• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

All depends on what he really means
If his focus is on the fan who were there today he should apologise as no fans were booing, or jeering or doing anything negative despite the fans being the ones with everything at stake

Plenty were singing “are you watching arsenal “ when we conceded the second though

that’s embarrassing

It’s like people would rather reduce how many points arsenal win the league by than us join them in the CL

Which is a red flag

Is he going to be so stubborn In the future, or has he learnt?

He only dropped certain players because they were injured.

The LB situation was just odd

Fair, I’m muddled, I didn’t think he had it in him tbh, but, he’s shown he can, and admitted after the game he needs to adjust.

If he can approach every game with such pragmatism, starting Sunday, he’ll get a bit longer from me.

They're exactly the same thing - you want Tottenham to lose so it hurts another team. Cut it how you like, that's throwing a game. The purpose of being in a sporting contest is to win.
And yes you did advocate for us to lose. Go back and read the conversations.
If I was playing, you could say it was the same thing but I’d be very disappointed in any Tottenham team who went out deliberately to lose. It compromises the integrity of the competition and I never once advocated for that.

Yes I had conflicting emotions about today and I made some tongue in cheek comments about losing but if you read my posts before kick off or sat next to me in the ground during the game, there is only one team I wanted to win.

Which is a red flag

Is he going to be so stubborn In the future, or has he learnt?

He only dropped certain players because they were injured.

The LB situation was just odd

I also personally think the Lo Celso situation has been odd all season. He's looked good when he's played, but the instant Maddison is back, he plays no matter how dogbrick he is while Lo Celso gets almost no time at all, despite regularly looking more dangerous than Maddison has done in months even when he gets 5 or so minutes here and there.

Hard to imagine it's a meritocracy when you see things like that. Feels like dogmatism for the sake of dogmatism.

If I was playing, you could say it was the same thing but I’d be very disappointed in any Tottenham team who went out deliberately to lose. It compromises the integrity of the competition and I never once advocated for that.

Yes I had conflicting emotions about today and I made some tongue in cheek comments about losing but if you read my posts before kick off or sat next to me in the ground during the game, there is only one team I wanted to win.
No player on that pitch didn’t give their all
As fans that’s what we what to aee
But also as fans, I, like you, didn’t want anything other than a win for either side. That’s what was a positive one way or another
The fans that were there today who were spurs fans (there was Arsenal in some areas of the south) didn’t do anything wrong and were supporting the team weren’t we

I've seen on here on socials and in life our fans wanting to lose tonight, if you can't take the manager calling the club fragile for that and other reasons I suggest you look in the mirror because he isnt wrong. He may have got things wrong this season yeah but his overall point isnt

Plenty were singing “are you watching arsenal “ when we conceded the second though

that’s embarrassing

It’s like people would rather reduce how many points arsenal win the league by than us join them in the CL
Was chanted after both goals, some fans were doing the fudging poznan too.

I will caveat by saying that I am in no way heartbroken that we lost this evening and fudge Arsenal.

but the stadium reeked of small time tonight and I think that's what he's talking about.

I've seen on here on socials and in life our fans wanting to lose tonight, if you can't take the manager calling the club fragile for that and other reasons I suggest you look in the mirror because he isnt wrong. He may have got things wrong this season yeah but his overall point isnt

He isn't wrong, but he is also responsible for putting us in the position where we had two unappealing options. If we'd won at home against Arsenal, or weren't in a run of 3 points from 18, maybe we wouldn't have had to choose between CL and the Goons winning the league.

If the club needs a winning mentality, it also needs to come from the manager. The same manager that says set pieces aren't a priority after conceding dozens from them, and for whom winning seems secondary to persevering with his system at all costs.

TL;DR, taking shots at the fans for reacting to a brick situation *you* created is a bit rich, imo, even if you're ultimately right.

He isn't wrong, but he is also responsible for putting us in the position where we had two unappealing options. If we'd won at home against Arsenal, or weren't in a run of 3 points from 18, maybe we wouldn't have had to choose between CL and the Goons winning the league.

If the club needs a winning mentality, it also needs to come from the manager. The same manager that says set pieces aren't a priority after conceding dozens from them, and for whom winning seems secondary to persevering with his system at all costs.

TL;DR, taking shots at the fans for reacting to a brick situation *you* created is a bit rich, imo, even if you're ultimately right.
He’s had a pretty terrible 48 hours imo when it comes to his interactions with the media and his understanding of the fans’ position.

Weird given he was at Celtic; intense rivalry is the one thing you’d think he’d definitely understand.

Frankly I get it. I felt so dirty watching the game that I left on 70 mins. I've never left early before.

But if we hadn't completely fudged it in the previous 4 games then the arithmetic would have been different.

Fact is, we were so brick over the past month as to be almost completely out of the CL race.

I don't expect us to get many points from the games we played recently but a handful of points and the stadium would have still been rocking in his favour.

The hard work is on Ange, not the fans, to turn spurs into a team who are relevant at the top end of the table.

We were reduced to a position of irrelevance before the game, so I have no qualms with the mixed feelings that permeated the ground.

It was embarrassing for some fans to cheer "are you watching arsenal?" after city scored, of course. But we were put in that situation because we were not good enough in previous games.

The fragile mentality lies with the players in being incapable of putting in a string of decent performances in the past few months. Ange is either deliberately ignorant or stupid to think otherwise.

I still back him fully but any reading that puts blame on the fans tonight is entirely misguided and lacks proper context.

Let's hope we are never put in this situation with his teams again, because we have something meaningful to play for not just a few quid or a number next to our name.

COYS

He’s not right though. It was a brick position for fans to be in and he has to appreciate that even if he doesn’t like it. Does he think it would have been any different with Man U/Liverpool, Rangers/Celtic, Madrid/Barca?

It would have been exactly the fudging same. Football is tribal and for a lot of people, a lot of it is hating your rivals almost as much as you love your club.

Ange is being a bit tone deaf here.

He’s had a pretty terrible 48 hours imo when it comes to his interactions with the media and his understanding of the fans’ position.

Weird given he was at Celtic; intense rivalry is the one thing you’d think he’d definitely get.

Rangers were in the toilet when he was there though right, had a complete macaron dragging them down for a couple of years prior.

Frankly I get it. I felt so dirty watching the game that I left on 70 mins. I've never left early before.

But if we hadn't completely fudged it in the previous 4 games then the arithmetic would have been different.

Fact is, we were so brick over the past month as to be almost completely out of the CL race.

I don't expect us to get many points from the games we played recently but a handful of points and the stadium would have still been rocking in his favour.

The hard work is on Ange, not the fans, to turn spurs into a team who are relevant at the top end of the table.

We were reduced to a position of irrelevance before the game, so I have no qualms with the mixed feelings that permeated the ground.

It was embarrassing for some fans to cheer "are you watching arsenal?" after city scored, of course. But we were put in that situation because we were not good enough in previous games.

The fragile mentality lies with the players in being incapable of putting in a string of decent performances in the past few months. Ange is either deliberately ignorant or stupid to think otherwise.

I still back him fully but any reading that puts blame on the fans tonight is entirely misguided and lacks proper context.

Let's hope we are never put in this situation with his teams again, because we have something meaningful to play for not just a few quid or a number next to our name.

COYS
He needs to do his job better.

And.

Us fans are clams.

Back