• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

If he'd just learn to not dribble in defense, he'd become a lot better straight away. He has tried this several times in every game I've seen him play, and 90% of the time he seems to fail. Complete liability because of this. If he would learn to eradicate this from his game, he'd be ... an OK player.

seen a few rumours about a Galatasaray bid.....

would expect him and Kaboul to be gone soon.
A Norwegian news site is saying that we've rejected a 3,5 million pound bid from galatasaray. No idea where they got it from.

Edit:

Aparently it's from the London evening standard.

Regardless of his ability he doesnt have it mentally. Remember our trashing at Emirates Marketing Project? Remember the tunnel cam on city TV station. Remember Chiriches sheepishly waiting to talk to City's Romanian keeper in the tunnel. Your team just got trashed. You should be furious, not waiting like a 9 year old autograph hunter for fudging Pantilimon.

I dont think anyone has said he is a bad footballer he just does not make the grade in the premier league. He might be the captain of Romania but he wouldn't get any where near the England team. He is not suited to the premier league and neither is Roberto Soldado, but unless we get anothger striker in I dont suppose we will sell him. Just hope Galatasaray up their offer

I would sell for £3.5m, but I guess Levy will try and get around £5m (he's normally good at getting the maximum fee we can).

I don't think he has a future. We have Toby and Vert as first choice, with Dier and Wimmer as young backups. Then we have Fazio as another senior player (but I think he may be sold, unless we loan out Wimmer). Chiriches is a long way from playing much, if any, football for us imo.

Developments this evening it seems.

Fiorentina's Sporting Director has apparently made a statement insisting they "do not care" about Chiriches and were never interested in him. But this might just be public posturing - an attempt to save face having lost their target at the last minute. Because at almost the same time, some Italian journo reported that Chiriches has agreed personal terms with Napoli and a medical is imminent.

My guess - for what little it's worth - is that Napoli were prepared to buy the player outright and that was Tottenham's preferred option, so they pulled out of the Fiorentina deal. And I suspect we'll read about his transfer on the official site before the end of this week.

If its permanent thats much better for us....

cant feel to sorry for the viola....they did spank our bot bots in the el.

I'm usually very sentimental about players leaving, but I can't say I'm sorry to see Vlad go. Had high hopes for him, but it looks like he never got used to the pace and the physical of the game in the PL. If Napoli is buying him, good. And I actually think he will do good there.

Plays like he is the only one on the pitch that is playing with a rubber bouncy ball or..

1287507497_horse-plazying-with-big-ball.gif

I think he would be a very good player in Italy ( if that is where he goes) he never got used to the pace of the game here but the slower pace in Italy should suit him.

Back