• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Re: O/T Mark Halsey

I thought Evans should have been booked for showing his studs, but that's a straight red for Shelvey no question, he was airborne at speed, Evans had much more control of his body. Shelvey's lunge was wild, look how far away from the ball his leading leg is, also you can't tell from the pic but he rakes his studs all the way up in the inside of Evan's leg, it was nasty and intentional.

RVP did show his studs but he'd played the ball about 20 minutes before he got anywhere near the Liverpool player, not even a free kick for me.

As for the pen, well he clatters into Valencia from behind just as he is bringing his leg back to shoot, pretty stonewall.

Lastly, those twitter comments are a disgrace, on a day when they expect the world to show them respect they abuse someone for being racially abused and wish cancer on someone else, stay classy Liverpool.

You cannot go into any tackle that is head on without showing your studs. I don't understand why people use that as an argument to say a tackle is dangerous. Studs being up is not dangerous, it is the execution of the tackle that makes it dangerous. A foot flat on the floor with studs showing is a textbook challenge. Otherwise a slide tackle will have to made using the point of your toe which is completely unrealistic and un-natural or a rule where head on tackling is outlawed and only slide tackles from the side as players run where the foot is hooked round on the ball will be allowed.

Saw this 2012 table earlier of results since January 1st, absolutely crazy! Liverpoo really are in brown stuff

TeamPWDLPts
1. Man United24182456
2. Emirates Marketing Project25165453
3. Everton26129545
4. Arsenal24127543
5. Chelsea24127543
6. Saudi Sportswashing Machine24134743
7. Fulham24132941
8. Tottenham25108738
9. West Brom251051035
10. Swansea241041034
11. Wigan24951032
12. Sun'land24710731
13. Norwich24771028
14. Stoke24411923
15. QPR24641422
16. Liverpool24551420
17. Aston Villa243101119
18. West Ham*52218
19. So'ton*51043
20. Reading*40131

I really wish United and Liverpool would BOTH put a stop to the chanting we heard at yesterday's game.

I wish even more that both sets of fans would stop with this whole "well they started it" line, what are they 10 years old?!

The Shelvey/Evans decision works both ways. Evans got the ball, Shelvey got the man. If Shelvey had got the ball and Evans didn't, I would not be surprised at all if it was Evans who was shown red. It doesn't bother me though, if Evans got a red he might of missed our game on Saturday although I imagine he will anyway and they'll bring Vidic back to the line up ( definitely a shame we wont have Adebayor ).

Shelvey red means it gets worse for Liverpool and well, a nice relegation battle with Norwich at the weekend.

you can go in with your laces to the ball

A sliding tackle can obviously be executed in a number of ways but generally if a ball breaks between two players, both will slide in with one leg outstretched, the foot in a position natural to the leg being extended, which is with the rear of the leg flat to the floor and the sole of the foot with studs going for full contact with the ball. Your toes can be pointing to the sky or your leg/ankle can be slightly rotated so your instep/outstep is in contact with the floor but either way your studs will be showing first.

That is just a natural way of sliding in. As long as the leg is fully extended and locked so no stamping action occurs and your not going over the ball it is a clean, fair and well made challenge. It is being off the floor and out of control with studs showing or directly intending the tackling leg to make contact over the top of the ball that makes it a dangerous tackle.

Really amazed that Liverpool fans have tweeted Halsey saying he should have died from cancer, even if it is just a few random wierdo's. Given the background to yesterday's game and all the talk around death you would expect even idiots to think twice before saying something like that considering the impact of death on their club.

I guess there really is no limit to some people's stupidity and idiocy.

you are of course completely correct, the term stud's up has come into football parlance as meaning high and dangerous, which was my point

in the same post I did also comment on a tackle by RVP where his studs were showing but that I considered not even a free kick

my opinion of the shelvey tackle is that he didn't slide in, he jumped in, and fully deserved his marching orders (by which i actually mean a red card, not that he had recieved orders from a superior officer to march somewhere)

*sorry, i'm in a cnuty mood today - mondays*

you are of course completely correct, the term stud's up has come into football parlance as meaning high and dangerous, which was my point

in the same post I did also comment on a tackle by RVP where his studs were showing but that I considered not even a free kick

my opinion of the shelvey tackle is that he didn't slide in, he jumped in, and fully deserved his marching orders (by which i actually mean a red card, not that he had recieved orders from a superior officer to march somewhere)

*sorry, i'm in a cnuty mood today - mondays*

We are both on the same page. Shelvey did deserve his Red, I don't really know how anyone could really argue the point.

