• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Imagine if we had sold some of our players
The uproar from our fans would have lead to a protest like yesterday....
Daniel Levy doesn't give a brick what the fans think so it's a non issue. If we are selling and replacing then the fans will have nothing to complain about.

Fans complain regardless
We spend £130m on 3 players
Fans say it’s not enough
We bring in 7 players
Fans say there the wrong ones

Fair point, and I agree. It's easy to criticize, and we don't know everything going on behind the scenes; I will continue to support Levy. But let's put it differently. Who was the last player we bought who has been a real success? I would say Alderweireld and - five weeks later - Son in the summer of 2015. Harsh? Maybe. Still on the fence regarding Tanguy, PEH, Reguilon or Lo Celso? Up for debate I suppose, but overall I really don't think that's good enough.

Last edited:
Fair point, and I agree. It's easy to criticize, and we don't know everything going on behind the scenes, and I will continue to support Levy. But let's put it differently. Who was the last player we bought who has been a real success? I would say Alderweireld and - five weeks later - Son in the summer of 2015. Harsh? Maybe. Still on the fence regarding Tanguy, PEH, Reguilon or Lo Celso? Up for debate I suppose, but overall I really don't think that's good enough.
Hojdjerg and Reggie from this season are or will be IMO
We didn’t buy bad players last season but the ones we brought were all for a different manager
Players settle and improve at different paces and also need the right man to get the best out of them

Hojdjerg and Reggie from this season are or will be IMO
We didn’t buy bad players last season but the ones we brought were all for a different manager
Players settle and improve at different paces and also need the right man to get the best out of them

Yes, I too have high hopes for Reguilon in particular. But maybe I should have been clearer: what I meant is a player who is an essential part of the team in his first season at the club. We have had quite a few under Levy: Lloris certainly, albeit after an early stutter with Friedel still in goal. Everyone knew he was a good buy when he arrived, and he proved it. Modric and Van der Vaart, same story. Vertonghen and Alderweireld too, you could even argue that Eriksen (despite being one of the notorious 7) deserves to be in that list as well.

Reguilon and PEH don't make that list for me. I don't believe there are many fans of other top-6 (top-8?) clubs who envy us right now for having PEH or Reguilon in the team. Maybe next year?

Yes, I too have high hopes for Reguilon in particular. But maybe I should have been clearer: what I meant is a player who is an essential part of the team in his first season at the club. We have had quite a few under Levy: Lloris certainly, albeit after an early stutter with Friedel still in goal. Everyone knew he was a good buy when he arrived, and he proved it. Modric and Van der Vaart, same story. Vertonghen and Alderweireld too, you could even argue that Eriksen (despite being one of the notorious 7) deserves to be in that list as well.

Reguilon and PEH don't make that list for me. I don't believe there are many fans of other top-6 (top-8?) clubs who envy us right now for having PEH or Reguilon in the team. Maybe next year?
Son wasn’t
Son wanted to leave after season 1
And I know plenty who would have took Reggie and Hojdjerg not that long ago

Son wasn’t
Son wanted to leave after season 1
And I know plenty who would have took Reggie and Hojdjerg not that long ago

True, Son does not belong in that list, but I don't think either PEH or Reggie will have Son's impact. Still, the point remains. It's a difficult league to adapt to - and this puts question marks over the expectations regarding, say, Sabitzer. But the really good ones do so quickly, and the fact that Alderweireld (maybe Wanyama?) was the last one is not a good sign.

True, Son does not belong in that list, but I don't think either PEH or Reggie will have Son's impact. Still, the point remains. It's a difficult league to adapt to - and this puts question marks over the expectations regarding, say, Sabitzer. But the really good ones do so quickly, and the fact that Alderweireld (maybe Wanyama?) was the last one is not a good sign.
I don’t think how quickly anyone settles has any merits on how good they are IMO
Henry and Berkamp didn’t settle quickly
Fernandinho didn’t either
Then you have others like Keita who don’t ever look like settling
I do think players who have had at least one overseas move before settle quicker

Also a massive gooner and hates us.

You only have to look at Matt Doherty to see what happens if we ignore that.

Professionals dont look at it that way, they may have supported a team as kid but will play for anyone. As a Spurs fan of over 65 years I would have loved to play for Woolwich or anyone else, it's better than having a real job.

