• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

If it got results ^^

the problem was dad got caught leering at Mrs Robinson so mum kicked him out and dysfunction reigned

the new boyfriend improved things for a bit but eventually the eldest child moved abroad and the younger siblings started to show disrespect, mum was caught in the middle and the new guy had to go

if only dad had realised he'd never had it so good and kept his eyes on his side of the fence, where the lawn was truly lush and green

still, mums new bloke, he seems a decent sort

the problem was dad got caught leering at Mrs Robinson so mum kicked him out and dysfunction reigned

the new boyfriend improved things for a bit but eventually the eldest child moved abroad and the younger siblings started to show disrespect, mum was caught in the middle and the new guy had to go

if only dad had realised he'd never had it so good and kept his eyes on his side of the fence, where the lawn was truly lush and green

This post is brilliant and very well structured. Bravo!

If Dad had any sense he would have not got dodgy knees forcing him to run away yet again.

Lol "what's his name", hardly a ringing endorsement.

I still maintain we should have never sold him when we did, we could have got at least one more good seasons out of him, Siggy was definitely a downgrade.

Loved that team, especially Van Der Vaart, by far the most entertaining football we have played in the Premier League era.

One of the few players who actually got what the NLD is all about, I wish more of our players cared about beating them as much as he did.

Good, well balanced post.

VDV was a very good player and if is was not for injurys he could have become one of the best. However he was past his best when he came here and in most games he went missing after 60 minutes.. As for the remark about AVB, well VDV always had a high opinion of himself ( not saying he was wrong) and was told by his new manager he would not be a automatic first choice and would have to earn his place in the team, you can see by his own comments about how good he is that did not go down well.

His wife wanted to go back to Germany and in a attempt to save his marriage he took the easy way out.

some of my favourite recent spurs memories involve rafa.

the opener against inter at what was to become the taxi for maicon night.

and the shhh at the emirates. absolutely loved the shhh. he knew exactly what it meant to be Spurs that day and he showed it to every gooner he could on his way to our corner to celebrate.
he was one of us that day.

Rafael van der Vaart has admitted his decision to quit Tottenham was "the most stupid in my career", and that boss Andre Villas-Boas was one of his reasons for leaving.

Van der Vaart spent two memorable years at White Hart Lane after signing from Real Madrid in a shock move in 2010.

"It was a little to do with everything," he told the Daily Mirror of his departure in 2012.

"It was private things, but also when what's his name [Villas-Boas] came and said to me 'you're not my number one' and I had played two years, unbelievable. So for me it was really strange that he said that to me. So then I said, 'well, it's better to leave' and that is what happened.

"It was a stupid decision, the most stupid in my career to leave Tottenham. I absolutely regret it because it was the best two years in my football life."

:(

VDV is conflicting himself with this interview. First he says he was stupid for leaving Spurs and later blames AVB for leaving. It is clear AVB didn't ask him to go but just merely told him he won't be an automatic starter which any manager would do. I think VDV is not telling the whole truth about why he left Spurs. It was reported at that time that his wife wanted to go back to Germany.

VDV is conflicting himself with this interview. First he says he was stupid for leaving Spurs and later blames AVB for leaving. It is clear AVB didn't ask him to go but just merely told him he won't be an automatic starter which any manager would do. I think VDV is not telling the whole truth about why he left Spurs. It was reported at that time that his wife wanted to go back to Germany.

Was he not accused of beating her up or something along those lines shortly before/after he left for Germany? I'm guessing these could have been the private things he was talking about i.e he moved to Germany in a failed attempt to keep her happy.

Should have just chucked her and stuck with us, we loved him more anyway.

Disclaimer: All of the above could be entirely untrue or it could have been a completely different player.

Edit: I don't see him blaming AVB for leaving though, he pretty clearly states that it was his decision to leave due to AVB not making him 1st choice.

With all due respect, but 99% of footballers call the shots when it comes to their careers and their family life.

Multiple reasons influence everyone's decisions, that's how life works.

However VDV was a key part of our team, a very successful team, and the manager suddenly says "hey, your second choice" you get tinkled off, and potentially make decisions you regret later.

Rafa has to own part of that (and he does in his interview, he says "the biggest mistake I have made"), but so does "what's his name", how much better would we have done in the last two years with him ... just sad ...

Multiple reasons influence everyone's decisions, that's how life works.

