• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Re: O/T Mark Halsey

What the fudge are Liverpool moaning about? Halsey got the Shelvey sending off spot on. He wrapped his left leg around Evans for good measure! Liverpool fans at work had the nerve to say Evans should have gone and Shelvey didn't deserve the red!! The penalty was correct too. Maybe you could argue it was soft but I've seen worse decisions.
:~

I mean really?

A3evtewCQAALm_Y.jpg

Seriously?!?! Why not take the screen shot a few seconds before when they were both flying in with two feet? They both deserved a red. Don't make out Shelvey was hard done by. It was Evans that got away with it.

to be serious, that red card was a split second decision. Both raised their booths, maybe he was more focused on Shelvey since he did not have the ball.

The penalty decision was right

Liverpool need to go on, this is being blown out of the water just because it was United

Gave us a pen in the CC final and blew for full time just as Chelsea were shooting.

What's not to like?

He didn't want to give us that. The lino gave it not him.

Anyone who has that full match have a look at Halsey when terry goes up to him to question the pen. He shrugs his shoulders then looks at the linesman's direction as if to say "he gave the pen and i don't know why".

I mean really?

A3evtewCQAALm_Y.jpg

Both are lunging in dangerously. Evans had both feet off the ground. Move Shelvey's right foot slightly forward and he catches the studs on Evans' right foot, move it back and he gets the left. Slightly different timing would have reversed who fouled who. Both were reckless so both should have been sent off for dangerous play, although such a double sending off would be unusual.

Both are lunging in dangerously. Evans had both feet off the ground. Move Shelvey's right foot slightly forward and he catches the studs on Evans' right foot, move it back and he gets the left. Slightly different timing would have reversed who fouled who. Both were reckless so both should have been sent off for dangerous play, although such a double sending off would be unusual.

What you don't see from a still photo is how much force or momentum the players are going in with.

From what I could see Shelvey went in with a lot more force into his tackle than Evans did. That's the difference for me.

What you don't see from a still photo is how much force or momentum the players are going in with.

From what I could see Shelvey went in with a lot more force into his tackle than Evans did. That's the difference for me.

Fair enough, he deserved the red more. I don't think anyone can question that Shelvey deserved his red. But with the new interpretations for eliminating dangerous tackles, both have to be red card offences. Evans shouldn't get a reprieve because Shelvey's was worse. The Kompany red last January when he made a clean tackle is an example of a red for a less dangerous lunge than Evans' yesterday.

I thought Evans should have been booked for showing his studs, but that's a straight red for Shelvey no question, he was airborne at speed, Evans had much more control of his body. Shelvey's lunge was wild, look how far away from the ball his leading leg is, also you can't tell from the pic but he rakes his studs all the way up in the inside of Evan's leg, it was nasty and intentional.

RVP did show his studs but he'd played the ball about 20 minutes before he got anywhere near the Liverpool player, not even a free kick for me.

As for the pen, well he clatters into Valencia from behind just as he is bringing his leg back to shoot, pretty stonewall.

Lastly, those twitter comments are a disgrace, on a day when they expect the world to show them respect they abuse someone for being racially abused and wish cancer on someone else, stay classy Liverpool.

I'm sorry but this is simply sky sports spoon-fed brainwashed bias screening as your opinion.. Utterly ridiculous if you think he officiated well.

If that was spurs getting fudged over against UTD (again) I'm sure your opinion would be very different.

I would have hated those decisions as a Spurs fan, but that's because when Spurs play I see all events through the "Spurs lens" that somewhat clouds ordinary decision making.

As a neutral I can quite happily say that he got everything major right. Evans probably should have had a yellow but his knees weren't locked, he didn't go in with excessive force and he was on the ground at the point of contact. The pikey was off the ground, went in with enough force to really hurt a player and looked to direct his studs at Evans's shin at the last moment. I would have given Evans a yellow, but the red was right.