Yes. Just as you keep pushing this gonads.... We had 12 weeks to do that deal and fcuked around offering silly fees before finally offering the very reasonable asking fee just as Villa had found a new buyer.

the new owners didn’t try to add more to the fee, they just said ‘not for sale’. We ended up offering £10m more for him on deadline day than we could’ve got him for on day 1 of the transfer window. Quite why a player is worth another £10m then I have no idea? You keep pushing your gonads and I’ll keep saying how wrong you are....

No the offer was made and accepted BEFORE the new owners had come in, once the owners found out about the deal they said that if he was sold for that price ( which had been agreed) they would pull out if Grealish ( or any other player) was sold before they took over.
Once the take over happened they said they did not want Grealish sold and the the price trebled and Levy backed out.

No the offer was made and accepted BEFORE the new owners had come in, once the owners found out about the deal they said that if he was sold for that price ( which had been agreed) they would pull out if Grealish ( or any other player) was sold before they took over.

The price trebled and Levy backed out.
We had 10 weeks to complete that deal. He should’ve been our player before Villa’s new owners even met to discuss buying them.... Look how quickly Leicester signed Maddison from Norwich that summer for the same fee that Villa wanted for Grealish. We fcuked around low balling for about 8 weeks, instead of being decisive (like Leicester were with Maddison).

We had 10 weeks to complete that deal. He should’ve been our player before Villa’s new owners even met to discuss buying them.... Look how quickly Leicester signed Maddison from Norwich that summer for the same fee that Villa wanted for Grealish. We fcuked around low balling for about 8 weeks, instead of being decisive (like Leicester were with Maddison).

As i have said on PM to you as well you believe what you wish too, but your wrong and i am willing to leave it there ( just like i was the last time we went around the houses with this) but as long as you insist on posting you gonad*s over this to others i will reply to it.

As i have said on PM to you as well you believe what you wish too, but your wrong and i am willing to leave it there ( just like i was the last time we went around the houses with this) but as long as you insist on posting you gonad*s over this to others i will reply to it.
As I said to you on PM as well, you believe what you wish. I have never told you that you are wrong. All I have said is that we had lots of time to do that deal and Levy fcuked around for weeks making opening offers of around £8m, then £12m, etc. Villa needed a specific amount to pay HMC. The price was set, we just needed to match it (just like Leicester did quickly with their target, Maddison).

We started talking to Villa just after they lost the PL play off final, the manager wanted the player and the player wanted to come to Spurs. Our chairman then spent weeks and weeks making silly offers. We could’ve had him for the very start of pre-season, WAY before Sariwiss and Edens had even discussed investing at Villa. For some reason Levy thought that the same player who wasn’t worth £25m on day 1 of the window was suddenly worth £35m on the very last day of the window... Imagine having owners like Leicester’s who decisively back their managers?

Imagine if we had sold some of our players
The uproar from our fans would have lead to a protest like yesterday....

And that is why my point that Poch was backed. Unlike many managers, he didn't have his top players sold from under him. Where we got it so wrong was the timing. For example, as soon as Eriksen refused to sign a new contract we should have sold him. Same with Rose as soon as he started his googling nonsense.

For me the priority is getting shot of Dier and Sanchez and bringing in two new CM’s. We will look a hell of a lot better with two half decent defenders who don’t make mistakes almost on a weekly basis.

Also need to get Son’s contract nailed down or sell unfortunately

Really confused, PEH is an absolute knock out of the park success mate. he's played every PL game to my knowledge. I think every top 6 team would find a spot for PEH, maybe not a guaranteed starter but we would have zero problems selling him if we wanted to.

The fact that you compare PEH to Son says a lot for how you see success (e.g. looks like goal scoring).

Reguilon is extremely promising, United badly wanted him.

Re the long list -> Keane, Defoe, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, VDV, Walker, Dele, Eriksen, Jan, Toby, Lloris, Son, PEH (needs prove over a longer time period) are all raging successes
There was even longer list of "decent" buys which covers a bit of current team as well.

Professionals dont look at it that way, they may have supported a team as kid but will play for anyone. As a Spurs fan of over 65 years I would have loved to play for Woolwich or anyone else, it's better than having a real job.

I remember reading a story about Kenny Dalglish running upstairs and tearing the Rangers posters off the wall, when the Celtic representatives arrived at the house to sign him. I also saw Tom Huddlestone being interviewed and saying that as a kid he was chelsea fan, "but I'm not really bothered now".

Back