• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

@Gutter Boy - remember when I said that Tielemens was an excellent player and I wanted us to get him back when he was at Anderlecht and then still wanted him when he was available from Monaco?.... i think you told me he wasn’t very good and that Dendonker was the better player? :D
At the end of the day , it doesn't matter if it was you , me or my aunty Agnes , just about everyone could see that Tielrmens was a very good player that could adapt to the premier League.
The question is : why couldn't our scouts see this before or after he came here ?
Who is our goalscoring midfielder?
We simply don't have anybody other than Kane or Son that can score or create and that's a damning indictment on the club from the very top all the way down to our scouting network. It's embarrassing!

At the end of the day , it doesn't matter if it was you , me or my aunty Agnes , just about everyone could see that Tielrmens was a very good player that could adapt to the premier League.
The question is : why couldn't our scouts see this before or after he came here ?
We simply don't have anybody other than Kane or Son that can score or create and that's a damning indictment on the club from the very top all the way down to our scouting network. It's embarrassing!
Our scouts did
Our manager declined the player
We want Sabitzer to do exactly what your describing

Just to reply to myself , West Ham and Leicester have outshone us in recruitment.
I know they both have similar budgets to us ( which is a cause for concern and something that Enic needs to address) but our whole scouting and recruitment network needs revaluating.
And/or Levy needs to stop thinking about profit over trophies.
You can't have both unless your a giant which we aren't yet.
Little ? Leicester have put us to shame which shouldn't really be happening.

Our scouts did
Our manager declined the player
We want Sabitzer to do exactly what your describing
What manager declined Sabitzer? Surely you don't mean Jose?
I mean I felt sick when this ex Chelsea washed up has been actually came to take control of the club I love from the club I hate nearly as much as Arsenal but surely he didn't decline Sabitzer? I thought he wanted Sabitzer ?
You know what ? Let's not even debate about the right and wrongs of this. We should never ever have given this guy the gig, he mocked us over William and looked down upon us for years. Surely Levy should have had more pride and defiance that that?
Absolutely shameful behaviour in my opinion.
Levys done a lot for us off the field but on the field , when he/we got lucky he didn't follow through and cement our place In the top echelon. Levys negligent for that.

What manager declined Sabitzer? Surely you don't mean Jose?
I mean I felt sick when this ex Chelsea washed up has been actually came to take control of the club I love from the club I hate nearly as much as Arsenal but surely he didn't decline Sabitzer? I thought he wanted Sabitzer ?
You know what ? Let's not even debate about the right and wrongs of Derp We should never ever have given this guy the gig, he mocked us over William and looked down upon us for years. Surely Levy should have had more pride and defiance that that?
Absolutely shameful behaviour in my opinion.
Levys done a lot for us off the field but on the field , when he/we got lucky he didn't follow through and cement our place In the top echelon. Levys negligent for that.
Poch did

@seaside spur He was saying that we are targetting Sabitzer to do the job you were saying the team is crying out for, not that Mourinho turned him down.

Leicesters signings have been good but i think ours are getting a bad rep because of the mismanagement on the pitch the past couple of years, you said it yourself regarding Mourinho and despite that we've taken a top 4 'challenge' down to the last 4 or 5 games and reached a cup final - swap Brendan and Jose round and i wonder if we'd be looking at their players enviously still...

@seaside spur He was saying that we are targetting Sabitzer to do the job you were saying the team is crying out for, not that Mourinho turned him down.

Leicesters signings have been good but i think ours are getting a bad rep because of the mismanagement on the pitch the past couple of years, you said it yourself regarding Mourinho and despite that we've taken a top 4 'challenge' down to the last 4 or 5 games and reached a cup final - swap Brendan and Jose round and i wonder if we'd be looking at their players enviously still...
No doubt our management was bad but our player recruitment has been diabolical. I don't know if that's down to our scouting system or Daniel Levy going for our ninth choice recommendation but whatever it is it needs to change asap otherwise we will be in a relegation battle next year, we really are that bad. The whole back five plus defensive midfielders and a creative midfielder needs a complete shake up/ overhaul. This squad is the biggest mess I can remember for at least 10+ years.
Leicester lost their best central defender and still had two very good, competent defenders to see the game out. We don't have a best defender but at a push I will use Toby just for arguments sake. Could we have defended and withstood the Chavs pressure after that ?
I sincerely think not. Both of Leicester's centre halfs were bought within the last twelve months.
Who have we bought ? Were they ready to go and be first team players?
Sorry, our scouting and/ or recruitment operations are incompetent and unacceptable.
How can you not see that Ndombele was unfit , overweight , lazy and lacking the desire to make it at the highest level.
I've stayed quiet for a long time watching this brick show but enoughs enough.
I mean, the pikey pie and mash canning town campers club are actually putting us to shame , yes that bunch of clowns !

