• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

The comparisons of AVB/Poch to Jose/Pep are silly, because those managers can go get another WC player for $75M vs. actually working to incorporate the player they already have. Spurs does not have that luxury, and that's why AVB (or Poch if he had been given the chance) should have man managed VDV, and got another season or two out of him (anyone really think Kane wouldn't have been better off with VDV last season?)

As far as I know AVB only told VDV he would not be a automatic choice and would have to work to get place, VDV decided that was not for him and with the problem with his wife decided to leave. That was his decision and he took the easy way out.

As far as I know AVB only told VDV he would not be a automatic choice and would have to work to get place, VDV decided that was not for him and with the problem with his wife decided to leave. That was his decision and he took the easy way out.

I was also under the impression that Rafa left us because he felt that if he were to save his marriage, then his place was in Germany so to be honest, I'm a little disappointed in him over this.

I loved Rafa as we all did , as he gave us some great moments, but all this mollycoddling requirement by certain footballers, tinkles me off no end.

He's telling us all, that he jacked it in at Spurs merely because, a new young manager told him he's not his number one? Doo fudging do dums! Why not instead, turn it around and say, "I'll show you boss, I'm the best you got!"

I'm pretty sure AVB sought a positive reaction as in his ego, he would simply have told Rafa that he were not part of his plans if he did not want him.

I actually think RDV would've thrived more so in AVB's team than in Harry's. He certainly wouldn't have been gassed by the hour mark as was often the case playing in a team that were up and down the pitch like a basketball outfit. AVB's patient possession game would've been good for Rafa. Rafa and Bale bossing it in an AVB team, would've bought us CL football, I'm pretty sure of it.

I was also under the impression that Rafa left us because he felt that if he were to save his marriage, then his place was in Germany so to be honest, I'm a little disappointed in him over this.

I loved Rafa as we all did , as he gave us some great moments, but all this mollycoddling requirement by certain footballers, tinklees me off no end.

He's telling us all, that he jacked it in at Spurs merely because, a new young manager told him he's not his number one? Doo fudgeing do dums! Why not instead, turn it around and say, "I'll show you boss, I'm the best you got!"

I'm pretty sure AVB sought a positive reaction as in his ego, he would simply have told Rafa that he were not part of his plans if he did not want him.

I actually think RDV would've thrived more so in AVB's team than in Harry's. He certainly wouldn't have been gassed by the hour mark as was often the case playing in a team that were up and down the pitch like a basketball outfit. AVB's patient possession game would've been good for Rafa. Rafa and Bale bossing it in an AVB team, would've bought us CL football, I'm pretty sure of it.

On the money. He could've strengthened his hamstring and elongated his career. I have heard it said he has always had a temper on him, and thus his inconsistencies would link to such a personality trait.

I loved Rafa as we all did , as he gave us some great moments, but all this mollycoddling requirement by certain footballers, tinklees me off no end.

He's telling us all, that he jacked it in at Spurs merely because, a new young manager told him he's not his number one? Doo fudgeing do dums! Why not instead, turn it around and say, "I'll show you boss, I'm the best you got!"

Why should he? that argument really only works if the competition is real/valid.

The guy was fudging VDV, and a manager that was barely older than him comes along and say I think Siggy is a better player than you?

I work in a high expectation job, and if my manager measured my results against somebody I consider my peer, I will react to prove myself. If my manager tried to compare me to someone that nobody considers my peer, I might tell him to fudge off ..

I think VDV was a bit of a glory hunter. He joined us when we were in CL and left us when we were no longer in it.

Why should he? that argument really only works if the competition is real/valid.

The guy was fudgeing VDV, and a manager that was barely older than him comes along and say I think Siggy is a better player than you?

I work in a high expectation job, and if my manager measured my results against somebody I consider my peer, I will react to prove myself. If my manager tried to compare me to someone that nobody considers my peer, I might tell him to fudge off ..

You didn't finish your post Raziel.

And after you've told your manager to fudge off you quit your dream job for an inferior set-up. Then a couple of years later, you tell all who want to hear, that you think yourself an idiot for quitting your dream job as you did.

Would you say Jose is a crud manager for not being able to leverage Mata, or Guardiola is a crud manager for not be able to leverage Zlatan?

I do think Mourinho should not have sold Mata. Granted they won the league last season, but are they honestly better off with Willian instead?

Not wanting to fight for his place I can kind of understand, he was probably a little insulted that a manager thought Siggy was better than him considering the list of teams VDV had played for.

I'm not really buying the whole wanting to save his marriage argument. What professional footballer doesn't call the shots when it comes to their marriage?

Not wanting to fight for his place I can kind of understand, he was probably a little insulted that a manager thought Siggy was better than him considering the list of teams VDV had played for.

I'm not really buying the whole wanting to save his marriage argument. What professional footballer doesn't call the shots when it comes to their marriage?

the male kind of course

..err...one that is married to a TV personality/Model who has a career and is a professional in her own right (like Mrs VDV)?
o_O

..err...one that is married to a TV personality/Model who has a career and is a professional in her own right (like Mrs VDV)?
o_O

We've seen far uglier footballers than VDV with wives that are just as hot wear the trousers when it comes to their careers. Hamburg is just over an hour away by flight anyway so I'm sure they could have worked something out.

N.

Makes no difference if you buy it or not that is what happened, plus the fact his ego refused to accept anyone telling him he had to fight for his place.

imagine both...

some combinations just won't work out, Francis and zidane for example ;-)

I still believe in hindsight that it was a hasty decision (by both Mourinho re Mata and AVB with VDV). Surely he could have given him half a season then if it didn't work out then no harm no foul? You could say VDV was arguably never our best player, but he was our best match winner as Modric was never a goalscoring player and Bale was not quite world class yet.

Makes no difference if you buy it or not that is what happened, plus the fact his ego refused to accept anyone telling him he had to fight for his place.

Well no actually you can't just say that as if it is just fact. Your opinion of events as the same as mine, an opinion, neither you or me is !00% right or wrong.

As for the 2nd bit, I would too be a bit tinkled off if I was VDV and someone believe Siggy was better than me. Some players react to it differently than other.

Well no actually you can't just say that as if it is just fact. Your opinion of events as the same as mine, an opinion, neither you or me is !00% right or wrong.

As for the 2nd bit, I would too be a bit tinkleed off if I was VDV and someone believe Siggy was better than me. Some players react to it differently than other.

Please yourself.

All this naval-gazing re VDV; have people forgotten the last few months with us and how he routinely ran out of puff after 50 mins?
Jeez....:rolleyes:

I still believe in hindsight that it was a hasty decision (by both Mourinho re Mata and AVB with VDV). Surely he could have given him half a season then if it didn't work out then no harm no foul? You could say VDV was arguably never our best player, but he was our best match winner as Modric was never a goalscoring player and Bale was not quite world class yet.

it might well have worked, but I don't remember being too cut up about it when the news broke, his powers were waning

Back