• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

We all do buddy. It's just a shame people didn't appreciate it at the time we were living the dream seemingly more content slagging off the gaffer.
That team massively underachieved. With an even half-competent manager we'd have done so much more.

That team should have at least challenged to win the title. It didn't have the experience to win but had the ability to at least keep up a challenge for a whole season.

No argument there. 3rd should have been the minimum we achieved. Our first 11 was good enough to challenge, but our squad ultimately wasn't as good as the Manchester clubs. Poor showing to fall away like we did but we all know what happened there.

No argument there. 3rd should have been the minimum we achieved. Our first 11 was good enough to challenge, but our squad ultimately wasn't as good as the Manchester clubs. Poor showing to fall away like we did but we all know what happened there.

I think Redknapp's limitations as a manager really showed in that 2011-12 season. He assembled a very good team but failed to achieve anything with it. It is annoying how a midfield of Modric, VDV, Lennon, Bale, Kranjcar, Sandro and Parker failed to finish in top 3, especially with Arsenal struggling. I really think any other decent managers would have done wonders with that team.

I think Redknapp's limitations as a manager really showed in that 2011-12 season. He assembled a very good team but failed to achieve anything with it. It is annoying how a midfield of Modric, VDV, Lennon, Bale, Kranjcar, Sandro and Parker failed to finish in top 3, especially with Ar5ena1 struggling. I really think any other decent managers would have done wonders with that team.

Agreed. But I do think think 3rd was our ceiling.

Agreed. But I do think think 3rd was our ceiling.

Perhaps , but had we got that third which we should've done , we could've built on it the following season. I also think with the Arse then playing on the Thursdays, whilst we were in the CL, that would have sent them on a downward spiral :)

Perhaps , but had we got that third which we should've done , we could've built on it the following season. I also think with the Arse then playing on the Thursdays, whilst we were in the CL, that would have sent them on a downward spiral :)

Perhaps, but Modric and King would have still left. VDV probably would have stayed.

I can't agree. Not against the lottery winners Chel53a and FergiesI United. They were always gonna finish above us.

The Chelsea which finished 6th that season?

We were the best team in the league that season - and it's to the Gaffers massive credit that he played such a pivotal part in building it, such a shame he wasn't fussed about finishing the job

The Chel53a which finished 6th that season?

We were the best team in the league that season - and it's to the Gaffers massive credit that he played such a pivotal part in building it, such a shame he wasn't fussed about finishing the job

:eek: Better than Emirates Marketing Project with Aguero, Toure, Kompany and Silva and United with the greatest manager of all time?

:eek: Better than Emirates Marketing Project with Aguero, Toure, Kompany and Silva and United with the greatest manager of all time?

Best team, yes - obviously not comparable to United with a manager like SAF - just imagine what he would have done with that team we had

I don't think we were generally better than those two but in Bale we had the best player in the league, also, January, the half way point, transfer window still open, we were a handful of points off top, we were very unlucky to lose to City despite being the better side and wasting ample chances to win the game, we finished 20 points off top, we all know how it played out

Back