• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We blew it!

I don't remember any penalty calls that went against us this season but i sure as hell remember penalty calls that the opposition should have got against us. We should have got 3 today though.

Ah well, what can we say, another 'agree to disagree'...in all fairness we've done well here not to get chippy with each other, so all good, onwards and upwards, let's hope the summer gives us both what we want for our team and COYS. Best, Steff...

We were the only club not awarded one all season I think.

so? if we don't deserve any penalties then you generally don't get awarded it. I remember 5 penalties that should have certainly been awarded against us this season but wasn't but i only remember 3 we should have got (all today).

Funnily enough the only other one I think we should have got was Sunderland away when Bale was blatantly fouled by Gardner in the box.

It is strange to get no penalites in a season, but I honestly can't think of many games where I walked away and thought you know what? We were robbed there. Most of Bale's bookings for diving were deserved.

Wow some strange opinions and statements on this thread...

I think ill come back in a couple of days when the lunatics have gone back to the asylum

8 points above Arsenal, yeah let's laugh at them now.

2 defeats in our last 23 games? We didn't blow it.

The teams around us just spent more money, that's all. Some of them spent money they didn't have didn't earn and won't pay back on players they couldn't afford.

Oh, and as for being 7 points clear, it means little when both sides hadn't played the same teams.

When it came down to it, ONE goal in 76 games made the difference. That's how fine the margin was.

I, for one, am proud.

Arsenal pay £1,000,000 more in wages, that's something like £52,000,000 for a point

£1m more a WEEK?!

Jeez. That really does put it in context.

So we have that, Chelsea's £100m midfield and £78m strike force and the City Oilers to contend with. No wonder the going is tough.

8 points above Arsenal, yeah let's laugh at them now.

What complete and utter rubbish. We had an excellent points return of 72. AVB did an amazing job to get us there considering the resources we had. If the club had bought a top striker we would have made the top 4, but it did not so Considering all things I would say we did very well

So tiresome and boring.

Arsenal also have a 9m net spend in something like 10 years.

and also had the likes of Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and numerous other world class players. They got to where they were because Wengers ability to scout the French market and no one else had a clue about. He built his side, won his trophies, league unbeaten etc, since then they've been down hill because he DOESN'T spend big. Less than 10 years ago they were finishing the league on 90 odd points, they're now round about the 70 mark.

It again goes in that category of, we're finishing round about the same level with clubs spending much more than us in terms of wages or transfers but we're COMPETING with them. I'm like you though, I want our chairman to show intent in getting us to the NEXT level. Imagine what we could achieve if we did spend at those levels.

and also had the likes of Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and numerous other world class players. They got to where they were because Wengers ability to scout the French market and no one else had a clue about. He built his side, won his trophies, league unbeaten etc, since then they've been down hill because he DOESN'T spend big. Less than 10 years ago they were finishing the league on 90 odd points, they're now round about the 70 mark.

It again goes in that category of, we're finishing round about the same level with clubs spending much more than us in terms of wages or transfers but we're COMPETING with them. I'm like you though, I want our chairman to show intent in getting us to the NEXT level. Imagine what we could achieve if we did spend at those levels.

How much more did Chelsea spend on wages last season than we did btw?

Back