• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Plenty were singing “are you watching arsenal “ when we conceded the second though

that’s embarrassing

It’s like people would rather reduce how many points arsenal win the league by than us join them in the CL

Not embarrassing at all. Its rivalry. Most fans understand that. If you can’t take pleasure in your rivals downfall then what’s the fudging point?! And please no one say we’re small time for celebrating them not winning the league when they have a day commemorates the fact we can no longer mathematically finish above them when they finish above us 80% of the time anyway. Why is it small time when it’s spurs but just banter when they do it?

Popping back in cos Ange has properly wound me up today.

One of his themes all season has been "it's not up to me to dictate how fans should feel." Absolutely fudging right. So why start now? Why start on this topic? After 5 months of pretty rough football and in particular some really terrible performances recently which put us in this stupid fudging position, why go after the fans for getting some enjoyment out of seeing their biggest rivals (hopefully) finish second?

Am I happy we lost? Yes I am.
Is it small time? Absolutely.
Does it feel good? Not at all.

He should absolutely hate that many of us actively enjoyed it. I love that he does. But don't fudging come after us for feeling that way. I know for a fact I'll be at Spurs a long fudging time after you're gone.
He’s just an employee doing a job. Most of us are Spurs til we die. And some of us would rather the Arse don’t win the title, even if it means us losing one game. And again, if we get EL it will be better, imo, for the club development than getting CL despite the new format.

Stuff about throwing the game apparently.
No wonder he's got the fudging hump, he lost, he's had questions in pressers about fans wanting him to lose all week, atmosphere in the stadium was strange and he's had some plonker supposedly saying it to him directly at the game (if that's true).

Don't really blame him at all for his post match attitude, probably sleep on it and come up a bit rosier tomorrow but good lord what a club we are.

Not embarrassing at all. Its rivalry. Most fans understand that. If you can’t take pleasure in your rivals downfall then what’s the fudging point?! And please no one say we’re small time for celebrating them not winning the league when they have a day commemorates the fact we can no longer mathematically finish above them when they finish above us 80% of the time anyway. Why is it small time when it’s spurs but just banter when they do it?
Embarrassing, if true, is the story that Arse fans set of fireworks at 2am outside the hotel city usually use before a game. Small time is the fact they weren’t there.

No wonder he's got the fudging hump, he lost, he's had questions in pressers about fans wanting him to lose all week, atmosphere in the stadium was strange and he's had some plonker supposedly saying it to him directly at the game (if that's true).

Don't really blame him at all for his post match attitude, probably sleep on it and come up a bit rosier tomorrow but good lord what a club we are.

People been wearing "I want us to lose" like it's a badge of honour all week and when tis called out they drop it and look for an excuse for saying it.

End of the day I don't blame Ange for the consequence of a long 38 game season coming down to this moment and I accept his comments that my view of wanting to lose was small time, because it is.

I don't want him to lose his job because I looked In the mirror and didn't like what I saw, I will own it and we move into the summer and hopefully find ourselves in better situations next season.

Either that or we jack it in and start again and add Ange to the 40+ years of failures

People been wearing "I want us to lose" like it's a badge of honour all week and when tis called out they drop it and look for an excuse for saying it.

End of the day I don't blame Ange for the consequence of a long 38 game season coming down to this moment and I accept his comments that my view of wanting to lose was small time, because it is.

I don't want him to lose his job because I looked In the mirror and didn't like what I saw, I will own it and we move into the summer and hopefully find ourselves in better situations next season.

Either that or we jack it in and start again and add Ange to the 40+ years of failures

I understand as the manager he will feel differently than the fans. But he’s got to understand why we feel like that. It’s not logical or right but it is what it is. He also needs to take some responsibility himself for the horror show of a run in we’ve produced. That 4-0 win away to Villa should have kicked us on but we’ve fell apart since and it was all for nothing.

I understand as the manager he will feel differently than the fans. But he’s got to understand why we feel like that. It’s not logical or right but it is what it is. He also needs to take some responsibility himself for the horror show of a run in we’ve produced. That 4-0 win away to Villa should have kicked us on but we’ve fell apart since and it was all for nothing.

But we also have to separate that we are fans and don't see it like elite level sports. And before anyone retorts "well it's his fault" etc i would say the same in any given scenario with any manager at the helm.

Curious to me what the last 48 hours has done to Ange that the four losses in a row didn’t do. Other than him seeing lifelong fans not wanting our detested, reviled, disgusting rivals to win the league that is.

This is why I’m annoyed. He’s normally someone who gets fans. He saw his dad act like we do. He of all managers should have understood our position, even if he didn’t agree with it.

This is why I’m annoyed. He’s normally someone who gets fans. He saw his dad act like we do. He of all managers should have understood our position, even if he didn’t agree with it.
I doubt his dad ever wanted his team to loose. He is shocked that fans of the team he manages were happy to loose. The fans were singing are you watching scum what does that say to the manager & players ii wouldn't be surprised if he walked

Can you imagine Nicholson or Burkinshaw allowing anything but a win against city & they both understood the rivalry. I reckon both would let the fans know exactly how they felt As Ange has done

Last edited:
Disappointed and somewhat surprised by the number of people on here defending the crowd cheering City goals/wanting us to lose.

Absolute priority for the crowd/fans/the club should be the team's success. To cheer when we get scored against, when we were still looking for a way into the Champions' League IS embarrassing.

Back