. He is still only in his mid twenties so he can still fullfil his potential. Even more worrying was the fact that Redknapp has said that we could have had him and sessegnon but decided against it.

Mick Cooper Sir .... I've now read a few threads this afternoon and there seems similar posts of yours such as this one.

I think you should let this nonsense of yours go and cut some of your fellow Yids some slack ....

Allow me ....

I see from your profile that you're in Bermuda , very nice .... I'm in North London, a prodigal son who's returned after many years in the west country ... I'm nearer to the Spurs Lodge than WHL and have been a Spurs supporter coming up to forty-five years now . I actually come from a Gooner family background , both my parents being ardent fans of the filth. Then there's the extended family out of whom many are also Gooners. I also, just cant ever forgive my two sisters for both marrying into Gooner families ... I have friends and acquaintances who are also Gooners ...

I recall sitting around the table after the Christmas meal had been downed , sitting there with the Gooner brother-in laws , Gooner dad , Gooner uncle and telling my young Yid cousin to ease up on the banter after all, we're Spurs but no , the only thing that was missing, was his Mind The Gap t-shirt !... My self being an older Spurs fan , I tempered my talk to the Goons , in fact, my main gripe with them was how they'd all turned on their manager (he's won doubles and never disrespected their club ) and wanting him sacked!

You have to take into account many of us yids are still in North London , Essex , Hertfordshire and other surrounding area our daily lives are all different and I'm thinking there must be countless of fellow Yids on forums such as this, that will have had to go into work on a Monday and face their Gooner workmates after yet another weekend shocker these past few months, having to endure the jibes from the local gooners at a volume setting not heard from them fookers in years ...

I'm merely asking you from your far away Bermuda home to take some of this into account and that is all.

First of all, I am working in Bermuda, and its too far to commute - I am not a Bermudian. My family is from Ilford and Hyams park.

I have been taking brick from gooners for far too long to let this present spell bother me too much - oh, and they exist out here as well, they're like ants. Mind you, no-one gets the arseholes out here, the banter is pretty good natured, but it exists, and I have to put up with brick from CFC plastics as well as gooner plastics etc etc.

So whilst I hear where you are coming from, I have no real sympathy - because its like the old saying about "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime." If you can't handle the stick and the tinkletaking - don't do it, and don't walk around in the shirt - or lip off when things are going well.

My father was a gooner as well, so you'll not be getting much in the way of sympathy there either, I'm afraid.

And this is the nub of my complaint. Look at what is being said on this site, about our club, our manager and our players. Its not support in my view, its just crap, being spewed out by people who feel that they have personally been stabbed in the back, as if Harry Redknapp himself, woke up one morning and said, "fack it! I've 'ad enuff of this winning brick , I'm going to start managing the team like a tossah from now on!"

(did you like what I did with me chirpy, cheeky c0ck-er-knee accent?)

And he only did it to make them suffer, personally - because he has it in for them. The bile, lies, ass-backward footballing analysis, knowall feckwits come out of the covers and can't get their digs and whining in fast enough, to show how affronted they are.

It doesn't seem to occur to anyone, that what the team and club needs is to feel a massive groundswell of support, to believe that we are all behind them, willing them, urging them to do well - for their own personal pride, for the club and for all of us, who vicariously live our lives through their successes and failures. What the so called fans of this club are doing is the equivalent of going up to a road traffic accident victim, bleeding and in pain in their car, waiting for rescue - and screaming "you c*nt, you useless feckin driver, its all your fault and now you're going to bleed to death and die from a loss of blood and shock - and its ALL YOUR FAULT, you bastard, your selfish accident will make me LATE!"

Just exactly the kind of support required, for someone in their moment of need. A kick in the gonad*s and and a face full of spittal from screaming obscenities at them.

I'm fed up of sticking up for the club, its manager and its players - to people who I would personally be happier if they took their "brand" of support elsewhere. Have a chat, and a discussion about where its gone wrong, speculate why and have debates about who you would have chosen and which formation etc etc

But the level of abuse, whining and ordure being sprayed at the club and all it stands for, is sickening, from my point of view.

I find it embarassing to read at times.

Oh, and before I get people telling me I don't care enough, don't even go there. To watch this slide is killing me, just like its doing to all of you. I just don't need to see anyone burned at the stake, to appease my infuriated soul, just because nasty men make fun of the team I support.

Ben Arfa was once touted as a better player than Nasri. He was supposed to be the saviour of french football, but injuries and bad attitude have cost him. He is still only in his mid twenties so he can still fullfil his potential. Even more worrying was the fact that Redknapp has said that we could have had him and sessegnon but decided against it.

Ben Arfa is special, the boy is good enough to play in any side in the world, and I include Barcelona in that.

He's basically tore a new arse hole in every team we've played in our last six games.

Ben Arfa is special, the boy is good enough to play in any side in the world, and I include Barcelona in that.

He's basically tore a new arse hole in every team we've played in our last six games.

I completely agree. People will probably laugh this comment off though because he's at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and not one of these said teams but I agree with you, the guy is a special talent.

Thought Emirates Marketing Project would tinkle the league.

Thought we would comfortably finish in the top 4.

Thought Van Persie would eventually pick up an injury.

Never thought Saudi Sportswashing Machine would finish higher than 6th.

I thought we had, for once and for all, forgotten the ugly stepchild that is our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, as I actually believed that regardless of Redknapp, this squad had the mental strength and belief.

I also believed that finally, Redknapp would give us 100% once the trial was over. Truth is, he's actually given us LESS than when the whole thing was hanging over his head...

i started to put faith in Redknapp

also thought Liverpool would be in contention for fourth !

To answer the original question, depends on the defintion of 'massively'

Possibly my worst has been thinking Sunderland would be challenging for a Europa League place after the Summer signings.
Followed by:
Swansea would go down, although that should be the biggest misjudgement I suppose
Blackburn had no chance of winning at Old Trafford.
If we were within a point of Arsenal and Chelsea on March 30th I would fancy our chances of finishing in the Top 4 with our last 8 fixtures!
Thinking QPR wouldnt win 2 games from the last 10 games.
Saying Wigan were as good as down a month ago
and I suppose you could add to that,yesterdays classic after Man Utd had gone 3-1 up, "This could get embarassing" Although it did for United, I meant for Everton

I have deleted Prem Predictor from my favourites, because quite frankly I know f#ck-all

Whilst I didn't think we'd win the league, but were in with a genuine shout for 3rd, I HONESTLY thought we'd left the 'Spurs of old' behind... you know, the one that implodes at the WORST possible minute, who allows ex-after-ex-after-ex-player to score their one of TWO goals against them...

that our Players were actually CLEVERER than they clearly are, and would no longer allow themselves to drop their heads, or lose the faith, if we succumbed to losing a game, so what, so does EVERY team, we're better than that, we can bounce back, WE ARE TOTTENHAM... instead, it's the same old story of one tinkle poor defeat suddenly turning into a barren run of abject failure that screws up all the hard work of the previous 2/3rds of the season...

I HONESTLY thought we had a squad and a manager savvy enough to put all that mid-90's brick Spurs behind us... apparently not!

Credits due, where credit's due Greg. Barcodes have been run a lot better than us this season by their management and scouting system and fully deserve where they are. If only we could take a chance in players like Ben Arfa like we did back in the past with Berbs.

Genuinely believing that we were too good to fudge it up when we were 12 points ahead of Arsenal February 1st.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

:lol: You're funny when Saudi Sportswashing Machine are winning

May not have been this season, but I made a call once that Sir Alex's successor at Man U would be Steve Bruce.

Back