• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Maybe not the worst defender ever at Spurs but certainly in with a shout for the bottom five ;)

I'm not sad to see him exit but I actually think there may be a good player hidden in there somewhere. Hidden very well to be sure. I guess we'll never get to see that player now.

Yeah maybe. Clearly he's not good enough, but we have had some really bad defenders :Davenport, Ramon Vega, Gary Doherty, Alton Thelwell, Mabizela, and Ricardo Rocha were worse or at least as bad. I'm forgetting the bong and John Scales only because of not enough playing time. All subjective anyway, and I think we're both happy for him to be going!

Maybe not the worst defender ever at Spurs but certainly in with a shout for the bottom five ;)

I'm not sad to see him exit but I actually think there may be a good player hidden in there somewhere. Hidden very well to be sure. I guess we'll never get to see that player now.

We'll probably see it when we get knocked out of the EL in March next year. :(

Not good enough for us but will end up playing for Napoli? 5th best team in Italy? The delusion around here scares me sometimes.

Yeah maybe. Clearly he's not good enough, but we have had some really bad defenders :Davenport, Ramon Vega, Gary Doherty, Alton Thelwell, Mabizela, and Ricardo Rocha were worse or at least as bad. I'm forgetting the bong and John Scales only because of not enough playing time. All subjective anyway, and I think we're both happy for him to be going!
My GHod an awful selection of players! I remember watching us play and we were 2-1 up at the lane and I went to to the toilet and came back to my seat and we were 3-2 down. Doherty scored and own goal and passed back to Keller badly resulting in a goal. 4-4 was final score but can't remember who we were playing!

Tramezzani, Gilberto...the list is endless:eek:

Chiriches showed nothing to suggest he'll be any good anywhere. Suggesting he'll do a job for Napoli is pure speculation based on no evidence. He was also appalling in the el - anyone forgotten the Besiktas horror show? Maybe he can only play against Teams who habe their grounds in a certain latitude? Or teams who have the letter 'd' in their name? Or maybe he is just fudging useless! I don't und er stand why people might struggle with that notion?!

Why aren't we announcing this yet? He is training with them in their kit!

The optimist in me is hoping its a double announcement with Ade?

My GHod an awful selection of players! I remember watching us play and we were 2-1 up at the lane and I went to to the toilet and came back to my seat and we were 3-2 down. Doherty scored and own goal and passed back to Keller badly resulting in a goal. 4-4 was final score but can't remember who we were playing!

What is he DOING? Gary Docherty, what is he DOING?

Edit: Your memory wasn't quite infallible; we went from 3-1 up to 4-3 down before Defoe saved the bacon.

Last edited:

Thanks for that. :(

How terrible was that. Wasn't that really soon after the infamous 4-3 defeat to Emirates Marketing Project against 10 men too? We were atrocious

As an aside... didn't realise Leicester had so many ex Spurs players?! Walker, Ferdinand, Thatcher, Freund!

I went to both those games you mention.

You just can't really appreciate how truly woeful we were at times in those days.

Edit: Your memory wasn't quite infallible; we went from 3-1 up to 4-3 down before Defoe saved the bacon.
thanks for that also mate, it was horrible. I remember coming back from a wee and thought I'd been knocked out or lost conscious for 15 mins! I also remember watching on sky as I recorded the games and Andy Grays commentary! It makes you appreciate the good team we have now (even though I and we on here don't at times)!

thanks for that also mate, it was horrible. I remember coming back from a wee and thought I'd been knocked out or lost conscious for 15 mins! I also remember watching on sky as I recorded the games and Andy Grays commentary! It makes you appreciate the good team we have now (even though I and we on here don't at times)!

To go from that total and utter garbage to having players like Modric, Bale, Berbatov etc. is actually quite a transformation.

And at one point they could have just given us 13th in the table at the beginning of the season we always seemed to finish there.

Back