• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

Well no actually you can't just say that as if it is just fact. Your opinion of events as the same as mine, an opinion, neither you or me is !00% right or wrong.

As for the 2nd bit, I would too be a bit tinkleed off if I was VDV and someone believe Siggy was better than me. Some players react to it differently than other.

imo, since that day, I don't think there is any question Siggy has performed to a higher level

All this naval-gazing re VDV; have people forgotten the last few months with us and how he routinely ran out of puff after 50 mins?
Jeez....:rolleyes:

True but he could still come up with a bit of magic out of nothing if we needed it, similar to Eriksen actually but people still whinge about him too and that he doesn't do enough.

imo, since that day, I don't think there is any question Siggy has performed to a higher level

Siggy has done well at Swansea again, but from the outside, it appeared that the move to Spurs was too big for him, not that he was a bad player. Then again, we have been known to ruin players.

I don't see the need for that type of response Parklane if I'm honest. There's certain things on this forum that no one can argue with and aren't really down to opinion but I don't think this qualifies, you have to draw your own conclusions.

As I say you believe what you want, there was plenty of proof around at the time that he went back to save his marriage( even a tweet from his wife thanking the club for allowing him to go). Even VDV has said in his last piece it was private. I see no point in debating it if you fail to believe what happened.

Siggy has done well at Swansea again, but from the outside, it appeared that the move to Spurs was too big for him, not that he was a bad player. Then again, we have been known to ruin players.

my point was more that VDV hasn't shown anything at Hamburg to suggest that we made a mistake in moving him (or allowing him to move) on

I loved the guy and I wish him well in Spain, but we'd had our fun with him, I'm pleased he had some fun with us as well

As I say you believe what you want, there was plenty of proof around at the time that he went back to save his marriage( even a tweet from his wife thanking the club for allowing him to go). Even VDV has said in his last piece it was private. I see no point in debating it if you fail to believe what happened.

Let's just say if he was told he was first choice then I don't believe he would have gone to Germany and leave it at that. Not much point debating it further as neither of us is going to change their opinion. He also said it was the biggest mistake of his career to leave Spurs.

They've scored a similar amount of goals, plus VDV was 32 and 7 years older than Siggy the last time I checked.

Yeah, one for a sinking shambles of a ship; one for two decent sized teams that were both punching above their weights in different ways.

Let's be clear, holding onto VDV would have been ok by me, but i was fine with him going as his legs had gone and we wasn't the type to play the contented and happy to contribute as and when neccessary squad player that he was likely needed to be at that point.
Crying and using VDV as another stick to beat AVB (essentially what all the fuss is really about) is like crying that Adebayor should not be let go "because he could sometimes score great goals out of nothing" or "on his day he's a fantastic finisher and often polishes off some of our best attacking moves"

my point was more that VDV hasn't shown anything at Hamburg to suggest that we made a mistake in moving him (or allowing him to move) on

I loved the guy and I wish him well in Spain, but we'd had our fun with him, I'm pleased he had some fun with us as well

Siggy did well at Swansea, but I believe we did the right thing by letting him go. Some moves just don't work out for players at certain times in their careers for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, one for a sinking shambles of a ship; one for two decent sized teams that were both punching above their weights in different ways.

Let's be clear, holding onto VDV would have been ok by me, but i was fine with him going as his legs had gone and we wasn't the type to play the contented and happy to contribute as and when neccessary squad player that he was likely needed to be at that point.
Crying and using VDV as another stick to beat AVB (essentially what all the fuss is really about) is like crying that Adebayor should not be let go "because he could sometimes score great goals out of nothing" or "on his day he's a fantastic finisher and often polishes off some of our best attacking moves"

Sounds about right.

Siggy did well at Swansea, but I believe we did the right thing by letting him go. Some moves just don't work out for players at certain times in their careers for a variety of reasons.

I think we've come out ahead, he scored a few important goals when he did play and it seems we have profited financially in a couple
of ways with the way we moved Siggy on

exactly, there are many examples, sometimes the player moves on, sometimes the club changes beneath them and it all just clicks, look at Forlan at United or Bergkamp at arsenal

Who are you referring to? Spurs? We had the 5th/6th best squad in the league and we finished pretty much exactly where we should have finished.

Who's crying about it? Another poster posted the article in which AVB was mentioned so naturally, it is being debated again. It seems some get a little sensitive whenever any criticism whatsoever is dished out to AVB. It wasn't the worst mistake in the world. It may surprise you, but I can actually see the logic in why he didn't feel he was right for the system, but I also believe he could tried a little harder to integrate him without telling him right off the bat that he wasn't first choice. I really don't see the problem with that and why some are getting so bent out of shape.

I've even managed to not post in the AVB thread for over a week :cool:

:D

Yeah i guess it is a natural discussion point. But some people really do seem to have forgotten how crud VDV was near the end and add it to the "AVB list of hate"(not necessarily pointing to you on this).

But hey-ho. VDV was a joy whilst with us, but no tears were shed by me when he left. Overall i'm more saddened that Siggy didn't fulfil his potential with us...but hey there's a LOOOONG line of those anyhow lol

Sounds about right.

Once again, is there really a need for snipey comments like that mate? This thread only recently got bumped because VDV gave a very recent interview about Spurs. The thread has been fairly inactive apart from that.

And I've kept quiet on AVB (in his thread ;))

:D

Yeah i guess it is a natural discussion point. But some people really do seem to have forgotten how crud VDV was near the end and add it to the "AVB list of hate"(not necessarily pointing to you on this).

But hey-ho. VDV was a joy whilst with us, but no tears were shed by me when he left. Overall i'm more saddened that Siggy didn't fulfil his potential with us...but hey there's a LOOOONG line of those anyhow lol

He always ran out of gas towards the end true. But even for his sheer hatred of Arsenal alone he would have been worth keeping :)

As I said to Galeforce, some moves just aren't right for certain players for whatever reason. I guess Siggy is the only one who knows why it didn't work out.

Back