• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Can’t see any problems with Zaha’s meteorology at all.

"Zaha is not the player he was last season, he seems very lazy and slows down play and has a really bad attitude problem. However, he is immune to criticism due to him being so loved."

"Zaha bought five cars in four months after his Utd move was sorted and he went back to Palace. Took his eye off the ball from there."

"Ultimately, whenever I think of Zaha’s moments at Man Utd, I always return to this. pic.twitter.com/8wIMug2h7Q"

"His team desperately needed a shift from him but he didn't track back, there was a lack of work rate and he had to get closer to the ball. He was walking around and there wasn't really 100 per cent effort there."

Some of these quotes are from his time at UTD. Nothing has changed in terms of his overall play though. I've said it several times now, Poch will simply not have it.

We'd need to know he's alright with that...some players aren't. And I don't just mean might have an attitude about it.

Absolutely.

I realise Im coming over as his #1 fan here, Im really not - I like the player a lot and think he could be great for us but thats it.

If we get him all good, if we dont and get someone else with the skills then Im just as happy.

I just find myself defending him a lot because I really think people come down far to harshly, and unfairly, on him.

IF we buy him its because we can afford to, and because we think he will fit in and work out, and because Poch wants it to happen.

So IF we got him, Id be pretty confident of things working out.

Some of these quotes are from his time at UTD. Nothing has changed in terms of his overall play though. I've said it several times now, Poch will simply not have it.

He has changed and matured a great deal in the last few seasons.

This smacks of the same sort of stuff thats gets levelled at Grealish, it seems people cant be forgiven (or ever grow up) having been a punk teenager.

If you followed him closely you would know that since returning to Palace he has grown and matured and settled down and become a leader in that team.

None of which reconciles with your years old quotes.

Absolutely.

I realise Im coming over as his #1 fan here, Im really not - I like the player a lot and think he could be great for us but thats it.

If we get him all good, if we dont and get someone else with the skills then Im just as happy.

I just find myself defending him a lot because I really think people come down far to harshly, and unfairly, on him.

IF we buy him its because we can afford to, and because we think he will fit in and work out, and because Poch wants it to happen.

So IF we got him, Id be pretty confident of things working out.

He has changed and matured a great deal in the last few seasons.

This smacks of the same sort of stuff thats gets levelled at Grealish, it seems people cant be forgiven (or ever grow up) having been a punk teenager.

If you followed him closely you would know that since returning to Palace he has grown and matured and settled down and become a leader in that team.

None of which reconciles with your years old quotes.

They're not all years old. His work ethic is still suspect and his attitude still sucks. We will not sign him.

Zaha is off the table, doesn't matter if you rate him or not. He's 27 already, he's on heavy wages and worth far more to Palace that any buying club, and he committed to a new contract last summer.

Wan-Bissaka on the other hand is 21, a position we really need to improve and could be worth a slightly over expensive bid.

City don't routinely struggle as we do; neither do Liverpool... I am not saying that they don't have a difficult game against these sides from time to time. But they spank them more often than not.

And they do so because the former drag the minnows out of shape by their movement whereas the bin dippers have individual strikers with the individual skills to pull them out of shape and open gaps.

We just depend on shots from outside of the box; in other words hit and miss...
Liverpool have struggled loads against packed defenses - they have overcome it this year largely due to rub of the green and diving, I expect them to revert to mean next year.

(*I am not saying they are lucky but I don't think they will have the same success next year, sometimes narrative gets you through in the short term).

I thought our record against the bottom sides was supposed to be impressive these days?
One game and the days of home games under Harry Redknapp come flooding back. We've not had issues since we've become regular winners at home.

Some teams will take a little longer to break, that's natural. But breaking they have been. Brighton defended the deepest I've ever seen a team.

This problem is in the past.

Zaha is off the table, doesn't matter if you rate him or not. He's 27 already, he's on heavy wages and worth far more to Palace that any buying club, and he committed to a new contract last summer.

Wan-Bissaka on the other hand is 21, a position we really need to improve and could be worth a slightly over expensive bid.
I have only seen Palace against us and maybe one or two other games, from what I read people rate Wan-Bissaka defensively but not attacking. We need a pacey attacking full back imo - perhaps he will become this with or without Poch, I know he only has positive reviews at the moment.

