• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

With only a couple of days left before the transfer window closes I thought I would offer my thoughts...

It looks like we've still got £70 million of the 150 left to spend but I am slightly disappointed that we are just letting players out on loan... I know it's not easy to sell to European clubs as they all seem skint but if we had another £50 million we could hopefully get two world class players...

The fixture list looks scary at times and the squad is going to be severely tested...

I can still remember where I was when I heard the news about Klinsmann signing all those years ago... Wouldn't it be lovely if we could produce a couple of 'surprise' players in the next few days who really could take us to the next level..

COYS

With only a couple of days left before the transfer window closes I thought I would offer my thoughts...

It looks like we've still got £70 million of the 150 left to spend but I am slightly disappointed that we are just letting players out on loan... I know it's not easy to sell to European clubs as they all seem skint but if we had another £50 million we could hopefully get two world class players...

The fixture list looks scary at times and the squad is going to be severely tested...

I can still remember where I was when I heard the news about Klinsmann signing all those years ago... Wouldn't it be lovely if we could produce a couple of 'surprise' players in the next few days who really could take us to the next level..

COYS

Firstly we've spent £118m net this summer. So not sure where the £72m comes from. The payments would probably be in installments anyway. Although we already owed £170m on transfer fees in the last accounts. Having said that we haven't yet drawn £50m of the £150 as far as i'm aware. But that may be earmarked for next summer to get a player we couldn't get this window. We may even buy another player this window.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein/148

COYS
I think it's been obvious since Spence that we were then done with first team signings. 6 targets, 4 first choices, 2 second choices (Forster and Lenglet instead of Johnstone and Bastoni).

We just did all our business early, like people have been pleading for for years. So there's going to be no last minute panicking, like normal

Since then I think we've just been focusing on the future - udogie, the Sheff United forward, maybe a CB like Edwards etc

I think it's been obvious since Spence that we were then done with first team signings. 6 targets, 4 first choices, 2 second choices (Forster and Lenglet instead of Johnstone and Bastoni).

We just did all our business early, like people have been pleading for for years. So there's going to be no last minute panicking, like normal

Since then I think we've just been focusing on the future - udogie, the Sheff United forward, maybe a CB like Edwards etc
Edward was recycled again as a target yesterday

Firstly we've spent £118m net this summer. So not sure where the £72m comes from. The payments would probably be in installments anyway. Although we already owed £170m on transfer fees in the last accounts. Having said that we haven't yet drawn £50m of the £150 as far as i'm aware. But that may be earmarked for next summer to get a player we couldn't get this window. We may even buy another player this window.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein/148
That looks spot on too

With Conte's comments about any outgoings from the squad needing replacing i think that means theoretically Gil & Regulion leaving means 2 coming in - whether that happens or not i don't know but i think that is what Conte will expect, going by his words, unless that's been misunderstood.

Would love us to pull off a late transfer for one of our targets from earlier in the window that we were rebuffed on (Bastoni/Gvardiol) i think we potentially have money earmarked for that sort of deal if it becomes a possibility.

I think we want an additional attacker, some better competition for off the right though can't see much more than a loan at a stretch there.

With Conte's comments about any outgoings from the squad needing replacing i think that means theoretically Gil & Regulion leaving means 2 coming in - whether that happens or not i don't know but i think that is what Conte will expect, going by his words, unless that's been misunderstood.

Would love us to pull off a late transfer for one of our targets from earlier in the window that we were rebuffed on (Bastoni/Gvardiol) i think we potentially have money earmarked for that sort of deal if it becomes a possibility.

I think we want an additional attacker, some better competition for off the right though can't see much more than a loan at a stretch there.

Reguillon hasn't been a part of the squad in preseason. Same as winks. So conte wouldn't have regarded him as needing replacement. Ally gold has confirmed this in his vids. Gil would need replacing though. Gatuso said that they were waiting for us to replace him first before the loan was completed.

Reguillon hasn't been a part of the squad in preseason. Same as winks. So conte wouldn't have regarded him as needing replacement. Ally gold has confirmed this in his vids. Gil would need replacing though. Gatuso said that they were waiting for us to replace him first before the loan was completed.

Forgot that Reggie was left out of the squad along with Winks & co - so yes 1 in 1 out with Gil being the 1 out

Forgot that Reggie was left out of the squad along with Winks & co - so yes 1 in 1 out with Gil being the 1 out

Unless we cannot get one in and Gil ends up staying, In which case we will be done until January when maybe other targets will come available

Teams are really overpaying for players this summer, i remember when £70m got you a premier league and champions league proven, world class Bale. Now you are paying high end money for a wish version of Neymar. £100m!!! Unbelievable.

Teams are really overpaying for players this summer, i remember when £70m got you a premier league and champions league proven, world class Bale. Now you are paying high end money for a wish version of Neymar. £100m!!! Unbelievable.

Some people remember buying greaves for £99,999. But agree the prices are over inflated. They could have been got for cheaper.

Back