• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Have you been massively wrong about this season?

Can i be honest and say not much?

1) I said when we were 10 points clear that i didn't think we'd make the top 4. Tbh honest the only stage of the season where i actually thought we would finish top 4 was after the Sunderland away game where i stupidly thought Arry had a plan and was going to stick with 1 formation.

2) I said before the season kicked off that Saudi Sportswashing Machine would have a good season (to which i was laughed at). Mumorn was the only one that agreed.

3) I said before Scott Parker signed that not only would he be a great signing but he'll be our player of the season.

I didn't see the need for Parker.

I thought that Chelsea and City would be the two fighting for the title (and still believe they should be, as I believe they are comfortably the best teams in the Premiership).

I thought Ade would perform a lot better for us than he has.

I thought after having come from behind so often last season and our excellent run(after the first 2 matches) to start the season, that the team were more mentally resilient.

Yeah Parker.

He has definately been better than I expected. Much better. He's not in top shape right now, but considering the work he's put in, that's understandable. Unfortunate and avoidable, but understandable and not his fault.

Scott Parker.

Didn't think he'd cut it in our high-tempo style of play, but he's been absolutely outstanding and it's a credit to Harry for bringing him in.

I actually thought we wouldn't stand a chance of even being in the top 5, let alone top 6 - so, to go the whole season pretty much in the top 3 has been very enjoyable. We may end up in 6th, but my belief was that we'd never really be in contention for higher. Again, credit to Harry for that.

Whilst I didn't think we'd win the league, but were in with a genuine shout for 3rd, I HONESTLY thought we'd left the 'Spurs of old' behind... you know, the one that implodes at the WORST possible minute, who allows ex-after-ex-after-ex-player to score their one of TWO goals against them...

that our Players were actually CLEVERER than they clearly are, and would no longer allow themselves to drop their heads, or lose the faith, if we succumbed to losing a game, so what, so does EVERY team, we're better than that, we can bounce back, WE ARE TOTTENHAM... instead, it's the same old story of one tinkle poor defeat suddenly turning into a barren run of abject failure that screws up all the hard work of the previous 2/3rds of the season...

I HONESTLY thought we had a squad and a manager savvy enough to put all that mid-90's brick Spurs behind us... apparently not!

That's never going to happen mate

If we were 16 points clear with a game to go, we would be deducted 20 points for financial irregularities, or fielding a player that was too young

It's destiny, face it

Even if we win the league, they'll strip us of the title and call it the Johnstone's Paint Championship just for that year

That's never going to happen mate

If we were 16 points clear with a game to go, we would be deducted 20 points for financial irregularities, or fielding a player that was too young

It's destiny, face it

Even if we win the league, they'll strip us of the title and call it the Johnstone's Paint Championship just for that year

You need to go to your happy place.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Evans.

Arsenal not finishing in the top 4.

Us finishing 3rd.

Us being closer to 2nd than 4th.

Us being closer to 1st than 4th.

I didn't think Swansea would be able to dominate possession against good teams.

I didn't think AVB would get sacked this season. (He was doing well at the start.)

RPV not getting injured and missing 20 league games.

That we'd compete against Emirates Marketing Project at WHL instead of getting hammered 6-1. (When I first saw the score, I assumed we had got at least 1 red card.)

Dzeko being complete brick. (He isn't great, but he isn't as bad as he was last season, although his form has dropped since the start of the season.)

Man United not being far worse than they were last season.

Emirates Marketing Project being so strong at the start of the season.

Us not getting past the group stages of the Europa League.

Emirates Marketing Project and Man United not doing better in the Europa League.

Chelsea making it through the group stages of the Champions League.

Livermore being as good as he is.

Saha being as good as he was when he first arrived.

Cahill being as good as he has been for Chelsea.

I thought Carroll would score 10-15 goals this season rather than being Torres mk 2. (I'm not saying I thought Carroll would be a great striker, I just thought he'd be better than Holt.)

Blackburn winning at Old Trafford. Wigan beating Man United.

Arsenal putting together their best winning run for 5(?) years.

I thought it'd be a Barca vs Real Madrid CL final. (I thought Real Madrid would win the double (league and CL.)

I thought Capello would take England to the Euros.

I thought we had the second best squad in the league after City. (I was way too dismissive of Man United, because they lacked CMs and I thought Evans would be total brick like he was last season. I was also way too dismissive of Chelsea because a number of their players are brick and their first team didn't look amazing at the start of the season.)

I thought Liverpool would finish in the top 6.

I thought we'd strengthen in January, not weaken.

I thought we'd win at Arsenal, I was totally sure of it. I was doing victory dances a few hours before kickoff.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Torres.
Chelsea in the CL(They got outplayed by Napoli,Benfica and Barca and still went through to the finals)
Adebayor(After a great start,he had a lot of bad/mediocre perfomances and every now and then a world class one)
Jelavic(I thought he would be good,but not amazing)
Dzeko(I dont understand why he doesnt get more playtime,he is a quality striker)
Redknapp(Thought he knew better than to use Luka as a winger,Bale as RM or generally alot of the tactics he fudged up badly)
Europa League(I thought we would hammer PAOK after the red card)

Us being title challengers.
At Christmas I really thought we had a chance to win our first title for over 50 years. Man U weren't as good as usual, Man C were doing well but had internal strife, Arse had big injury problems hampering their form as well as adjusting to losing 'big name' players and the other 2 (Chelski/Liverpool) were way off their best.
What happened after Christmas proved me totally wrong... :frown:

Last edited:
Back