Last edited:
It has to be reiterated multiple times but our scouts are not the problem. The problem has come from the decision makers. I mainly complain about levy but various managers have also played their part as well. Harry thinking Suarez was too similar to Defoe (wtf) or Poch reportedly not liking the look of Tielemans are examples.

Let's not criticise the scouts, they have done and continue to do their job.

No doubt our management was bad but our player recruitment has been diabolical. I don't know if that's down to our scouting system or Daniel Levy going for our ninth choice recommendation but whatever it is it needs to change asap otherwise we will be in a relegation battle next year, we really are that bad. The whole back five plus defensive midfielders and a creative midfielder needs a complete shake up/ overhaul. This squad is the biggest mess I can remember for at least 10+ years.
Leicester lost their best central defender and still had two very good, competent defenders to see the game out. We don't have a best defender but at a push I will use Toby just for arguments sake. Could we have defended and withstood the Chavs pressure after that ?
I sincerely think not. Both of Leicester's centre halfs were bought within the last twelve months.
Sorry, our scouting and/ or recruitment operations are incompetent and unacceptable.
How can you not see that Ndombele was unfit , overweight , lazy and lacking the desire to make it at the highest level.
I mean, the pikey pie and mash canning town campers club are actually putting us to shame , yes that bunch of clowns !
Sorry but the Turkish lad was brought ages ago and was there when maguire was there
They also ended up with Wes Morgan on to shore up things
What was key though was no individual errors as they did their job

It has to be reiterated multiple times but our scouts are not the problem. The problem has come from the decision makers. I mainly complain about levy but various managers have also played their part as well. Harry thinking Suarez was too similar to Defoe (wtf) or Poch reportedly not liking the look of Tielemans are examples.

Let's not criticise the scouts, they have done and continue to do their job.
It’s why it takes so many things right to get a deal done
And not a huge amount for it to go wrong

Sorry but the Turkish lad was brought ages ago and was there when maguire was there
Whatever it was , whoever it was , whenever it was , they've won a PL title and an Fa cup.
We've waited for twenty years and won f**k all !

Maybe it has been, but I'm not sure how we can say the manager was doing poorly if he had such a diabolical set of players?

I'd be fairly confident that if Sessegnon, Rodon, Ndombele, GLC, Hojberg, Regulion had been signed by Leicester they'd all be looking much better than they are with us right now.

Does it matter that Wes Morgan was on at the end ?
That makes it even worse!
They won a trophy with or without him.
That's it !

Maybe it has been, but I'm not sure how we can say the manager was doing poorly if he had such a diabolical set of players?

I'd be fairly confident that if Sessegnon, Rodon, Ndombele, GLC, Hojberg, Regulion had been signed by Leicester they'd all be looking much better than they are with us right now.
I'm not sure I agree.Listen, I hated moaninho almost as much as you but I think the players are vastly overrated.
Our back 5/6 are diabolical. Only Reggie and Hugo even comes close to being passable imo.
Yes the manager could have got more out of our attacking potential but our back line is so bad it's frightening.
We have so much work to do in the summer.

Oh and I wouldn't be hanging my hat on Sessegnon. Everybody looked at him for at least 1-2 seasons and nobody made a move for him after they saw him in the PL.
Another reason to doubt our scouting system.
£30m !!????

Oh and I wouldn't be hanging my hat on Sessegnon. Everybody looked at him for at least 1-2 seasons and nobody made a move for him after they saw him in the PL.
Another reason to doubt our scouting system.
£30m !!????

That argument can be used for anyone we sign - we were long-term admirers of his so for all we know, he knew he wanted to sign for us eventually and so other clubs were never encouraged to make an approach.

And besides, not really hanging my hat on him just saying he's exactly the type of player Leicester sign and then their coaching team make a success of

That argument can be used for anyone we sign - we were long-term admirers of his so for all we know, he knew he wanted to sign for us eventually and so other clubs were never encouraged to make an approach.

And besides, not really hanging my hat on him just saying he's exactly the type of player Leicester sign and then their coaching team make a success of
Yep
Yeah ya exactly the right signing for a club who isn’t financially doped
Young, progressive player who has excelled at his age group and in the 5th hardest competition in Europe

Back