• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

If we are comparing our transfer business unfavourably against Leicester, we need to be pointing the finger at our managers not scouts. As @Bedfordspurs has said, we were interested in Tielemans and Poch said not. We were heavily linked with Castagne but Mourinho preferred enriching Mendes by signing Doherty

That argument can be used for anyone we sign - we were long-term admirers of his so for all we know, he knew he wanted to sign for us eventually and so other clubs were never encouraged to make an approach.

And besides, not really hanging my hat on him just saying he's exactly the type of player Leicester sign and then their coaching team make a success of

Ok fair enough but we were apparently linked with him before Fulham were promoted and I guess we decided to see if he could cut it in the PL.
The general opinion was he didn't do very well and he got exposed at the highest level but we still bought him.
I just think we need to ask serious questions of our scouting department/ network. We never seem to find a relatively unknown gem at a good price.

That was my suggestion last summer
Sell Tanguy and buy eze
See is an Eriksen type
Tanguy though can still be world class IMO
Just need to see him fitter and with a coach rather than a manager

Love Ndombele but don't see him doing it week in week out in the prem, like Aurier he will have some good games which might sway people.

If in the summer we could shift Ndombele and Lo Celso and bring in Zakaria and Kessie.

Shift winks, Sissoko and Lamela and bring in Skipp, Brooks and Olise I think the squad would be far better for minimal if any outlay.

I doubt we would’ve got Tielemens over the line anyway.... after all our chairman took 10 weeks to finally get up to Villa’s £25m asking price for Poch’s actual target.

You keep pushing that gonad*s, the deal was done, hands shaken and the new owners blocked it and tried to add more to the fee.. As long as you keep pushing that gonad*s i will keep saying just how wrong you are.

If we are comparing our transfer business unfavourably against Leicester, we need to be pointing the finger at our managers not scouts. As @Bedfordspurs has said, we were interested in Tielemans and Poch said not. We were heavily linked with Castagne but Mourinho preferred enriching Mendes by signing Doherty
I don’t think the chairman wanted to spend the money on Castagne.

You keep pushing that gonad*s, the deal was done, hands shaken and the new owners blocked it and tried to add more to the fee.. As long as you keep pushing that gonad*s i will keep saying just how wrong you are.
Yes. Just as you keep pushing this gonads.... We had 12 weeks to do that deal and fcuked around offering silly fees before finally offering the very reasonable asking fee just as Villa had found a new buyer.

the new owners didn’t try to add more to the fee, they just said ‘not for sale’. We ended up offering £10m more for him on deadline day than we could’ve got him for on day 1 of the transfer window. Quite why a player is worth another £10m then I have no idea? You keep pushing your gonads and I’ll keep saying how wrong you are....

I don’t think the chairman wanted to spend the money on Castagne.

We've spent plenty the last couple of summers and Leicester paid little more than Castagne than we did for Doherty. Doherty also doesn't fit the profile of a club signing. I think that it was down to what the manager wanted.

I doubt we would’ve got Tielemens over the line anyway.... after all our chairman took 10 weeks to finally get up to Villa’s £25m asking price for Poch’s actual target.
They were two different years. Tielemens was turned down by Poch in the summer of 2018. Don't know why you keep saying that it was Grealish he wanted.

The whole scouting team is to blame. Leicester sold Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell all for big money profits and invested the proceeds extremely wisely.

We on the other hand did the exact reverse.

The whole scouting team is to blame. Leicester sold Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell all for big money profits and invested the proceeds extremely wisely.

We don't know if they are or not. We know Poch and Mourinho have turned down some top class players. The rest of the players they came up might have been poor or might have been great, we don't know. The only one consistent we do know is that the managers have turned down players that went on to be very good else where.

Imagine if we had sold some of our players
The uproar from our fans would have lead to a protest like yesterday....

Back