I apologise in that I saw your studs up comment and only really scanned the rest - I saw the studs up comment and I think because I had a row with a ref about it on Saturday it was an easy point to pick up on as it was in my recent memory.

I'm not saying that this is what happened, but who's to say some very bitter Utd fans didn't scrap up a few fake twitters and send a few comments on Liverpool's behalf? It really isn't beyond some football fans to go this far to give bricky tabloids a half arsed story that let's those who love to be offended indulge themselves.

I wouldn't bother getting worked up by anything that is said on twitter, even more so when it's something football related.

Whilst that is a possibility, i'd assume it would be relatively easy to check, you could just look at the age of the account and the previous activity.

'Being Liverpool' that documentary is just about to start on Channel 5, will interesting to see how they spin it considering they were making it at the back end of last season

A sliding tackle can obviously be executed in a number of ways but generally if a ball breaks between two players, both will slide in with one leg outstretched, the foot in a position natural to the leg being extended, which is with the rear of the leg flat to the floor and the sole of the foot with studs going for full contact with the ball. Your toes can be pointing to the sky or your leg/ankle can be slightly rotated so your instep/outstep is in contact with the floor but either way your studs will be showing first.

That is just a natural way of sliding in. As long as the leg is fully extended and locked so no stamping action occurs and your not going over the ball it is a clean, fair and well made challenge. It is being off the floor and out of control with studs showing or directly intending the tackling leg to make contact over the top of the ball that makes it a dangerous tackle.

That is one of the things that makes a tackle dangerous in my opinion. If the leg is extended/locked then there is no "spring" so to say to absorb the collision, all the energy from the momentum of the player sliding in is going into the point where he hits the opponent. Especially if the studs are showing, studs showing isn't really a problem because of the studs (although it's a nasty side-effect), again showing the studs locks the ankle meaning that there's nothing there to cushion the impact.

Imagine standing on a chair thinking about jumping down to the floor. But landing with your leg fully extended and ankle locked, just the thought of it makes my knees hurt, cause all the momentum of the impact is heading towards that knee. If you just bend your leg and extend your ankle it's no problem though. Same with a tackle.

That is one of the things that makes a tackle dangerous in my opinion. If the leg is extended/locked then there is no "spring" so to say to absorb the collision, all the energy from the momentum of the player sliding in is going into the point where he hits the opponent. Especially if the studs are showing, studs showing isn't really a problem because of the studs (although it's a nasty side-effect), again showing the studs locks the ankle meaning that there's nothing there to cushion the impact.

Imagine standing on a chair thinking about jumping down to the floor. But landing with your leg fully extended and ankle locked, just the thought of it makes my knees hurt, cause all the momentum of the impact is heading towards that knee. If you just bend your leg and extend your ankle it's no problem though. Same with a tackle.

To be honest I would say having a leg flexed and then straightened mid way through a tackle is more dangerous because your are generating follow through mid flight.

To be honest I would say having a leg flexed and then straightened mid way through a tackle is more dangerous because your are generating follow through mid flight.

Perhaps, you're still hitting the player with a straight leg though, that for me is the main problem.

The tackle Hudd got sent off for was perfect for me, managed to not come sliding in with his leg straight. I thought that was one of the reasons the red was rescinded, but that's just speculation on my part of course.

It's a repeat from Friday evening - basically all about the new manager, that's it (oh, and a game of monopoly)

Quite dissapointing really, was hoping it'd be more like the QPR one, but that would have been wishful thinking. Just feel liked an 'advert' for LFC for the Americans

Quite dissapointing really, was hoping it'd be more like the QPR one, but that would have been wishful thinking. Just feel liked an 'advert' for LFC for the Americans

i've not seen it, but I did watch a lot of US tv on sunday afternoon and fox were trailing it all over the place with moody and dramatic 30 second ads, so I think thats exactly what it was

i really hope all the US based liverpool fans hung around to watch the replay of the united game which was being pushed heavily during the NFL as well

Back