However VDV was a key part of our team, a very successful team, and the manager suddenly says "hey, your second choice" you get tinkleed off, and potentially make decisions you regret later.

Rafa has to own part of that (and he does in his interview, he says "the biggest mistake I have made"), but so does "what's his name", how much better would we have done in the last two years with him ... just sad ...

I think the key point is that it doesn't matter if it was 'whats his name' or any other manager on the planet that told VDV he was not 1st choice. The reason he wanted to leave was because he didn't think he was going to get enough first team football. If it had been AF, JM or anyone else who told him he wasn't going to get enough first team football, the result would likely have been the same.

For me it was bad management of a fantastic player by AVB, but he didn't fit into what AVB had planned for the team so you can't really blame him for having a vision and wanting to see it out, same way he probably wouldn't have played much had Poch been in charge at that time.

I think the key point is that it doesn't matter if it was 'whats his name' or any other manager on the planet that told VDV he was not 1st choice. The reason he wanted to leave was because he didn't think he was going to get enough first team football. If it had been AF, JM or anyone else who told him he wasn't going to get enough first team football, the result would likely have been the same.

For me it was bad management of a fantastic player by AVB, but he didn't fit into what AVB had planned for the team so you can't really blame him for having a vision and wanting to see it out, same way he probably wouldn't have played much had Poch been in charge at that time.

Honestly that would just say AVB and Poch are poor managers ..

And that is the thing that really concerns me with "system" managers, if you could not see what VDV brought to Spurs, and couldn't figure out how to leverage that in some way, you are a brick manager ..

And that is the thing that really concerns me with "system" managers, if you could not see what VDV brought to Spurs, and couldn't figure out how to leverage that in some way, you are a crud manager ..

I agree with you, certainly if wouldn't have let him go if it was up to me.

But in the system AVB and to an extent Poch want to play, the only way to 'leverage' him is to give him 20 minutes off the bench at the end as he would never had the fitness to go a full 90 minutes. This still would have resulted in him leaving.

I didn't rate AVB by the way. I do rate Poch.

And that is the thing that really concerns me with "system" managers, if you could not see what VDV brought to Spurs, and couldn't figure out how to leverage that in some way, you are a crud manager ..

Would you say Jose is a crud manager for not being able to leverage Mata, or Guardiola is a crud manager for not be able to leverage Zlatan?

Would you say Jose is a crud manager for not being able to leverage Mata, or Guardiola is a crud manager for not be able to leverage Zlatan?

Excately this, manager make decisions all the time and players who are not willing to fight for their place generally move on.

Its easy to blame AVB for VDV leaving but all he was told is that he would not be first choice, VDV rather then stay and fight for his place decided to leave because his wife wanted to move back to Germany. As I have said before it seems VDV has a very high opinion of his ability and is not one who takes being told by any manager he is not a automatic choice.

In the case of Jose and Mata - It seemed to me that the manager tried to leverage the player and when the player didn't work hard enough defensively he swapped him for a player who was just as good in an offensive sense but would actually play for the team (i.e. Hazard).

In the case of Jose and Mata - It seemed to me that the manager tried to leverage the player and when the player didn't work hard enough defensively he swapped him for a player who was just as good in an offensive sense but would actually play for the team (i.e. Hazard).

Disagree, to me, it was Jose marking his territory, he has to be the one in charge, and he choose to use their best player from previous season to send a message to the squad, I can get rid of whoever I want. Can't argue with Cheat$ki's results, but they are a lesser side without Mata than with him.

Excately this, manager make decisions all the time and players who are not willing to fight for their place generally move on.

Its easy to blame AVB for VDV leaving but all he was told is that he would not be first choice, VDV rather then stay and fight for his place decided to leave because his wife wanted to move back to Germany. As I have said before it seems VDV has a very high opinion of his ability and is not one who takes being told by any manager he is not a automatic choice.

Sounds fine in principle, little less clear when that player is one of your only top tier players. Really, who the fudge was AVB going to play instead of VDV, Siggy?? we saw how that worked out.

The comparisons of AVB/Poch to Jose/Pep are silly, because those managers can go get another WC player for $75M vs. actually working to incorporate the player they already have. Spurs does not have that luxury, and that's why AVB (or Poch if he had been given the chance) should have man managed VDV, and got another season or two out of him (anyone really think Kane wouldn't have been better off with VDV last season?)

Back