• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

This club:ross::ross::ross:

Takes us 1 second to sign centre mids, centre backs, wingers etc etc but a striker? nah that's impossible.

I know the feeling, but Strikers cost the most, have the highest profile and we have 3 decent ones already, a step up on JD/Ade is a bit tougher than a step up on Livermore/Hudd/Parker

Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker isn't enough cb's? i mean we can't just fudging focus on getting a striker or 2 in? we need to sign random players in positions we don't even need strengthening rather then actually focus on positions we need?

I know the feeling, but Strikers cost the most, have the highest profile and we have 3 decent ones already, a step up on JD/Ade is a bit tougher than a step up on Livermore/Hudd/Parker

hmmmm

You forgot Dembele, Sandro, Sigurdsson and Holtby?

Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker isn't enough cb's? i mean we can't just fudging focus on getting a striker or 2 in? we need to sign random players in positions we don't even need strengthening rather then actually focus on positions we need?

i think we have all our first team signings sorted (Soldado is clearly being worked on at the very least) and now it's just taking good opportunities that present themselves

sounds like Barcelona regarding their defence/goalkeeper.

Always strengthening attack/midfield when it's not needed.

i think we have all our first team signings sorted (Soldado is clearly being worked on at the very least) and now it's just taking good opportunities that present themselves

you don't think these good opportunities are best served in either full back positions? or a back up young striker? or another creative wide player.

I think everyone should look at the Lloris example for why we look at players in areas we seem to have covered.

If the right player, at the price that could improve the team comes along, why say no?

I think everyone should look at the Lloris example for why we look at players in areas we seem to have covered.

If the right player, at the price that could improve the team comes along, why say no?

Lloris is a horrible example.

He was clearly in an area we did need.

Holtby would be a better example.

Last edited:
Seen him in the Europa a number of times. Looked like an Alright defender, not amazing though. Better going forward. I'd actually prefer to see him in CM really. But we really don't need a CM.

Great, thanks. I guess AVB really likes his defenders to be good footballers....

We do the same brick all the time and it hardly ever works. Scattergun approach where we develop hardons for any half decent player regardless of where he plays. No structured plan where we actually go with a plan and stick to it.

We're more then happy to take risks on these random players from random leagues in every position bar striker. We never take these risks upfront (except Pav but that's because we got overexcited about his Euros performance). We pretend we're working hard to find one but fudge all happens.

you don't think these good opportunities are best served in either full back positions? or a back up young striker? or another creative wide player.

well it all depends really - if this guy is highly rated (potential first choice CB for title challenging side for example) and it has come about that we can get him at a knock down price because of SB's financial/owner in jail situation then i think it would be silly to pass it up.

We do the same brick all the time and it hardly ever works. Scattergun approach where we develop hardons for any half decent player regardless of where he plays. No structured plan where we actually go with a plan and stick to it.

We're more then happy to take risks on these random players from random leagues in every position bar striker. We never take these risks upfront (except Pav but that's because we got overexcited about his Euros performance). We pretend we're working hard to find one but fudge all happens.

Either that or Soldado already is done and we don't need to look any more.

Either that or Soldado already is done and we don't need to look any more.

So that's it Soldado? we're looking to shift Ade and will replace him with the Spanish Defoe whilst keeping Defoe? and the plan B option is Clint Dempey?

roll on Palace away:frown:

Hopefully Vertonghen makes the palace game so we can go with a 7-3 formation.

---------------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------------------

Walker-------Dawson---------Kaboul---- Caulker---Vertonghen----------Chiriches------------ekotto

---------------------------------------Sandro----Dembele------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Paulinho-----------------------------------------------

perhaps we aren't selling Ade? perhaps we have something lined up? perhaps we're looking at options? perhaps it would be silly to bring in a replacement for Ade whilst there is still a chance that he might not leave?

and so on

gotta love glory glory sometimes - sign what looks like an exciting prospect and everyone's miserable.

starting to think you guys love misery more than excitment

Gotta love this;

http://daswunderkind.net/the-most-stylish-defender-in-europe-vlad-chiriches/

Miodrag Belodedici was one of the most elegant defenders of the last 40 years. His heir at the heart of the Romania and Steaua Bucharest defence is Vlad Chiriches. Smooth, unhurried and every bit as elegant with the ball at his feet as his exalted ancestor, Chiriches is rumoured to be on the move this summer. He is also a Liverpool fan. Could he be the next Jamie Carragher?

:ross:

right now our squad looks like:

Lloris, Friedel, Gomes
Walker, Naughton
Ekotto, Rose
Vertongen, Caulker
Kaboul, Dawson
Sandro, Parker
Dembele, Paulhino, Huddelstone
Holtby, Sigurdsson, Carroll
Bale, Townsend
Chadli, Lennon
Adebayor, Defoe, Dempsey

hopefully in the next couple of days we'll see

Soldado, Adebayor, Defoe, Dempsey

as our attacking options - so KD - why is signing a CB prospect at this time so ludicrous to you when we seem to be just as evenly stocked in every other position?

You said a right footer shouldn't be looked at to play left back because of naughton... whether Vlad is or not (capable at LB), Maldini was a right footer who also happened to be the worlds best left back for 2+ decades...

Back