• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We blew it!

many who watch Arse would say the same....the margins are so fine, thats why there was 1 point between the 2 team i guess

both teams played average football, and both teams on the whole ground out hard fought victories.

even down to the last game, Spurs scored in the last minute and Arse could so easily have conceded in the last minute and we wouldhave been in the CL. Thats how close the 2 teams are and have been

Arsenal played average football? i don't agree at all but i'll just leave it at that.

Why not? To win when playing ugly or not playing well is a fine "top 4" trait.

I'm saying if the league was based solely on performances we wouldn't be top 4 imo. Defensively we haven't been anywhere near solid enough and as an attacking threat we relied heavily on 1 player. Our strikers didn't produce, our defence as a unit could not really be considered solid either.

Arsenal played average football? i don't agree at all but i'll just leave it at that.

did you watch them today? away to QPR? away to Fulham? away to Swansea? home to Everton? for 75% of the game against Norwich at home? West brom?

these are just top off my head during this amazing run they have been on since the 2-1 defeat at the Lane

they have simply been grinding out victories. Talk to some sane Arse fans. They dnt mind the results, but havent enjoyed the performances

I'm saying if the league was based solely on performances we wouldn't be top 4 imo. Defensively we haven't been anywhere near solid enough and as an attacking threat we relied heavily on 1 player. Our strikers didn't produce, our defence as a unit could not really be considered solid either.

We're clearly a work in progress. I think that AVB has done well with the players he had at his disposal but the real test will be next season.

Yea we were nowhere near as fluid and as good to watch as last season. Arsenal are a better footballing side, but there's not much now. We have the foundations of a fantastic side. I couldn't see us improving much on Lloris, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele. Bale. Great spine. Sprinkle some magic on there and absolutely it's possible to stay in the mix. And just to do that is no mean feat considering we're hardly on a level playing field with some of these guys. It's been a monumental effort once again and it's desperately sad we miss out again, but we've recovered plenty of times before and we will again.

Also, as stupid as it sounds I want us to be go into this break thinking we can win the title next season. It is possible. We have to do some amazing business in the close season.

Yea we were nowhere near as fluid and as good to watch as last season. Arsenal are a better footballing side, but there's not much now. We have the foundations of a fantastic side. I couldn't see us improving much on Lloris, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele. Bale. Great spine. Sprinkle some magic on there and absolutely it's possible to stay in the mix. And just to do that is no mean feat considering we're hardly on a level playing field with some of these guys. It's been a monumental effort once again and it's desperately sad we miss out again, but we've recovered plenty of times before and we will again.

=D>

Also, as stupid as it sounds I want us to be go into this break thinking we can win the title next season. It is possible. We have to do some amazing business in the close season.

I get the feeling AVB is drilling that mentality into the players and the club, that we CAN beat anyone, we don't give up easily. If we played like we did the second half of the season for the whole season, I reckon we'd probably have finished 2nd/3rd. We had a real slow start to the campaign with the loss at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the two home draws.

did you watch them today? away to QPR? away to Fulham? away to Swansea? home to Everton? for 75% of the game against Norwich at home? West brom?

these are just top off my head during this amazing run they have been on since the 2-1 defeat at the Lane

they have simply been grinding out victories. Talk to some sane Arse fans. They dnt mind the results, but havent enjoyed the performances

yes away, away, away, away where it's generally accepted to grind out results (they deserved to win all the games except everton btw because they limited the opposition to fudge all). We did generally the same away from home too and i rated us as 8/10 for away performance.

First half of last season you mean, right? Or would you include the second half of last season as being more fluid and better to watch than last season?

We've lost some fluidity, but we've added other things. I agree with you that we have a great spine to keep building on. The fact that spine you mention 3 out of 6 players were signed last summer gives me great hope, they will hopefully improve with a full season behind them and a full pre-season and if we can find a couple more players at that level I feel confident that we will move forward.

Villa - 12 mill
Kaka - 8 mill
Robben - 8 mill

I've said it before and I've said it again that not doing our main transfer business before the season started is where we blew it. Our first 3 games just bedding new players in with only one striker, no Lloris, no Dembele (other than a sub appearance) , no Dempsey, no Ade and an unbalanced looking team with Livermore in midfield.

Results were:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a) Lost
WBA (h) Drew
Norwich (h) Drew

We needed just 2 more points to finish 4th this season and I think starting with our transfers done would have got us those 2 points from those games in all likelihood

I'm not thinking those type of players are necessary. It's not big names as such that are needed but just genuine talent. Come on Levy, get Baldini in now and let's start the summer now.

i think those 3 have the status to persuade Bale to stay. The experience they have, added to the young talent we have enough of, would make us title challengers in an instant.

Back