As for the penalties, watch Suarez at full speed, it's ridiculous. He should have been booked for that as it was disgusting - maybe there was contact, but if you throw yourself to the ground like that then you should expect the referee to call a dive. For Valencia's one, just look at Johnson's reaction and it will tell you everything you need to know. Johnson knew when he made that tackle it was either a great one or a penalty - coming from that angle there's no other possibility. He know's it's a pen the moment he doesn't get the ball.

Fair enough, he deserved the red more. I don't think anyone can question that Shelvey deserved his red. But with the new interpretations for eliminating dangerous tackles, both have to be red card offences. Evans shouldn't get a reprieve because Shelvey's was worse. The Kompany red last January when he made a clean tackle is an example of a red for a less dangerous lunge than Evans' yesterday.

I agree that he shouldn't get a reprieve because Shelvey's was worse. I just don't think his tackle was that dangerous. I also agree that the Kompany red card last January wasn't bad enough to warrant a red card if we are talking about the same situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxYa603O8c

It looks like the impact of Shelvey's right foot on the ball (with the force of Evans foot behind it) changes the direction of Shelveys challenge. They both lunged into the challenge, they both kind of made contact with the ball. It's a tough one for the ref but if he has the benefit of the replay then a yellow each is the sensible decision IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxYa603O8c

It looks like the impact of Shelvey's right foot on the ball (with the force of Evans foot behind it) changes the direction of Shelveys challenge. They both lunged into the challenge, they both kind of made contact with the ball. It's a tough one for the ref but if he has the benefit of the replay then a yellow each is the sensible decision IMO.

You can see from that how Shelvey is coming in with quite a bit more force.

You can also see Evans coming in with the side of his (right) foot and his knee bent. It's not a great tackle and a yellow for him would have been alright I suppose, but it's not as bad as Shelvey's and didn't warrant a sending off in my opinion.

As a neutral I can quite happily say that he got everything major right. Evans probably should have had a yellow but his knees weren't locked, he didn't go in with excessive force and he was on the ground at the point of contact. The pikey was off the ground, went in with enough force to really hurt a player and looked to direct his studs at Evans's shin at the last moment. I would have given Evans a yellow, but the red was right.

:lol:

I think that it's a 60/40 challenge in Evans favour, he is always going to get there first and as a result he is unlikely to cause Shelvey any injury. Shelvey is going in with more force than Evans and is never getting to the ball first which means it's always going to end up a dangerous tackle and with todays rules a red card.

Both were a strong challenge for the ball IMO. Football is for pansies now.. just get on with the game.

By far the worst challenge this weekend was on the Stoke qunt by Luiz.. should be an FA charge IMO as not even a frickin yellow.

This thread proves that you can't have too much of a go at Halsey. Lots of differ opinions having seen it many times and even a still. The ref has one look in a frenetic environment.

I like Halsey, very good referee who tries even in today's environment of assessors and all seeing eyes, to referee a fixture as you would ahve seen maybe 15-20 years ago. He has a laugh with the players and doesn't think he is the centre of attention. He did have a bit of a mare for us against West Brom in august I thought but generally I have enjoyed games he has reffed.

Shelvey was definitely deserving of the red, his challenge on Giggs just prior to the Evans challenge was clumsy and a bit over exuberant so to go wading into the next challenge like he did gave the referee a decision to make.

Evans being deserving of a red card is a seperate issue. The facts are Shelvey left the ground so by letter of the law he was out of control, he was reckless in his attempt to win the challenge and by almost scissoring his left leg round and connecting well above the ball with his right leg he was actually guilty of serious foul play on at least 2 counts. That is a straight red in anyone's language.

That said, Jonny Evans can consider himself probably a little fortunate to escape a Red card despite looking at the ball. What saved him probably was the fact that he was virtually on the ground at the time of the tackle with only one foot making impact on the ball.

The penalty to my mind was weak, pretty much really a dive from Valencia but from the angle that Halsey would have seen it you cannot blame him for giving the penalty. The linesman would have been kidded slightly by the touch from Johnson as well although he would have been more able to actually see Valencia falling before contact is made. The referee needs help on these occasions from the linesman but as much from the players who need stop going down at the slightest of touches at every given opportunity but that is obviously an entirely different argument.

Back