I have only seen Palace against us and maybe one or two other games, from what I read people rate Wan-Bissaka defensively but not attacking. We need a pacey attacking full back imo - perhaps he will become this with or without Poch, I know he only has positive reviews at the moment.

Wan Bissaka is a winger turned fullback, the type we know all to well.

He needs to improve a lot in attack, for sure, though I think he has it in him to be effective.

Defensively though he is outstanding, statistically the best in europe I believe (or, at least, was in a few areas last I saw).

Interceptions, blocks, tackles, he really is top notch.

I know Palace are a fairly defensive side and that will lend itself to him doing well with these things, but he really is genuinely special.

And only just 21.

Given Pochs magic touch with fullbacks, were we to get Wan Bissaka I would expect him to be one of the best in the world in a few seasons.

Hes decent going forward now, without being exceptional, plenty there to work with though IMO.

I thought our record against the bottom sides was supposed to be impressive these days?

It is impressive.

We do make hard work of sides that want to dig in with two banks of 5 though, and thats the next hurdle to jump for me.

Title winning teams of the past always manage to crack these nuts early, then the game becomes a procession - its effectively resting.

Get an early goal, break the game plan, then just sit in and pick them off on the break.

I honestly think these are the things that allow teams to go a full season without too much in the way of fatigue.

With us? Well we make hard work of it dont we? We are getting better, getting the results, but its late in the day stuff.

Had Eriksen scored that goal in the 25th minute rather than 85th, how much easier (physically and mentally) would the game have been?

I think thats what people are getting at (could be wrong of course).

@r-u-s-x & @nayimfromthehalfwayline

Even if Wan Bissaka is just strong defensively, I think it would be an interesting option against the ultra attacking teams (Pool, City, Barca this season) to have FBs that can be counted on defend, not just get targeted by opposition wingers

Re making hard work of sides that want to dig in, everyone does .. the better sides eventually get through (our record speaks to that)

Wan Bissaka is a winger turned fullback, the type we know all to well.

He needs to improve a lot in attack, for sure, though I think he has it in him to be effective.

Defensively though he is outstanding, statistically the best in europe I believe (or, at least, was in a few areas last I saw).

Interceptions, blocks, tackles, he really is top notch.

I know Palace are a fairly defensive side and that will lend itself to him doing well with these things, but he really is genuinely special.

And only just 21.

Given Pochs magic touch with fullbacks, were we to get Wan Bissaka I would expect him to be one of the best in the world in a few seasons.

Hes decent going forward now, without being exceptional, plenty there to work with though IMO.

It tends to take fullbacks a season to get the full Poch transformation. We probably need to bear that in mind.

Wonder if we can nick martial from utd.
Supposed to be unhappy and willing to leaves.

I think our hopes of signing Martial died when he signed a new deal at Man Utd. Him doing that means Man Utd hold all the cards now.

While Son does a very good job deputising for Kane I think it would make sense for us to ensure we do have a third option in the squad who is able to play with his back to goal. That may be as simple as just retaining either Llorente or Janssen (I would actually probably prefer the latter due to his age).

A year ago I would’ve been pleased if we had signed Zaha but I don’t think he is a player we should be pursuing now. I don’t dispute that he is a good player and would add something to our squad that we do not really currently have, but I think the combination of his age and likely transfer fee mean that he doesn’t represent good value for us, with there being far greater needs in the squad that the £50+ million of funds could be put towards. I also think that Son has stepped up his game even further this year to become a better first choice option than Zaha anyway.

Assuming Eriksen and Alderweireld can be secured on new contracts then I think all our first team squad needs for next season is 3 players:

A new right back: Max Aarons would be my top target here.

A new left back: Ryan Sessegnon would be my top target here (I think he would only offer cover in the first year but could be converted to a first choice left back for next season and that is fine with Rose’s returning form now that he seems to be fully recovered.

A new central midfielder: Youri Tielemanns please. I have been banging on about him for a few years, since I saw him looking composed in the centre of Anderlecht’s midfield at only 17 years old. I think the reported £40 million fee is great value and he is a player with massive upside.

I reckon the above 3 players would cost about £100 million between them in transfer fees. I would be prepared to sacrifice both Trippier and Lamela from our first team squad in order to help with this, which I think would fund about half of that £100 million. Trippier because he doesn’t have the pace or the confidence/bravery to attempt to beat a player, both of which I think are are needed from our wide players in Poch’s system. Lamela because there is no point in having a player who is only ever available for half of the season.

