• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Lineker is a clown.
VJ had a better game than harry yesterday, but a Harry got a tap in and a pen.
Not saying VJ is better than harry but it's way to early to write off a striker especially one playing in front of our misfiring midfield.

VJ didnt have a better game than Harry. Harry scored two goals. VJ didnt score and gave away a penalty. I dont see VJ improving. If he does, I will change my avatar to his picture. Has he even scored a goal from open play yet in the league?

I love Erikson but for whatever reason he hasn't been up to speed. As I also said could play only one of dier/wanyama for Deli and Lamela is injured. I'm not suggesting we do change our formation, however by playing 2 strikers we are doing just that and for that to work we have to have pace up front to give some freedom to the two strikers and space as they don't have the speed to scare defenders allowing them to compress the space between defence and midfield and play a higher line. I cant be the only one who sees that surely?

Son is the only one currently who can penetrate behind a defence so surely must play alongside Janssen and Kane when we play the two.

Someone must still link the midfield and attack. As bad as Christian is, he still links those two areas up.

It's debatable who had tge better game between Harry and VJ, since I'll give you that.
But to slate VJ then defend eriksen is beyond belief.
You know what yes he gave away a pen, at least he was there, who reacted quickest to try and block the goal, VJ. Those two contributions, unsuccessful as they were, was still more than Eriksen done in 90mins.

VJ didnt have a better game than Harry. Harry scored two goals. VJ didnt score and gave away a penalty. I dont see VJ improving. If he does, I will change my avatar to his picture. Has he even scored a goal from open play yet in the league?
It's about time you had a picture of a yid!

Anyway, I still say give VJ time. We didn't buy him just because he is strong and works hard, we bought him because he smashed in a load of goals in Holland at what, 22 years old?

I expect this has been posted before. Some decent goals in there: 4, 7, 10, 13, 18 ... although a few of them do appear to owe a bit to some generous defending, shall we say? Not an awful lot of that going spare in this league.

As with all players its easy to make comparisons. So I've made a few, which I think are relevant for various reasons.

I mentioned Connor Wikham a few weeks back and asked if he was any different to Jansen. Since then young (23 years old) Connor has bagged 2 in 2 from open play.

I watched Soloman Rondon last night, another who I consider plays the game in a similar way to Jansen. Held the ball up very well, and also showed pace and drive (lacking somewhat in VJ) and got his goal. Thats 4 for the season. Looks a threat in a weakish team.

Oh and a lad at Sunderland - name escapes me. Seems as though he's playing better than ever - certainly better than VJ. Totally different player but does what hes paid to do.

I guess my point is what have we seen so far from VJ that suggests hes going to be any better than this little lot? Two that play the game the same way and one that was surplus to requirements long ago at our club.

You need a certain sharpness in the PL, and I'm not sure VJ has it.

I wonder if we ended up with VJ as he agreed to come in as 2nd string, as most top class strikers would have shied away from us as they knew Harry was auto first choice.

Not even on the bench today, no game midweek,no excuses, beginning of the end for Soldado 2.0, thank GHod for that.

As with all players its easy to make comparisons. So I've made a few, which I think are relevant for various reasons.

I mentioned Connor Wikham a few weeks back and asked if he was any different to Jansen. Since then young (23 years old) Connor has bagged 2 in 2 from open play.

I watched Soloman Rondon last night, another who I consider plays the game in a similar way to Jansen. Held the ball up very well, and also showed pace and drive (lacking somewhat in VJ) and got his goal. Thats 4 for the season. Looks a threat in a weakish team.

Oh and a lad at Sunderland - name escapes me. Seems as though he's playing better than ever - certainly better than VJ. Totally different player but does what hes paid to do.

I guess my point is what have we seen so far from VJ that suggests hes going to be any better than this little lot? Two that play the game the same way and one that was surplus to requirements long ago at our club.

You need a certain sharpness in the PL, and I'm not sure VJ has it.

I wonder if we ended up with VJ as he agreed to come in as 2nd string, as most top class strikers would have shied away from us as they knew Harry was auto first choice.
How many seasons do Wickham and Rondon have under their belt? And how many does Defoe have? And you're comparing Vinny with 1/3 of a season to them?

I guess my point is what have we seen so far from VJ that suggests hes going to be any better than this little lot?
Two that play the game the same way and one that was surplus to requirements long ago at our club.

As much as I saw from Lamela during his first season at Spurs, it would be foolhardy to right the kid off just yet

Maybe you are too young to remember Bergkamp's first 6 months at the Goons,

As much as I saw from Lamela during his first season at Spurs, it would be foolhardy to right the kid off just yet

Maybe you are too young to remember Bergkamp's first 6 months at the Goons,
Must say I saw some good things from Lamella in his first season, he just wasn't consistent or influential enough in games. That being said I have seen a lot in Jansens time here to be encouraged by, obviously his goal ratio needs to improve. But coaching and time will help this kid, a new country and level of football he is playing at. Give him and the rest of the newbies some time for gods sake....

Not even on the bench today, no game midweek,no excuses, beginning of the end for Soldado 2.0, thank GHod for that.

Regardless what you think about Janssen, there is no reason, whatsoever, to get rid of him right know.

Now you know better then to let facts get in the way of a bitch about certain players;)

I'm sure you'll remember a lot of fans thought Big Chiv was a waste of money when we first got him and it wasn't until he came back from a injury in his second season he really was the best striker in europe. But I want and I want it now fans don't have this problem on "Football Manager"

I'm sure you'll remember a lot of fans thought Big Chiv was a waste of money when we first got him and it wasn't until he came back from a injury in his second season he really was the best striker in europe. But I want and I want it now fans don't have this problem on "Football Manager"

You are spot on, the one that sticks in my mind was Gilly, i was sat behind some guy when he made his debue ( i think it
was against Everton) and the first couple of times Gilly flicked the ball into space ( which as you know he was brilliant at doing) this geezer started to shout he can not even head a ball to his own men. Even after the liked of Jimmy and Chiv caught onto what he was doing he as still bellowing the same crap.

You are spot on, the one that sticks in my mind was Gilly, i was sat behind some guy when he made his debue ( i think it
was against Everton) and the first couple of times Gilly flicked the ball into space ( which as you know he was brilliant at doing) this geezer started to shout he can not even head a ball to his own men. Even after the liked of Jimmy and Chiv caught onto what he was doing he as still bellowing the same crap.
Some fans just don't know anything about football but like to sound like they do. Most of the people on this board for instance.
(I'm kidding)

Back