• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We need at least one World class player...

In the Toby thread I asked what more could he do to be world class. In effect he has joined our side and we have gone from the 16th best to the best defence in 6 months!!!! That's based on goals conceded last and this season

That is a crazy improvement and I appreciate its not down to one player as we now have Dier for example playing a great screening role (as well as doing other things) but I cannot think of any side that hashad that impact frommone player to their goal difference and that for me currently puts him right up there with the best

And Ramos is a clown show of a player who would struggle to get in Stokes side IMO. Toby vs him from what I've seen so far is no competition. Both are hairstylist but one can defend without trying to maim people

I only used ramos as an example of my way of deciding world class. imo he would get into most of the top sides in the world.
arsenal
man utd
Emirates Marketing Project
Chelsea
yep.

PSG
yep

bayern
probably he's better than badstuber and be benatia

any Italian side.

it's all opinion anyway. and opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one.

on a side note I've just looked at his disciplinary record and he does average a booking every 3 games.
I'd still have him though lol

I admire your optimism, I really do. Reminds me of what I was myself, once. :)

I don't think outright buying a world class player is an option for us until well after the new stadium opens, unless said player happens to be available cheaply and favoured by Poch (a la Rafa). I'm not nearly as disappointed by that as I once would have been, though, because it seems to me that, existibg obvious faults aside, Levy's genuinely trying to back our current manager with whatever he requires, including large bids for very good players slightly below that world-class threshold (Toby, Son) who make us better as a team by dint of their individual qualities and tactical compatibility with our style of play. Personally, I don't think much more can be asked for than that: if we're willing to go into the red at the end of the window for someone the manager likes, world-class or not, that's a good sign. Whether that person is a world-class player or not becomes largely a function of market dynamics at that point.

I always burie myself in it..
I agree,we don't have the money. Allthough we have some..we had a player called Bale. Rated as one of the best in the world. We lost him. Then there's Madric..lost him. Barbatov lost him. We can't hold on to our World class players and that makes me sick. Bale going to all the top clubs bar us...soon!
Wer'e not even even mentioned in media on TV or radio.. Tottenham Don,t count. That makes me... Sick. We brought these players forward ffs. Eriksen will be gone next. Something has to be done and I don't know what? Also I doubt very much if our new Stadium will help...allthough I am looking forward to seeing it. Not all pessimism lol.
Were looked down in the media. Haven't won the league since 1961. We really need to be there in the clubs at the very top flight.
That's petty disapointing and I don't think we will ever make it! And thats disapointing innit.

Still..
Not all about winning innit..LOL

We do have another potential World Class player .....only he isn't playing like it so far this season.

As I said in his thread, if we could get Eriksen back to his best, it could make the difference between this being a good season and a great one.

I always burie myself in it..
I agree,we don't have the money. Allthough we have some..we had a player called Bale. Rated as one of the best in the world. We lost him. Then there's Madric..lost him. Barbatov lost him. We can't hold on to our World class players and that makes me sick. Bale going to all the top clubs bar us...soon!
Wer'e not even even mentioned in media on TV or radio.. Tottenham Don,t count. That makes me... Sick. We brought these players forward ffs. Eriksen will be gone next. Something has to be done and I don't know what? Also I doubt very much if our new Stadium will help...allthough I am looking forward to seeing it. Not all pessimism lol.
Were looked down in the media. Haven't won the league since 1961. We really need to be there in the clubs at the very top flight.
That's petty disapointing and I don't think we will ever make it! And thats disapointing innit.

Still..
Not all about winning innit..LOL

We can't hold on to our world class players, but you expect us to sign one? In January no less...

The lesson from the Modric and Bale situations are patience and buying players with huge potential.

Whilst i agree in general, i dont think a younger player would have a problem with such high profile players like Modric or Bale earning 3 times what they do.
No, probably not. But what I'm worried about is when you improve/extends contracts. Kane reportedly received a wage boost up to 70K/w from being bumped from 45K/w in under a year. Now, would he be happy with 70K if Bale commanded 250K/w? What about Eriksen? Lloris? Alli? I personally hold mentioned ripple effect responsible for the decline in competition and economy of many leagues. I have no problem with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo earning boatloads, but suddenly you have to pay 2nd tier players huge amounts and even bench players way too much just to lace their boots. Which again leads to inflated ticket prices, insane TV money and subsequently higher TV prices, and potential ruin for smaller clubs trying to compete without the pulling power/money injection of the Real Madrids and Manchester Citys of the world.

I would absolutely love to see Bale and Modric back at the Lane, but with their present status I'm afraid it would make our contract negotiations considerably more difficult in the future. Even if our lack of transfer activity is frustrating at times, I'm very happy about our club being solidly run financially.

We can't hold on to our world class players, but you expect us to sign one? In January no less...

The lesson from the Modric and Bale situations are patience and buying players with huge potential.

And taking a team based approach and being less reliant on one player.

We have a wonderful squad full of some really promising players. I think that, as a unit, this is the best Spurs team that I have seen. We should be celebrating that and be excited about what they can achieve rather than sulking because we cannot compete with Real Madrid financially.

And taking a team based approach and being less reliant on one player.

We have a wonderful squad full of some really promising players. I think that, as a unit, this is the best Spurs team that I have seen. We should be celebrating that and be excited about what they can achieve rather than sulking because we cannot compete with Real Madrid financially.

Absolutely. And add to that squad with real quality when we can, as we have with Alli, Trippier, Davies, Alderweireld, Dier...

Back