• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

For me there are two players we could get who I think would add to the squad but more importantly add to the first 16 with their quality.

Both play at Leverkusen, and would cost probably £80M for the pair

Brandt is a fast winger who can play ACM too
Plays a bit like Sonny and a bit like Dele so a nice combo. Also plays with his head up which seems rare still even in this day and age

Haivertz is a creative CM who is mainly left footed, physically strong and can pass like Eriksen. Reminds me of Ozil and will go to Bayern if not snapped up by an EPL side

Check them out if you can. Their not unknown but their players we could get without breaking the bank and improve the squad

Unfortunately stats don’t take into account Zaha having 2-3 players on him every time he receives the ball - I’m not sure Lamelas stats would be so impressive if opposition ever considered him good enough to warrant such treatment.....

Utter nonsense.

For me there are two players we could get who I think would add to the squad but more importantly add to the first 16 with their quality.

Both play at Leverkusen, and would cost probably £80M for the pair

Brandt is a fast winger who can play ACM too
Plays a bit like Sonny and a bit like Dele so a nice combo. Also plays with his head up which seems rare still even in this day and age

Haivertz is a creative CM who is mainly left footed, physically strong and can pass like Eriksen. Reminds me of Ozil and will go to Bayern if not snapped up by an EPL side

Check them out if you can. Their not unknown but their players we could get without breaking the bank and improve the squad

THIIIIIIS! Been saying the same.

Utter nonsense.

Agree but they don’t take into account who your playing for on face value, who your playing with and how teams set up against you

Is it better for example to score loads of goals for a poor team, or to score half as many for a better team who play against more sides set up to defend?

Agree but they don’t take into account who your playing for on face value, who your playing with and how teams set up against you

Is it better for example to score loads of goals for a poor team, or to score half as many for a better team who play against more sides set up to defend?

Zaha would not improve our squad and has no resale value. That's the end of the conversation in my mind.

I think he would be better than Lamela and we cannot be buying players with resale in mind anymore if we want to progress

But I also think there are others out there who could be a better fit like Brandt for example and less money too
Perhaps resale value on its own isn't that important anymore, but age and long term thinking is.

Signing Zaha for the kind of fees being talked about knowing that he's unlikely to develop that much further might make other options better. Also signing him now we'll face a decision in 2-3 years if he does well. Sell him and get a good fee for him, or keep him and see his value go down year by year. With a younger player that comes much later.

If we spend that kind of money I'd like it to be on someone we think will improve our starting eleven, or on someone with the clear potential to become an improvement for our starting eleven in a year or two. For me Zaha doesn't fit either of those categories, but I could obviously be wrong.

Perhaps resale value on its own isn't that important anymore, but age and long term thinking is.

Signing Zaha for the kind of fees being talked about knowing that he's unlikely to develop that much further might make other options better. Also signing him now we'll face a decision in 2-3 years if he does well. Sell him and get a good fee for him, or keep him and see his value go down year by year. With a younger player that comes much later.

If we spend that kind of money I'd like it to be on someone we think will improve our starting eleven, or on someone with the clear potential to become an improvement for our starting eleven in a year or two. For me Zaha doesn't fit either of those categories, but I could obviously be wrong.

Agreed with all of that
I still look at our squad and look at where we need to upgrade and for me its around impact players as much as first 11
The reason I have focussed lately on Lamela and Llorente are that one is rarely available for a number of reasons and the other causes us to change our game for him to be effective. Could argue that isn’t a bad thing in games we need to change things up but he is also 34 I think
With Lamela I just can’t see him ever reaching his potential here or anywhere and we’re aiming for the league now ... just look at how Bernardo silva has added to an already top City side and pushed someone not as good or at the latter stages further down the order

I'm with you on that, and I think his age combined with price will rule him out for us. We're just not going to pay £70m-odd for someone who turns 27 later this year. I'm actually quite happy with that. I like us signing young up and coming players in the say 20-23 year old range

Don’t think Zaha would cost 70m, reckon he is available for 40-50m. I do like him but don’t think he is worth that money, we are well stocked in attack. Surely if we qualify for the CL for a fourth consecutive time (looking likely) that is going to make us very attractive to players, to Poch’s first choice players. Especially when you see the mess the three clubs behind us are in (Arsenal less so than the other two). We have to get AWB!

Have you seen him blowing up at refs and sulking when he's tackled a few times? fudge off with that. He's been sent off for petulance more than once. Poch will not have it.

Give me a player who relishes the contest every day of the week.

He sarcastically applauded the ref because the ref was allowing every foul against him. He was getting kicked up in the air repeatedly, had been for weeks, and wasnt getting any protection at all (think Alli when he got a reputation for diving).

I dont think its right he lost his brick at the ref, but I certainly dont blame him and do not attribute it to petulance. It was frustration through and through, and not without cause.

Don’t think Zaha would cost 70m, reckon he is available for 40-50m. I do like him but don’t think he is worth that money, we are well stocked in attack. Surely if we qualify for the CL for a fourth consecutive time (looking likely) that is going to make us very attractive to players, to Poch’s first choice players. Especially when you see the mess the three clubs behind us are in (Arsenal less so than the other two). We have to get AWB!

Well, if rumour is to be believe (yes, I know) we/Poch has a long standing interest in Zaha, so who knows?

I completely understand peoples reluctance based on value, and I completely understand those questioning whether or not he will develop at 27.

I also just think he has all the attributes in a player Poch absolutely loves. At the end of the day look what happened with Sissoko (at 29/30), Im not sure we could write off someone with Zahas talent as being past it at 27.

At £40-50m Id jump on it happily. At £70m+ I absolutely think we should be looking for other deals (the Leverkeusen pair for example) - but those are decisions for the club.

I would say if we ever did get him, I think he would bring something we need to the team/squad.

For me it’s not a position we can spend that amount of money on. We have to get a right back and central midfielder. They will cost 40m each and not convinced we even have 80m to spend. Have to see what sales money we receive.

Money in the game is ridiculous, its getting beyond comprehension. For me, while I think someone may/may not look like value I am now at a point where if we pay it, then Im ok with it. We know Levy doesnt mess around when it comes to £££.

And he wouldnt be "standing in", he would be a squad option. Rotating in and out, adding strength where required. Something we are clearly lacking in a few areas this season.

Just look at the bench last night.
We'd need to know he's alright with that...some players aren't. And I don't just mean might have an attitude about it.

Back