• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

Yeah lets keep conceding....

Oh but why did we finish behind the Arsenal again... Thats what you`ll be saying next season if we dont improve my little friend.

even keeping our 4 current CBs i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in another, if he's highly rated ofcourse - Kaboul has fitness concerns, Caulker has ability concerns and Vertonghen could potentially be poached if he has another fine season and we miss out on CL again- so a young player with potential at a good price wouldn't be the most outrageous signing

even keeping our 4 current CBs i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in another, if he's highly rated ofcourse - Kaboul has fitness concerns, Caulker has ability concerns and Vertonghen could potentially be poached if he has another fine season and we miss out on CL again- so a young player with potential at a good price wouldn't be the most outrageous signing

A young player with potential won't get enough games with four CB's in front of him. It'll just mean that young player doesn't improve.

[video=youtube_share;6zS_qSNPaQM]http://youtu.be/6zS_qSNPaQM[/video]

Just for the bicycle kick we should sign him

the manager of Steaua, Laurentiu Reghecampf, has just said live on tv that Spurs have indeed made an offer for Chiriches

like i said earlier, the rumour is that the deal will be completed by Monday

A young player with potential won't get enough games with four CB's in front of him. It'll just mean that young player doesn't improve.

who says there will be four in front of him?

the way i see it currently

Dawson - Kaboul
Vertongen - Caulker

i wasn't overly impressed with Caulker last season and would expect this guy to compete with him for the back up footballing CB position (that is assuming he's a footballing CB i know nothing of him, just going by a few of the posts in here)

Emanuel Roşu ‏@Emishor 2m

BREAKING: Steaua manager Reghecampf confirms #THFC's offer for Chiriches. League president Dragomir: "Deal done, player sold to Spurs"

Romanian football journo

who says there will be four in front of him?

the way i see it currently

Dawson - Kaboul
Vertongen - Caulker

i wasn't overly impressed with Caulker last season and would expect this guy to compete with him for the back up footballing CB position (that is assuming he's a footballing CB i know nothing of him, just going by a few of the posts in here)

Which would lead to two young footballers not getting enough game time. That's hardly any better.

I rate Caulker. I just think he needs a bit of experience. We complain about players not showing Loyalty, why should they if we are not going to show some sort of loyalty to our young players? How many CB's show their true worth at that age? not many.

I like the fact he can play LB. Always good to have cover LB. Not sure Vertonghen is all that happy/comfortable covering at LB

Emanuel Roşu ‏@Emishor 2m

BREAKING: Steaua manager Reghecampf confirms #THFC's offer for Chiriches. League president Dragomir: "Deal done, player sold to Spurs"

Romanian football journo

yep, Dragomir just said on tv that Chiriches is on his way to London tomorrow. 8 mill euros for a player that would normally be valued at 15-18 mill euros. Steaua only selling cheaply because their owner is in prison and the club has trouble with its finances

I like the fact he can play LB. Always good to have cover LB. Not sure Vertonghen is all that happy/comfortable covering at LB

he looks unstoppabe in that vid, like a right footed Vertonghen!

These comments together don't add up.

If he's right footed he's not going to be good cover in the LB position. I'd have hoped we'd learned from trying to play Kyle Naughton there.

It's quite a big fee, so I can't see us paying that for a 4th choice cb.
Maybe daws or kaboul are going?
Maybe naughton with yk to cover rb.

To all those that see he isn't needed - how much do you know about him?
Could be the next maldini for all we know!

Unless someone here watches Romanian football week in week out of course

People forgetting that we still have the BONG.

I think his Spurs days are numbered tbh. I know a Preston fan at work and he was far from impressed by him during his loan spell there.
Have a feeling he may be another Mabizela(sp?)

Who said he's just a player with potential? Just because you know nothing about him except his age, he's an established player and the management could view him as one to come into the first team straight away. You don't know whats planned...

He looks the dogs danglies. Dawson could learn a thing or 50 from those raking cross field passes.

Slight concerns this might mean the end for Caulker, but hope we loan him out if this guy signs.

Back