• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Popping back in cos Ange has properly wound me up today.

One of his themes all season has been "it's not up to me to dictate how fans should feel." Absolutely fudging right. So why start now? Why start on this topic? After 5 months of pretty rough football and in particular some really terrible performances recently which put us in this stupid fudging position, why go after the fans for getting some enjoyment out of seeing their biggest rivals (hopefully) finish second?

Am I happy we lost? Yes I am.
Is it small time? Absolutely.
Does it feel good? Not at all.

He should absolutely hate that many of us actively enjoyed it. I love that he does. But don't fudging come after us for feeling that way. I know for a fact I'll be at Spurs a long fudging time after you're gone.

Popping back in cos Ange has properly wound me up today.

One of his themes all season has been "it's not up to me to dictate how fans should feel." Absolutely fudging right. So why start now? Why start on this topic? After 5 months of pretty rough football and in particular some really terrible performances recently which put us in this stupid fudging position, why go after the fans for getting some enjoyment out of seeing their biggest rivals (hopefully) finish second?

Am I happy we lost? Yes I am.
Is it small time? Absolutely.
Does it feel good? Not at all.

He should absolutely hate that many of us actively enjoyed it. I love that he does. But don't fudging come after us for feeling that way. I know for a fact I'll be at Spurs a long fudging time after you're gone.
Yeah it’s odd no one wants their team to lose. It’s my team. It’s your team
It’s not his team. But that’s why he is a professional and I’m an idiot who spends time and money supporting my team
I think we will see in his next presser what really meant

He isn't wrong, but he is also responsible for putting us in the position where we had two unappealing options. If we'd won at home against Arsenal, or weren't in a run of 3 points from 18, maybe we wouldn't have had to choose between CL and the Goons winning the league.

If the club needs a winning mentality, it also needs to come from the manager. The same manager that says set pieces aren't a priority after conceding dozens from them, and for whom winning seems secondary to persevering with his system at all costs.

TL;DR, taking shots at the fans for reacting to a brick situation *you* created is a bit rich, imo, even if you're ultimately right.

Arsenal are better than us, have been for 20+ years and in recent times have a 5 years start on him as manager. So it doesn't fall squarely on his shoulders and he hasn't plotted it so that it came down to this situation, it is just how it is.

We neded up where we are and despite us wanting to over analyse and deep dive in how it happened I don't want a manager to look into our fans mentality of wanting to lose and him being comfortable.

We have frankly put him in a weird situation and he punched back and I'm absolutely delighted he has, shows teeth and abit of b0llox about him.

If we can't handle that then maybe don't spend all week wanting your own side to lose and you won't get called out for the fact.

Was chanted after both goals, some fans were doing the fudging poznan too.

I will caveat by saying that I am in no way heartbroken that we lost this evening and fudge Arsenal.

but the stadium reeked of small time tonight and I think that's what he's talking about.
Was you there ?
I was
It was minorities but also why wouldnt they sing that
We do something tonight they didn’t for a start..lol we tried to win the game
That game mattered much more for arsenal than it did for us right now. We will grow from this but we now know what can happen this weekend
The outcome today had to be a win for one team for either side to have a positive

Arsenal are better than us, have been for 20+ years and in recent times have a 5 years start on him as manager. So it doesn't fall squarely on his shoulders and he hasn't plotted it so that it came down to this situation, it is just how it is.

We neded up where we are and despite us wanting to over analyse and deep dive in how it happened I don't want a manager to look into our fans mentality of wanting to lose and him being comfortable.

We have frankly put him in a weird situation and he punched back and I'm absolutely delighted he has, shows teeth and abit of b0llox about him.

If we can't handle that then maybe don't spend all week wanting your own side to lose and you won't get called out for the fact.
Fans make a difference, yes, and if you knew me you'd know I'm the biggest advocate of that. I constantly give brick to those around me for not backing the team.

But to say "we put him in a weird situation" is comical at best.

Fans make a difference, yes, and if you knew me you'd know I'm the biggest advocate of that. I constantly give brick to those around me for not backing the team.

But to say "we put him in a weird situation" is comical at best.

Managers want to win

We wanted them to lose

He was allowed to say that's odd

I go asleep accepting its odd and hold no grudges

The world keeps turning

The fans today were not the problem
It’s a really weird take
I went there and cheers on the team like most fans knowing the outcomes
I was not happy we conceded, yet again, a weak goal.
I was bit happy we missed a lot of decent chances
But..l I’m fine with it because I saw progress on the pitch and because of the circumstances it hasn’t helped our rivals. It now means a country that has won loads of recent titles is likely to win another

Managers want to win

We wanted them to lose

The world keeps turning
Yeah fair, it's odd, but it still feels like a deflection.

Then again I don't really think he was blaming the fans in his presser tbh. It felt more like a general frustration at how the run-in has played out, which we all share. But as much as the atmosphere makes a difference, the buck doesn't stop with the fans.

