• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

:D

Yeah i guess it is a natural discussion point. But some people really do seem to have forgotten how crud VDV was near the end and add it to the "AVB list of hate"(not necessarily pointing to you on this).

But hey-ho. VDV was a joy whilst with us, but no tears were shed by me when he left. Overall i'm more saddened that Siggy didn't fulfil his potential with us...but hey there's a LOOOONG line of those anyhow lol

mate, yep, 28 goals in 78 appearances from midfield, including 13 in his last season ... yeah, crud ...

looking forward I'd hope MP has made it very clear there is no such thing as "first choice" any more

There is always first choice ...

- Anyone here really believe Poch should tell Lloris he's not first choice?
- If we still had Modric/Bale, is that what you would tell them?

That's fantasy mate, people have to work hard, but you will always have a certain group of first choice players in your team.

Players hold the power, the better the player, the more power ..

There is always first choice ...

- Anyone here really believe Poch should tell Lloris he's not first choice?
- If we still had Modric/Bale, is that what you would tell them?

That's fantasy mate, people have to work hard, but you will always have a certain group of first choice players in your team.

Players hold the power, the better the player, the more power ..

what I mean is, if lloris (for example) suffers a prolonged drop in form or starts to show a bad attitude in training he should expect to be dropped

mate, yep, 28 goals in 78 appearances from midfield, including 13 in his last season ... yeah, crud ...

Read what i said again: "how brick he was was near the end of his last season".
On top of struggling to play more than 50/60 mins 9 of those 13 goals came before January that season. So yes, i think he was on the way downwards and whilst i would have been ok if he's stayed, him being sold was not exactly the wrist-slitting moment many seem to act like it was.
Quite frankly, he epitomised the flashy but ultimately not quite completing the job that needs to be done thing that Harry that season got down to a tee (and Spurs as a whole have done generally).

Read what i said again: "how **** he was was near the end of his last season".
On top of struggling to play more than 50/60 mins 9 of those 13 goals came before January that season. So yes, i think he was on the way downwards and whilst i would have been ok if he's stayed, him being sold was not exactly the wrist-slitting moment many seem to act like it was.
Quite frankly, he epitomised the flashy but ultimately not quite completing the job that needs to be done thing that Harry that season got down to a tee (and Spurs as a whole have done generally).

No one is bigger than the club mate, but in an era where our class players have forced moves, we didn't really need to push one away.

His lack of form towards end of season probably had more to do with how badly Harry had the entire side form drop at the end.

No one is bigger than the club mate, but in an era where our class players have forced moves, we didn't really need to push one away.

His lack of form towards end of season probably had more to do with how badly Harry had the entire side form drop at the end.

Exactly this. Don't know why some are getting so touchy over this subject. Was it an unforgivable sin punished by death? Of course not. Was it a slight error of judgement? Personally me and a few others believe it was, the subject has come to the fore only because of an interview with VDV which a fellow poster brought to everyone's attention, hence the topic has been reopened. But we might as well redact any negative hint of criticism of that regime.

All this flimflam talk about pushing players away is daft, he was told by AVB that he would not be a first choice and that he would have to" WORK HARD AND EARN HIS PLACE". Now VDV has a ego and you only have to look at some of his comments about how well he played last season in Germany, from what I have seen the fans thought he was poor.

HE decided that he was not prepared to work and earn his place and because his wife wanted to go back to Germany ( to try and save their marriage) he took the easy way out. To use this situation to have a dig at AVB or the Club ( take your pick) is stretching it but then again that is no surprise.

All this ******** talk about pushing players away is daft, he was told by AVB that he would not be a first choice and that he would have to" WORK HARD AND EARN HIS PLACE". Now VDV has a ego and you only have to look at some of his comments about how well he played last season in Germany, from what I have seen the fans thought he was poor.

HE decided that he was not prepared to work and earn his place and because his wife wanted to go back to Germany ( to try and save their marriage) he took the easy way out. To use this situation to have a dig at AVB or the Club ( take your pick) is stretching it but then again that is no surprise.
Quite. Nothing but good management to let a player know in advance like that - especially if he needs some extra pre-season effort to improve fitness.

You can guarantee that either the club or AVB would be to blame if VDV hadn't been told that he wasn't first choice.

Quite. Nothing but good management to let a player know in advance like that - especially if he needs some extra pre-season effort to improve fitness.

You can guarantee that either the club or AVB would be to blame if VDV hadn't been told that he wasn't first choice.

Without a doubt, and the sign that VDV usually was gone after 60 minutes would tend to point in that direction.

All this ******** talk about pushing players away is daft, he was told by AVB that he would not be a first choice and that he would have to" WORK HARD AND EARN HIS PLACE". Now VDV has a ego and you only have to look at some of his comments about how well he played last season in Germany, from what I have seen the fans thought he was poor.

Hardly the easy way out......just a realisation that wife and kids is just occasionally more important than football.

No one disputes that Scara, it's honest above all else. The disagreement comes from those of us believing it was a mistake to put him behind Siggy in the pecking order considering what a good player he was for us, even if he was a bit flakey at times. This has only been revisited because of recent comments made by VDV, I highly doubt the thread would have got bumped if not for that.

I was also disappointed that he didn't want to fight for his place.

Hardly the easy way out......just a realisation that wife and kids is just occasionally more important than football.

He left because he wanted to try and save his marriage and I have always said that. However there are some who believe it was the clubs fault he left and try and blame AVB or Levy for forcing him out.

No one disputes that Scara, it's honest above all else. The disagreement comes from those of us believing it was a mistake to put him behind Siggy in the pecking order considering what a good player he was for us, even if he was a bit flakey at times. This has only been revisited because of recent comments made by VDV, I highly doubt the thread would have got bumped if not for that.

Considering his form since he left us I'd say it was the right choice to move him on.

I don't think he ever was told that he was behind Sig was he?

My understanding is that he was told he wouldn't automatically start and would have to fight for his place - the same as pretty much any other player.

CKiiRoSWoAAZXnT.jpg

I don't think he ever was told that he was behind Sig was he?

My understanding is that he was told he wouldn't automatically start and would have to fight for his place - the same as pretty much any other player.

Come on Scara, there's no way AVB would have said that to Bale for example.

Back