• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

These comments together don't add up.

If he's right footed he's not going to be good cover in the LB position. I'd have hoped we'd learned from trying to play Kyle Naughton there.

Sorry, thats my fault I misread Charlietheyids post and though he meant the guy was a CB and a LB.

Who said he's just a player with potential? Just because you know nothing about him except his age, he's an established player and the management could view him as one to come into the first team straight away. You don't know whats planned...

I'm stating my opinion. If he's in our first eleven come Crystal Palace i'll eat my hat.

if that vid is a true reflection of his ability then perhaps he's destined for the starting XI

It's quite a big fee, so I can't see us paying that for a 4th choice cb.
Maybe daws or kaboul are going?Maybe naughton with yk to cover rb.

To all those that see he isn't needed - how much do you know about him?
Could be the next maldini for all we know!

Unless someone here watches Romanian football week in week out of course

I still have a bad feeling regarding Kaboul's injury. I'm beginning to worry we could have another Ledley-style injury on our hands.
Signing another CB increases my fears

he looks unstoppabe in that vid, like a right footed Vertonghen!

Agreed, technical, good pass, good runs, shoots, very much similar to Vert.

If he can settle into the league quickly, and he plays like that consistently, I'd see him in front of Caulker/Dawson easily

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 4m

Bucharest League president Dragomir: "Deal done, player sold to Spurs." Via @Emishor. #THFC

I'm stating my opinion. If he's in our first eleven come Crystal Palace i'll eat my hat.

never said he'd be starting first game of season, I have no idea how good the guy is but you've decided he's just being bought in as 'a young player with potential'. So what's your opinion based on? If you've seen a lot of this guy I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on him, major assets/weaknesses etc?

Emanuel Roşu ‏@Emishor 2m

BREAKING: Steaua manager Reghecampf confirms #THFC's offer for Chiriches. League president Dragomir: "Deal done, player sold to Spurs"

Romanian football journo

This club:ross::ross::ross:

Takes us 1 second to sign centre mids, centre backs, wingers etc etc but a striker? nah that's impossible.

Indeed, I think only Siggy of our 7 signings last season started the first game they were available for.

If the guy starts against palace, we have serious injury issues. Its not AVB's style to throw players in the deep end immediately (see Lloris example).

A true bet would be, do you see this guy as a PL starter in October?

never said he'd be starting first game of season, I have no idea how good the guy is but you've decided he's just being bought in as 'a young player with potential'. So what's your opinion based on? If you've seen a lot of this guy I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on him, major assets/weaknesses etc?

Seen him in the Europa a number of times. Looked like an Alright defender, not amazing though. Better going forward. I'd actually prefer to see him in CM really. But we really don't need a CM.

Back