• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

right now our squad looks like:

Lloris, Friedel, Gomes
Walker, Naughton
Ekotto, Rose
Vertongen, Caulker
Kaboul, Dawson
Sandro, Parker
Dembele, Paulhino, Huddelstone
Holtby, Sigurdsson, Carroll
Bale, Townsend
Chadli, Lennon
Adebayor, Defoe, Dempsey

hopefully in the next couple of days we'll see

Soldado, Adebayor, Defoe, Dempsey

as our attacking options - so KD - why is signing a CB prospect any more ludicurous than signing a player in any other position?

5 cb's for 2 positions...3 good cb's (the last one overrated as hell but still good enough to be 4th choice). The only thing more baffling would be signing another central midfielder.

right back prospect = yep i understand being that Walker was turbo brick and Naughton is decent but could be upgraded.

left back prospect = i understand (less so then rb tbh) being that it looks like there's a chance Ekotto could be sold.

Goalie prospect = yeh i understand being that Friedel is obviously getting on.

Creative wide player = yep i understand being that Bale might be off. A proven player to replace Bale ...yep i get it.

Striker prospect = yep i understand being that our strikers don't produce. Ade has been allowed to talk to another club so yep another striker with Soldado makes sense.

yep, Dragomir just said on tv that Chiriches is on his way to London tomorrow. 8 mill euros for a player that would normally be valued at 15-18 mill euros. Steaua only selling cheaply because their owner is in prison and the club has trouble with its finances

Levy must have licked his lips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_Chiricheș

I would not get too excited over that Wiki profile but if he's half price it is a low risk deal.

I had a feeling we might be signing a CB and although it was only a friendly Caulker went down in my estimation in HK.

If these deal goes through I would rather a Caulker transfer than a Kaboul injury to be the catalyist.

KD - i don't think we need those signings anymore than we need this one - we aren't crying out for anyone in particular at this moment, hence making opportunistic signings like this.

we have a starter and cover in all positions - we only need to upgrade when the right player presents himself.

KD - i don't think we need those signings anymore than we need this one - we aren't crying out for anyone in particular at this moment, hence making opportunistic signings like this.

we have a starter and cover in all positions - we only need to upgrade when the right player presents himself.

You're right but they would make more sense then a cb that's for sure.

It's great we are arguing about an embarrassment of riches.

We had a great squad at the end of last season and we are improving it.

depends how good this guy is/potentially is - tbf

i don't think this is a deal that we have thought "right we need a 5th CB who can we get..." - it's more likely (imo) that Baldini was already aware of him and was informed by a contact that he was available at a good price and we thought "yeah that's a good deal, he's an upgrade on '???' let's bring him in"

Remember, during the South China game the commentator said something like

"Kaboul is coming back from a very nasty injury, he damaged his XXX which is the same thing that knackered Owen Hargreaves... it wasn't a straightforward ACL which is much easier to come back from"

I can't remember what XXX was, some other acronym.

I don't see the problem with this deal.. the cost is about the amount we would pay for a CB from a championship side.

Saw this:

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS
I notice talk of a bid of £7.5m being accepted for Caulker (from Cardiff City). Would be sorry to see him go, first saw him at 16 years old.

I just wanted to say quoting sources is very good practice..so well done.

So that's it Soldado? we're looking to shift Ade and will replace him with the Spanish Defoe whilst keeping Defoe? and the plan B option is Clint Dempey?

roll on Palace away:frown:

Yep my thoughts are we need to get rid of ade and bring in two strikers, the were some rumours online earlier about an african striker playing in holland his team got relegated and he is only young, i have never seen him play but if we went after him i would think the scouts were at least doing their jobs.

Perhaps this is Baldini's influence? Maybe that's why it's gone under the ITK radar?

Doesn't matter if we supposedly have enough options at CB - FB has identified someone who will improve us or make us money. We don't need to wait until we need someone in a particular position - football is money - being ahead of the competition is what it's all about.

We do the same brick all the time and it hardly ever works. Scattergun approach where we develop hardons for any half decent player regardless of where he plays. No structured plan where we actually go with a plan and stick to it.

We're more then happy to take risks on these random players from random leagues in every position bar striker. We never take these risks upfront (except Pav but that's because we got overexcited about his Euros performance). We pretend we're working hard to find one but fudge all happens.

I think that our transfer policy has looked anything but scatter gun this summer. We have looked to strengthen the areas where we are weakest and bring in players to allow our manager to play his preferred formation.

If a good upgrade on our current players becomes available at the right price, then of course we should sign them.

This club:ross::ross::ross:

Takes us 1 second to sign centre mids, centre backs, wingers etc etc but a striker? nah that's impossible.

That's because they're more expensive and we prefer signing players in the £7m - £15m bracket

Looks excellent from the youtube clips. Not sure that a CB is a priority but decent players always welcome. If we get him for £7m and he plays like those clips suggest then he'll be a bargain

Perhaps this is Baldini's influence? Maybe that's why it's gone under the ITK radar?

Doesn't matter if we supposedly have enough options at CB - FB has identified someone who will improve us or make us money. We don't need to wait until we need someone in a particular position - football is money - being ahead of the competition is what it's all about.

Roma have been after him for a year, whilst Baldini was there.....theyve signed the Croat lad Jedvaj now though

he is on 120k euro per year at Steaua....Spurs have offered 700k euro per year. This is from an agent close to the deal, and has been confirmed by the the league president Mr Dragomir

Back