• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I'm guessing some of you aren't realising that the guy thought they got Yaya on a free...

they got Kolo.

Xabi Alonso was one of the best players and one of the first names on the team sheet when Real won the league last season. He's been among their better players this season too although they obviously didn't win the league they did get to the CL semi-final. He was also a key player in Spain's Euro 2012 win last summer. He has PL experience, never relied on pace anyway and is a fantastic footballer.

Re-sale value schme-sale value I say.

This season Alonso has been very poor.

I'm guessing some of you aren't realising that the guy thought they got Yaya on a free...

they got Kolo.

Lol, I know thy got Kolo and not Yaya. I'm saying that Alonso at 12M would be way too expensive at his age.
Kolo is not the player he was but as a free transfer, even with the wages, is a better deal if that frees up money to be spent elsewhere, such as their left-wing. They need CBs and having an experienced one like Kolo Toure can help them for ghe short term.

I mean why aren't we going for Alonso if he can still cut it in the PL?

Signing Kolo doesn't really free up any money, it takes a large chunk of your wage budget. He'll probably be on something similar to what Carragher was, but any free transfer requires a decent sign on-fee.

Lol, I know thy got Kolo and not Yaya. I'm saying that Alonso at 12M would be way too expensive at his age.
Kolo is not the player he was but as a free transfer, even with the wages, is a better deal if that frees up money to be spent elsewhere, such as their left-wing. They need CBs and having an experienced one like Kolo Toure can help them for ghe short term.

I mean why aren't we going for Alonso if he can still cut it in the PL?

It'd be a lot for someone of his age with 1 year left on his contract. I still think he's an outstanding footballer though. I heard Chelsea are looking at him

Signing Kolo doesn't really free up any money, it takes a large chunk of your wage budget. He'll probably be on something similar to what Carragher was, but any free transfer requires a decent sign on-fee.

LFC's wage budget is already ridiculous anyway. However, it'll be unknown what he'll be on. What will be known is the transfer fee, and it's not like Alonso will be getting paid peanuts either

LFC's wage budget is already ridiculous anyway. However, it'll be unknown what he'll be on. What will be known is the transfer fee, and it's not like Alonso will be getting paid peanuts either

I still think, even at his age, that Alonso for £12 million would offer more value for money than Kolo Toure.

Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas was suspended for four games for head-butting defender Carlos Marchena during a 3-1 loss at Deportivo La Coruna in March. In other words: A perfect replacement for Suarez.

I still think, even at his age, that Alonso for £12 million would offer more value for money than Kolo Toure.

:lol:

Yeah Toure is not exacly a brilliant signing for them, a good one but by no means a steal. Certainly an upgrade on Carragher, although that isn't saying much. At least he is decent on the ball.

Unless Liverpool keep Suarez/ make 3 or 4 top signings over the summer I think we will finish above them again next year, although I think they will be a much bigger threat either way.

If we signed Alonso I would be over the moon. Perhaps not for £12m though!!

He's officially Wantaway Luis Suarez.

Telly, Daily Mail, others all quoting his interview with Uruguayan TV saying he wants out of Liverpool. Tired of being hammered by the media, hounded constantly by paparazzi.

bless his cotton socks, you have to feel sorry for him, he's not done anything to bring on this media interest has he

He's officially Wantaway Luis Suarez.

Telly, Daily Mail, others all quoting his interview with Uruguayan TV saying he wants out of Liverpool. Tired of being hammered by the media, hounded constantly by paparazzi.

He has certainly absorbed the scouse victim way of life. All the medias fault and the Liverpool fans all agree with him. If you don't behave like a to**er then you won't get treated like one, why is that so difficult to understand?

Back