• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

They will be very, very competitive IMHO...

I think they're where we were under Harry the year we qualified for the CL. Teams attacked them and left space this season - they won't do that again next season. Liverpool will have to learn to play without playing on the break - we've struggled a little for two seasons with it, can't see why Liverpool will find it any easier.

I think they're where we were under Harry the year we qualified for the CL. Teams attacked them and left space this season - they won't do that again next season. Liverpool will have to learn to play without playing on the break - we've struggled a little for two seasons with it, can't see why Liverpool will find it any easier.

I agree it won't be for strength of squad more than the brilliance of Coutinho...I wonder, too, if Sterling is a busted flush or a re-charged youth? I do think Coutinho is excellent though...

I agree it won't be for strength of squad more than the brilliance of Coutinho...I wonder, too, if Sterling is a busted flush or a re-charged youth? I do think Coutinho is excellent though...

Cheeky bid? Chance to play at a club that isn't a joke.... Chance to live in London rather than that cesspit.

Cheeky bid? Chance to play at a club that isn't a joke.... Chance to live in London rather than that cesspit.

I once thought Liverpool was a cesspit, come up and I'll show you a good time (not in a chich way), it really is a fantastic city to live in. Although that is the view of a student, it would probably be different if I was wanting to raise a family here...

I disagree. Their results have been better by far against the lower half of the table, equaling Chelsea's ppg, ahead of us (though not by much) and not far behind Arsenal. These are the teams that are more likely to sit back and play deep against teams like ourselves and Liverpool.

From watching some of their games I think that they are considerably better than us both at keeping the ball and at breaking down stubborn teams that sit back.

Liverpool Union ‏@LiverpoolUnion 1h
I'd rather have Yaya on a free transfer than pay £12million for Alonso, outstanding business by Rodgers #LFC

I disagree. Their results have been better by far against the lower half of the table, equaling Chelsea's ppg, ahead of us (though not by much) and not far behind Arsenal. These are the teams that are more likely to sit back and play deep against teams like ourselves and Liverpool.

From watching some of their games I think that they are considerably better than us both at keeping the ball and at breaking down stubborn teams that sit back.

I'd like there to be more discussion on these points. Ta

Alonso £12 million > Kolo Toure free

Alonso will have ZERO re-sale value and plays in a position that for a 31/32 yo who would have not played in the PL for a number of years could leave the team very exposed. More importantly that 12M could be spent on more priority areas, such as a left-winger who is actually good.

Alonso will have ZERO re-sale value and plays in a position that for a 31/32 yo who would have not played in the PL for a number of years could leave the team very exposed. More importantly that 12M could be spent on more priority areas, such as a left-winger who is actually good.

Xabi Alonso was one of the best players and one of the first names on the team sheet when Real won the league last season. He's been among their better players this season too although they obviously didn't win the league they did get to the CL semi-final. He was also a key player in Spain's Euro 2012 win last summer. He has PL experience, never relied on pace anyway and is a fantastic footballer.

Re-sale value schme-sale value I say.

But Alonso is a good player and would contribute immensely to this Liverpool side. Maybe not £12 million worth, but that is offset by Kolo Toure being a complete liability. The wages they're paying him should be more than enough to cover a fee AND wages for a younger, less known player, that is equally as good.

At 31/32 there is no guarentee that Alonso can recapture his Madrid or his old Liverpool form after 4 years in La Liga (which is better technically but not as physically arduous as the PL). Just look at how Goetze and Dortmund were able to easily nullify him weeks ago.

Put it this way: would any of you be happy if we paid 12m for him? After all we need a Modric replacement don't we?

At 31/32 there is no guarentee that Alonso can recapture his Madrid or his old Liverpool form after 4 years in La Liga (which is better technically but not as physically arduous as the PL). Just look at how Goetze and Dortmund were able to nulligy weeks ago.

Put it this way: would any of you be happy if we paid 12m for him? After all we need a Modric replacement don't we?

I would be delighted if we did.

Remember, transfer fees are only part of these deals. I haven't seen any wages posted for Kolo Toure, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's on £60-70k p/w. That's £6m+ over two years. Add sign-on fees/loyalty bonuses, agent fees etc, especially high since he's on a free transfer probably. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up costing Liverpool close to £10m over two years. Even less re-sale value than Alonso.

Yes, Alonso would cost well over twice that (if not three times as much) with wages and his transfer fee, but he's a lot better than Kolo Toure as well so it's still a much better deal in my mind.

Back