If Eriksen does not sign a new contract then I agree that Haivertz is the player we should go all out to get to replace him (and if he really could be secured for around £40 million then I would love to see us push the boat out to get him anyway).

If Toby is sold then I think we still need to add another centre half. Unfortunately I don’t think we will be able to afford De Ligt (who will probably be every top club in Europe’s number 1 defensive target). However there seem to have been numerous links to Sampdoria’s Danish centre half Joachim Andersen, who would probably cost only £7 million or so more than the release fee for Alderweireld and he could prove a smart buy for Spurs.

Liverpool have struggled loads against packed defenses - they have overcome it this year largely due to rub of the green and diving, I expect them to revert to mean next year.

(*I am not saying they are lucky but I don't think they will have the same success next year, sometimes narrative gets you through in the short term).
Every team in the World struggles against packed defences. It is the precise reason why teams pack their defence when playing against teams with more talented players than themselves.

I think our hopes of signing Martial died when he signed a new deal at Man Utd. Him doing that means Man Utd hold all the cards now.

While Son does a very good job deputising for Kane I think it would make sense for us to ensure we do have a third option in the squad who is able to play with his back to goal. That may be as simple as just retaining either Llorente or Janssen (I would actually probably prefer the latter due to his age).

A year ago I would’ve been pleased if we had signed Zaha but I don’t think he is a player we should be pursuing now. I don’t dispute that he is a good player and would add something to our squad that we do not really currently have, but I think the combination of his age and likely transfer fee mean that he doesn’t represent good value for us, with there being far greater needs in the squad that the £50+ million of funds could be put towards. I also think that Son has stepped up his game even further this year to become a better first choice option than Zaha anyway.

Assuming Eriksen and Alderweireld can be secured on new contracts then I think all our first team squad needs for next season is 3 players:

A new right back: Max Aarons would be my top target here.

A new left back: Ryan Sessegnon would be my top target here (I think he would only offer cover in the first year but could be converted to a first choice left back for next season and that is fine with Rose’s returning form now that he seems to be fully recovered.

A new central midfielder: Youri Tielemanns please. I have been banging on about him for a few years, since I saw him looking composed in the centre of Anderlecht’s midfield at only 17 years old. I think the reported £40 million fee is great value and he is a player with massive upside.

I reckon the above 3 players would cost about £100 million between them in transfer fees. I would be prepared to sacrifice both Trippier and Lamela from our first team squad in order to help with this, which I think would fund about half of that £100 million. Trippier because he doesn’t have the pace or the confidence/bravery to attempt to beat a player, both of which I think are are needed from our wide players in Poch’s system. Lamela because there is no point in having a player who is only ever available for half of the season.

If Eriksen does not sign a new contract then I agree that Haivertz is the player we should go all out to get to replace him (and if he really could be secured for around £40 million then I would love to see us push the boat out to get him anyway).

If Toby is sold then I think we still need to add another centre half. Unfortunately I don’t think we will be able to afford De Ligt (who will probably be every top club in Europe’s number 1 defensive target). However there seem to have been numerous links to Sampdoria’s Danish centre half Joachim Andersen, who would probably cost only £7 million or so more than the release fee for Alderweireld and he could prove a smart buy for Spurs.
I need to Google a couple of players in that list, so it's good right?

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Every team in the World struggles against packed defences. It is the precise reason why teams pack their defence when playing against teams with more talented players than themselves.
yes I know - I was responding to a comment that "City don't routinely struggle as we do; neither do Liverpool"

Forget Zaha ( imo) over rated and over priced, i would rather we tried to prise Sane away from City. He is struggling to get in the team at the moment and may be up for a change, City would probably not sell him to us but if we are really looking for a player of that type he would be a FAR better option than Zaha ( imo).

Forget Zaha ( imo) over rated and over priced, i would rather we tried to prise Sane away from City. He is struggling to get in the team at the moment and may be up for a change, City would probably not sell him to us but if we are really looking for a player of that type he would be a FAR better option than Zaha ( imo).
Not sure we could afford his wages though I agree he is an exceptional talent.

And would cost more
I’m guessing he be would be a £100m player now

Back