The fans today were not the problem
It’s a really weird take
I went there and cheers on the team like most fans knowing the outcomes
I was not happy we conceded, yet again, a weak goal.
I was bit happy we missed a lot of decent chances
But..l I’m fine with it because I saw progress on the pitch and because of the circumstances it hasn’t helped our rivals. It now means a country that has won loads of recent titles is likely to win another
The manager should be allowed an opinion on fans wanting the side to lose AND those fans who wanted it to happen to take it on the chin, I mean I was happy with us losing and I accept it might be weird for Ange to take. Its hardly the end of the world stuff, he has a massive point

He's the one that seems unable to handle reality. The simple fact is that he put the club in a situation where fans had no choice but to choose the least-worst option.

Blaming us for doing that is deflecting from the reality that his team, coached by him, put us in that situation by constantly losing these past few weeks. Feels a little like he doesn't want to face the truth.

As a manager, if you can't handle fans seeking their solace after your team folded against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves, Fulham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, it doesn't speak highly of your ability to reflect on your mistakes. Fans aren't to blame here. Focus inward, Ange.

Managers want to win

We wanted them to lose

The world keeps turning
I’ll cut him some slack on the basis it’s a post match interview and he’s emotional. It also must grate when you hear “are you watching Arsenal” when you concede.

But it’s poorly judged and I hope he rows back a bit on it in the cold light of day.

He's the one that seems unable to handle reality. The simple fact is that he put the club in a situation where fans had no choice but to choose the least-worst option.

Blaming us for doing that is deflecting from the reality that his team, coached by him, put us in that situation by constantly losing these past few weeks. Feels a little like he doesn't want to face the truth.

As a manager, if you can't handle fans seeking their solace after your team folded against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves, Fulham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, it doesn't speak highly of your ability to reflect on your mistakes. Fans aren't to blame here. Focus inward, Ange.
He can simultaneously be aggrieved that he didn't receive the support he wanted and know that there is work he needs to do. In fact he said as much.

He still has my faith he should have yours too, he's transformed us in the past year and I'm excited to see how far he can take us.

The manager should be allowed an opinion on fans wanting the side to lose AND those fans who wanted it to happen to take it on the chin, I mean I was happy with us losing and I accept it might be weird for Ange to take. Its hardly the end of the world stuff, he has a massive point
But that vibe wasn’t at the ground.
No one there went against the team
The only thing that did go against the team was the marking of haaland
That ain’t the fans in the stands
He want a culture change … maybe he should look at how we defend set pieces first

I’ll cut him some slack on the basis it’s a post match interview and he’s emotional. It also must grate when you hear “are you watching Arsenal” when you concede.

But it’s poorly judged and I hope he rows back a bit on it in the cold light of day.

I cut him slack because the Turkeys praying for Christmas get Christmas then complain on boxing day.

I don't blame Ange because Arsenal nearly won the league and playground logic dictates that come the end of a 38 game season we play a part in the outcome that it's all on his shoulders....that's just ridiculous.

The rhetoric that Ange single Handley put us in that situation is laughable.

I can accept wanting us to lose lies with me and take what Ange says as a reasonable response to that without then spacegoating him for saying it.

For me it's the same line that he's said the rest of the season. "Look mate I see it as a coach, as a professional who always want to win. If the fans get caught up in hurting their rivals then so be it, it's not up to me to tell them how to feel."

Job done, everyone moves on.

But that vibe wasn’t at the ground.
No one there went against the team
The only thing that did go against the team was the marking of haaland
That ain’t the fans in the stands
He want a culture change … maybe he should look at how we defend set pieces first

SKy interviewed fans literally saying it, people cheered goals, people poznaned or whatever the fudge it is. They literally made a point of tracking a bunch og fans they intereviewed who celebrated it......Someone else there literally posted here what they saw and called it small time....it is

I would rather own what happened accept the comments tonight by Ange, than pretend it wasn't a thing and now feel slighted by his comments

SKy interviewed fans literally saying it, people cheered goals, people poznaned or whatever the fudge it is. They literally made a point of tracking a bunch og fans they intereviewed who celebrated it......Someone else there literally posted here what they saw and called it small time....it is

I would rather own what happened accept the comments tonight by Ange than pretend it wasn't a thing and now feel slighted by his comments
How many poznaned
About 5 people
Fans say many things on Tv
They aren’t the people that make it happen on the pitch

The way he fixes it is by getting us winning

That’s how you change the mentality

How many poznaned
About 5 people
Fans say many things on Tv
They aren’t the people that make it happen on the pitch

The way he fixes it is by getting us winning

That’s how you change the mentality

I agree but they are two sperate things. Let's not go 180 and pretend that fans not wanting to win tonight wasn't a thing because it was, the whole media build up has been that and personally I think Amge handled it in the build up, with the performance and after well....as he has other situations this season including having Kane sold 11th hour as an example. My point is we can't carry the "hope we lose" opinion then cry when it's called out. I mean if I can live with it whilst also accepting there is work to do footballing wise and not conflate the two to give myself a pass for wanting to lose, I'm sure others can. But I will leave that with others to decide.

I don't blame Ange Postecoglou for wanting to lose tonight game, it would be a massive cop out for me.to say I do

Back