• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Hahaha, Gary Doc and Johnnie Jackson, thank GHod, the times have changed. Two of the bricktiest players I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt, both doing as they usually did, fudging it up. :D

To go from that total and utter garbage to having players like Modric, Bale, Berbatov etc. is actually quite a transformation.

And at one point they could have just given us 13th in the table at the beginning of the season we always seemed to finish there.
yep, something like 11 wins, 13 draws, 14 losses, 0 goal difference.

What is he DOING? Gary Docherty, what is he DOING?

Edit: Your memory wasn't quite infallible; we went from 3-1 up to 4-3 down before Defoe saved the bacon.
That video should actually be shown every time someone moans about todays squad. I had a laugh, till I remembered how much pain we had ten years ago :)
Btw, good luck, Vlad. You will do well in a slower Serie A.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good.

What a player. It's because of these videos we are able to command any sort of money for these players

Seriously though, Holtby, Capoue, Chiriches, Paulinho, Stambouli, Kaboul and Adebayor are all good players. But when players don't play regularly week in week out you see how it affects them. Footballers need to play football. Liverpool will find that out this season with their huge squad. Decent players will start to look average.
Good luck to all of them.

That video should actually be shown every time someone moans about todays squad. I had a laugh, till I remembered how much pain we had ten years ago :)
Btw, good luck, Vad. You will do well in a slower Serie A.
I was going to say something similar. That vid should be compulsory viewing to all spurs fans at the start and end of each season.

For some reason this thread reminds me of the "We were so poor" sketch from Monthy Python.

Hahaha, Gary Doc and Johnnie Jackson, thank GHod, the times have changed. Two of the ****tiest players I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt, both doing as they usually did, ****ing it up. :D
Ah Johnnie Jackson.... There's a blast from the past. I can remember when he was breaking through to the first team when Pleat was in charge and the player got very upset one day when Pleaty dropped him from the first team. It got so bad that Johnnie's Mum had to go and have a meeting with David Pleat, who said:

I'm sorry Miss Jackson, I am for real....
I never meant to make your Johnnie cry
I've apologised a million times.

Thanks for that. :(

How terrible was that. Wasn't that really soon after the infamous 4-3 defeat to Emirates Marketing Project against 10 men too? We were atrocious

As an aside... didn't realise Leicester had so many ex Spurs players?! Walker, Ferdinand, Thatcher, Freund!
Yup, just 18 days prior... even King' goal scoring exploits couldn't spare our blushes back then :oops:

Will we make a blockbuster announcement of shipping out Ade, Lennon and Chiriches at the same day? Can't understand why we don't announce this one when he clearly is in Italy and ready to play for them...

Will we make a blockbuster announcement of shipping out Ade, Lennon and Chiriches at the same day? Can't understand why we don't announce this one when he clearly is in Italy and ready to play for them...
As far as I know it's traditional that the buying side gets to make the first official announcement, and it's bad form for the selling club to steal their thunder (even in cases like this where the whole world knows the transfer has happened). Maybe Napoli have a press conference scheduled for tomorrow to announce a double signing or something? Hence the delay.

Back