• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We need at least one World class player...

We are Tottenham

Kasey Keller
to take this club forward..
Oh yes we all know that ...but now is the time!
Don,t ask me where, who or how but it's a great opotunity as we stand with our current squad.

I don,t know about you but I,m fed up with watching chances go, while the scum go on grabbing trophies.

Don,t ask me where, who or how but it's a great opotunity as we stand with our current squad.

I don,t know about you but I,m fed up with watching chances go, while the scum go on grabbing trophies.

Actually now is not the time, a world class player in January? Are you sure?

I admire your optimism, I really do. Reminds me of what I was myself, once. :)

I don't think outright buying a world class player is an option for us until well after the new stadium opens, unless said player happens to be available cheaply and favoured by Poch (a la Rafa). I'm not nearly as disappointed by that as I once would have been, though, because it seems to me that, existibg obvious faults aside, Levy's genuinely trying to back our current manager with whatever he requires, including large bids for very good players slightly below that world-class threshold (Toby, Son) who make us better as a team by dint of their individual qualities and tactical compatibility with our style of play. Personally, I don't think much more can be asked for than that: if we're willing to go into the red at the end of the window for someone the manager likes, world-class or not, that's a good sign. Whether that person is a world-class player or not becomes largely a function of market dynamics at that point.

We can all dream can't we :)

I would phrase it rather differently. Levy needs to back Poch to the hilt in this window to secure the target or targets he really wants. Hopefully, that will be another CF to provide cover and competition for Kane.

We need one in the summer in an attacking role if we qualify for the CL and want to take the club to the next level, I agree. Someone like Alexis Sanchez, Davdi Silva, Hazard, Willian I think is what we would need, up to you whether you call them world class

I'd say Lloris, Alder and Kane are currently in the top 50 players in world football. Alli and Dier could be there in the next couple of years too, maybe even Lamela or Son.

The last thing we need is a big ego big wage player ruining everything. Vive la collective.

When was the last couple of times a PL side signed a world class player in the January transfer window?

(Of course every team in the league would improve with one (more) world class player).

We can all dream can't we :)

I would phrase it rather differently. Levy needs to back Poch to the hilt in this window to secure the target or targets he really wants. Hopefully, that will be another CF to provide cover and competition for Kane.

The strongest message coming from Poch at the moment is that he doesn't want anyone to rock the boat.

A CF version of Alli/Dier/Njie/Wimmer would be ideal.

When was the last couple of times a PL side signed a world class player in the January transfer window?

(Of course every team in the league would improve with one (more) world class player).

IIRC Suarez signed for Liverpool during January.

However it took him 18 months to become good.

IIRC Suarez signed for Liverpool during January.

However it took him 18 months to become good.

Yeah. An approach with this as our aim seems a lot closer to our wheelhouse.

Was more wondering about players that were considered world class or close to it at the time of signing that came in and made a difference that season.

I wonder how many established world class players would buy into Poch's methods and work ethic.

Definitely a good question. If you look at Simeone as comparable to Poch in terms of work ethic required I think some pretty awesome close to world class players definitely can be bought and fit in well. But it limits the pool of players one can choose from compared to a different approach.

Definitely a good question. If you look at Simeone as comparable to Poch in terms of work ethic required I think some pretty awesome close to world class players definitely can be bought and fit in well. But it limits the pool of players one can choose from compared to a different approach.

As you say, it does narrow the pool which is likely to make them more expensive.

It's a nonsense suggestion anyway, our model is based on developing potential rather than signing finished products and that is unlikely to change any time soon.

It seems a funny time to lose patience with our model too. We have had the best results of any PL club over the Christmas period and just had our best performance of the season in the opening 45 minutes yesterday.

Back