• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I've seen it reported that RM are looking to loan him out. Might not be true of course.

I do think the arrangement would suit us for various reasons.

Wasn't there a recent rumour that we tried to loan him last Summer? I could see us going back in for him, as a 30 games a season Bale on loan is still a fantastic option even at 30 years old.

And the good feeling it would bring from and too both us and Bale.
I suspect he would also be happy with rotation, add would a couple of our other players. Giving them just that extra little bit of rest across the season to allow them to play at their full potential and win things.

How would Poch cope with an established superstar and his entourage? He's never managed one before

How would Kane cope with not being unquestionable top dog?

I thought this post was being sarcastic but realised that you are dead serious.... :eek:

Our whole success over the past 4 years has been based on a young, hungry squad with a strong sense of common purpose, who have grown together. Why upset that by bringing in a Mourinho style signing (a big ego, big salary and a year or two at most left in them)?

Our MO is to sign the next Bale

How would Poch cope with an established superstar and his entourage? He's never managed one before

Bale isn't known for his entourage is he? Cant have loads more commercial things than Kane and would bring the winning mentality.

If he could stay fit (we wouldn't have a chance to get him if he could) he will be perfect, sadly I have no confidence he can.

Our whole success over the past 4 years has been based on a young, hungry squad with a strong sense of common purpose, who have grown together. Why upset that by bringing in a Mourinho style signing (a big ego, big salary and a year or two at most left in them)?

Our MO is to sign the next Bale

He's on 500k per week, will be over 30 before the season, is always hurt, and seems like kind of a weird guy. Zero percent chance this happens.

Bale isn't known for his entourage is he? Cant have loads more commercial things than Kane and would bring the winning meteorology.

If he could stay fit (we wouldn't have a chance to get him if he could) he will be perfect, sadly I have no confidence he can.
I think he'd be the only player in the epl with a bodyguard

Bale doesn't really have an entourage.
Kane is a humble team player lacking in destructive ego.

Next question.....

He's on 500k per week, will be over 30 before the season, is always hurt, and seems like kind of a weird guy. Zero percent chance this happens.

If/when Bale leaves Real he will have to take a pay cut wherever he goes. He will still be on a good whack and TBH I doubt whether it (wages) will be the deciding factor for him when it comes to deciding where he goes. His age doesn't really fit Poch's normal MO but I think that if it ever gets to the stage where serious discussions between us and RM/Bale are possible (especially if there's a loan option)then I would think that Levy & Poch are both smart enough to see the potential immediate benefits both on and off the pitch.

The 'weird guy' line is just....... weird IMO. Bale is known to be a quiet unassuming guy. Maybe that is a bit unusual for a high level pro footballer these days but it sure as hell doesn't make him weird in my book. FWIW I lived in Cardiff for many years and have met a few people that have known Bale well for a long time and they have all said the same - really nice guy with no 'Billy Big-gonad*s' about him at all.

Plus the guy has a special place for us and he has now got vast experience at winning big trophies.

I would prefer to have players like that over those with a Pogba-style attitude any day of the week.

Personally I think Bale is too similar to Kane - can’t see a system that would get the best out of both of them. Not saying it would be a bad signing, just think there could be better signings that would have better synergy with our existing players.

Personally I think Bale is too similar to Kane - can’t see a system that would get the best out of both of them. Not saying it would be a bad signing, just think there could be better signings that would have better synergy with our existing players.
I think we need to understand that of our attackers we need to manage them as a group and have one more option;
Kane - quality. But is going to have spells injured. Ability to rest him could be very useful
Bale - as per Kane.
Moura - streaky.
Alli & Eriksen - play too much. An option to rest would be useful. Also tactically they are better in CM Vs defensive teams, so Bale adds an option in front of them.
Son - used to be streaky. I think he may have developed past it.

Six options for four positions and offers alot of tactical flex. That's how you win things

I think we need to understand that of our attackers we need to manage them as a group and have one more option;
Kane - quality. But is going to have spells injured. Ability to rest him could be very useful
Bale - as per Kane.
Moura - streaky.
Alli & Eriksen - play too much. An option to rest would be useful. Also tactically they are better in CM Vs defensive teams, so Bale adds an option in front of them.

Six options for four positions and offers alot of tactical flex. That's how you win things

I totally agree in principle, I just can’t help but feel that neither Kane nor Bale would be satisfied if not starting most games when fit - they just both have the ‘superstar’ tag and feel. If I’m wrong though (especially given their injuries) I agree it would be great to have them as alternatives. In fact it would be bloody brilliant!

Though I’d go one step further and say we need a 7th and/or 8th player as depth for 4 positions. Even if it’s just Lamela and Llorente for this season.

Bale - as per Kane.
Moura - streaky.

You need 8 players for 4 positions, even if number 8 is a youngster (similar to how we have 4 players for the 2 CB positions, plus others like Dier and Davies in an emergency).

5 of those 8 required which we should keep are Kane, Moura, Son, Eriksen and Dele. You could argue that Parrott could potentially become the 8th within 12-18 months.

That leaves 2 gaps. I'm not a huge fan at all of Lamela and Llorente is on his last legs, plus Janssen and GKN never fitted in. I'd like to see us get rid of those 4 and bring 2 in.

My view is that one of those should be similar in style to Eriksen, as we dont have a like for like replacement for him when he's out, and the other I'd look for someone similar to Son so can play as a CF or off a CF.

Regardless though, I'd rather we get younger hungrier players (18-23 years old). I think we have increasing experience in our squad so whilst Bale would bring medals, I dont see that his experience is as additive as it would have been 2-3 year ago.

Back