• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

ARSENAL, SPURS, UNITED EYE TIELEMANS

Leicester loanee Youri Tielemans is ready to spark a £40m summer scramble between Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham for his signature, says the Daily Star.

The Belgium international joined the Foxes on a six-month loan deal from Monaco in January.

Has he had a call up to the full Dutch international squad yet?

ARSENAL, SPURS, UNITED EYE TIELEMANS

Leicester loanee Youri Tielemans is ready to spark a £40m summer scramble between Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham for his signature, says the Daily Star.

The Belgium international joined the Foxes on a six-month loan deal from Monaco in January.

If this is true, our recruitment policy is a joke.

What’s changed in 4 months that he wasn’t worth a punt on loan but is now worth 40m of our money? If football experts in our club couldn’t see he had the tools to do what he’s done for Leicester, they’re in the wrong job.

Also, Sessegnon at 25m is an absolute bargain.

What’s changed in 4 months that he wasn’t worth a punt on loan but is now worth 40m of our money? If football experts in our club couldn’t see he had the tools to do what he’s done for Leicester, they’re in the wrong job.

Thought someone said that Poch passed on him?

If that's the case can't see a U-turn. (Rightly or Wrongly)

He has now proven he can hack it?

Dont know much about him myself but do recall many people here saying he was lightweight and wouldnt fit in the Pl...

He has now proven he can hack it?

Dont know much about him myself but do recall many people here saying he was lightweight and wouldnt fit in the Pl...

I’d expect our scouting network to know he could do that from watching him before. It’s one thing a fan saying it, quite another if our scouting team is doing the same.

Maybe we weren’t so keen on a short term loan without any commitment or first option at the end of it

Maybe we weren’t so keen on a short term loan without any commitment or first option at the end of it

Option of a loan for a player who can cut it in the league in a position where we are woefully short?

The only acceptable excuse is we weren’t keen then and we aren’t keen now for whatever reason. I could accept that. But if we’ve changed our thinking based on 3-4 months, it’s pretty amateurish in my view.

I fail to see what the downside of a loan for him was as we had got rid of Dembele and short on CMs. If it had worked out great he would have bedded in before signing him permanently, and at worse he was always going to be better quality than what we had available eg Skipp...

Option of a loan for a player who can cut it in the league in a position where we are woefully short?

The only acceptable excuse is we weren’t keen then and we aren’t keen now for whatever reason. I could accept that. But if we’ve changed our thinking based on 3-4 months, it’s pretty amateurish in my view.

I fail to see what the downside of a loan for him was as we had got rid of Dembele and short on CMs. If it had worked out great he would have bedded in before signing him permanently, and at worse he was always going to be better quality than what we had available eg Skipp...

Not disagreeing rather just speculating that might have been why we weren’t so keen. Loans don’t really seem to be our modus operandi.

Not disagreeing rather just speculating that might have been why we weren’t so keen. Loans don’t really seem to be our modus operandi.

Agreed, always the risk with no guaranteed option to buy that we could be gazumped. There was talk that Monaco wanted him in the shop window, could see the fee going above £40m as well with a few clubs looking to rebuild.

On the flipside he would have been handy today, we lacked creativity and he would have helped in games like that. Same with the Brighton game.

We have no idea what his personality type is TBH. I do agree that he has turned out to be pretty good. I was certainly one of those who did not think he would hack it.

I’d expect our scouting network to know he could do that from watching him before. It’s one thing a fan saying it, quite another if our scouting team is doing the same.

Thats one of those cop out answers though, isnt it?

"Well are YOU questioning the manager? Think YOU can do a better job?" type things...

If scouts/transfer committees were that fool proof there would be no bad transfers would there? And our share of duds over the years suggests these decisions are as much guesswork as anything. Same for all clubs.

Like I say, I dont know the player well - but when he was linked those familiar with him almost universally stated he was talented but too lightweight, and some even cited lazy.

Clearly there must be something to that, you would have to be pretty incredible to see that player and decide actually he'll do just fine in the PL seeing how he performs in France....

Winks injury issues

Back