• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Not sure you could be any closer for the first one. Headed straight onto his arm.

Similar to one one Romero gave away where he had no option, as it was close, but they must think it's stopping a goal?

2nd one is just pulling a player, that's going to be given, unless it's on us.

Not sure you could be any closer for the first one. Headed straight onto his arm.

Similar to one one Romero gave away where he had no option, as it was close, but they must think it's stopping a goal?

2nd one is just pulling a player, that's going to be given, unless it's on us.
Pulling a player? It was two nonsense handball decisions, wasn't it?

Pulling a player? It was two nonsense handball decisions, wasn't it?

I only saw a clip and thought it was for holding into a player.

If it's given for hand ball, that's a harsh call. It looks like it bounces around off different players.

Now you need to defend a jump with arms behind your back...

I only saw a clip and thought it was for holding into a player.

If it's given for hand ball, that's a harsh call. It looks like it bounces around off different players.

Now you need to defend a jump with arms behind your back...
Both hand ball, second one rolled onto Souza's arm from behind while he was trying to protect his head.. Ludicrous decisions

Obviously VAR "can't" intervene if it's only a yellow card, obviously. Even if that yellow would mean a 2nd yellow card, that makes perfect sense, it's clear why everyone respects VAR and the way it's implemented.

Instead of being able to send off players like Havertz for that outrageous dive who ended up scoring the winner, it can't do that because of self imposed limitations. Amazing stuff. And no ban either for the following match, incredible precision In the art of compounding the referee's reasonable mistake as opposed to supporting the ref to get to the right outcome. It's not just because it's Arsenal, I find this aspect of VAR super frustrating.

I guess the question is where you draw the line because reviewing anything and everything would gut the sport good and proper, but adding yellows to the list of what it's allowed to sort out sounds better imo. I imagine Ange would disagree being a bit more of a purist.

Obviously VAR "can't" intervene if it's only a yellow card, obviously. Even if that yellow would mean a 2nd yellow card, that makes perfect sense, it's clear why everyone respects VAR and the way it's implemented.

Instead of being able to send off players like Havertz for that outrageous dive who ended up scoring the winner, it can't do that because of self imposed limitations. Amazing stuff. And no ban either for the following match, incredible precision In the art of compounding the referee's reasonable mistake as opposed to supporting the ref to get to the right outcome. It's not just because it's Arsenal, I find this aspect of VAR super frustrating.

I guess the question is where you draw the line because reviewing anything and everything would gut the sport good and proper, but adding yellows to the list of what it's allowed to sort out sounds better imo. I imagine Ange would disagree being a bit more of a purist.
I’d VAR everything.

Better to have the right decisions imo.

I’d VAR everything.

Better to have the right decisions imo.

I'm firmly opposed to that, it's a surefire way to make the game unwatchable with the technology how it is. As many pauses as NFL but without the importance/ intensity of each action / play. You know it'd just be an excuse to crow more adverts in our faces as well,or having to listen to the likes of Andy Townsend making idle chat whilst waiting for the refs to check everything to the nth degree.

I think the yellow cards is where the line is drawn in the sand for me but each to their own.

I'm firmly opposed to that, it's a surefire way to make the game unwatchable with the technology how it is. As many pauses as NFL but without the importance/ intensity of each action / play. You know it'd just be an excuse to crow more adverts in our faces as well,or having to listen to the likes of Andy Townsend making idle chat whilst waiting for the refs to check everything to the nth degree.

I think the yellow cards is where the line is drawn in the sand for me but each to their own.

Fair enough.

I think the importance is there on each action.

Had a long chat with bloke in pub Monday we have come to a brilliant solution to the problem with VAR. The game is so fast moving with physical contact its extremely difficult for officials to make correct and timely decisions, if we remove those elements from the game it will be so much easier for them. A few simple changes to rules like no physical contact, no running, ball must not leave the ground and scrapping the offside will eliminate virtually all the contenious rulings.

Back