• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I remember him as a big guy with quick feet... a bit like verts and would definitely see him as an upgrade to Dier/Toby

Gladbach fans seem to think he's fairly reliable, good with the ball at his feet - but weak in the air for someone of his size and slow off the mark.

We're getting Toby MkII with this guy if we get him. Think I'd prefer his CB partner, Elvedi.

given our financial position would it make sense to introduce clarke (right) skipp (centre) sessegnon (left) into the first team next season so that we can consolidate and invest in the spine - Keeper (loris understudy), CB (verts and toby replacement), CM (eriksen replacemnet)?

Yep. I like him. I think his partner Elvedi is even better. Both have only 1 year left on their contracts and would be great as a ready made pair.

I doubt the price will be 35m euros for either Ginter or Elvedi. I would've thought the pair for £50m would be about right. Understandably Monchengladback might not want to lose both of them at the same time but neither can they let them go into the last year of their deals and able to sign a pre-contract deal in January for a free transfer next summer. Ginter, Elvedi, Milenkovic, Anderson - all players that should be in our price range and would improve us greatly. Any two from four and I would be happy.

Yep. I like him. I think his partner Elvedi is even better. Both have only 1 year left on their contracts and would be great as a ready made pair.

I doubt the price will be 35m euros for either Ginter or Elvedi. I would've thought the pair for £50m would be about right. Understandably Monchengladback might not want to lose both of them at the same time but neither can they let them go into the last year of their deals and able to sign a pre-contract deal in January for a free transfer next summer. Ginter, Elvedi, Milenkovic, Anderson - all players that should be in our price range and would improve us greatly. Any two from four and I would be happy.

Gladbach are in a difficult situation, tbh. Zakaria will likely also leave, and there are admiring glances around Thuram and Neuhaus. They really needed to get CL this season to avoid that rebuild, but Marco Rose being poached by Dortmund has sent them into a deadly tailspin.

Shouldn't affect us, though - if Levy had balls, he'd be on the plane out there now negotiating for any two of Ginter, Elvedi and Zakaria - *before* they get pillaged and then refuse to sell anymore.

We had that chance in 2014 when Poch joined - we could have bought both Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin, who would have been perfect for Poch's system, having already excelled at Soton. Soton were willing to sell, having made promises to both players that they could leave - we fudged around for half the summer and refused to pay what Soton wanted, until eventually they had enough of being pillaged and just said 'no more sales'.

Levy will never learn, though. These are the deals the market offers if you're quick - quick is something Levy has rarely, if ever, been.

Gladbach are in a difficult situation, tbh. Zakaria will likely also leave, and there are admiring glances around Thuram and Neuhaus. They really needed to get CL this season to avoid that rebuild, but Marco Rose being poached by Dortmund has sent them into a deadly tailspin.

Shouldn't affect us, though - if Levy had balls, he'd be on the plane out there now negotiating for any two of Ginter, Elvedi and Zakaria - *before* they get pillaged and then refuse to sell anymore.

We had that chance in 2014 when Poch joined - we could have bought both Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin, who would have been perfect for Poch's system, having already excelled at Soton. Soton were willing to sell, having made promises to both players that they could leave - we fudged around for half the summer and refused to pay what Soton wanted, until eventually they had enough of being pillaged and just said 'no more sales'.

Levy will never learn, though. These are the deals the market offers if you're quick - quick is something Levy has rarely, if ever, been.

Mate, please pick better examples, both Rodriquez and Schneiderlin were bullets dodged.

I dont know Ginter but if you want to be optimistic, you'd hope that these increasing transfer rumours are a signal of us trying to get some business done early.

Whether we'd sign players whilst we dont have a manager and just rely on Hitchen's view though....not sure we would

I dont know Ginter but if you want to be optimistic, you'd hope that these increasing transfer rumours are a signal of us trying to get some business done early.

Whether we'd sign players whilst we dont have a manager and just rely on Hitchen's view though....not sure we would

That's exactly what I was thinking, isn't it risky to buy players without having a manager in situ to agree that x or y player is what he is seeking? If we want Levy to give full backing to his new manager, then he has to wait for the manager to be appointed? Put out feelers, have some talks where permitted, but I don't think he can agree anything without the manager in place.
Plus players might want to know who they will be managed by.

That's exactly what I was thinking, isn't it risky to buy players without having a manager in situ to agree that x or y player is what he is seeking? If we want Levy to give full backing to his new manager, then he has to wait for the manager to be appointed? Put out feelers, have some talks where permitted, but I don't think he can agree anything without the manager in place.
Plus players might want to know who they will be managed by.

Yep, hopefully its only a week or two so he approach you mention seems sensible. We really do need to have the manager in place in that next 1-2 weeks

Could Ginter and Andersen make a good pair?

Perhaps buy them and if BMG dont want to lose Elvedi at the same time, then having Ginter could put us in the box seat to take Elvedi on a free in 2022.

Yep, hopefully its only a week or two so he approach you mention seems sensible. We really do need to have the manager in place in that next 1-2 weeks

My understanding (Ally Gold talk about this in some of his long runs)
- The club has a list of players they are interested in long term (Reguilon was one, so was Van der Beek)
- The club will have a positional list of players required and have multiple options A/B/C for those

I'd assume we would be working hard to tie up early transfers with potential Euro complications (or driving price up), but yes, you would expect the incoming manager to have some say otherwise you could waste the investment.

given our financial position would it make sense to introduce clarke (right) skipp (centre) sessegnon (left) into the first team next season so that we can consolidate and invest in the spine - Keeper (loris understudy), CB (verts and toby replacement), CM (eriksen replacemnet)?
I think the same with gazzaniga and foyth too - let the new manager assess them and focus all our limited funds on 1 cb and maybe 1 cm

Villareal has an option to buy Foyth so might not be possible to control whehter he stays

I'm not sure that's ever been confirmed. Plus it wouldn't be able to happen without the player's consent, so at worse we'll have to get the new coach to do a sales pitch on him

I'm not sure that's ever been confirmed. Plus it wouldn't be able to happen without the player's consent, so at worse we'll have to get the new coach to do a sales pitch on him

Would rarely be - how many details of transfers, even fees, are actually reported by the clubs involved? However given how widely reported it was, I think its pretty likely that its true. Clearly the player would need to agree but if he's had a happy season there, but previously crap years in England, I cant see why he'd object, unless we offered him more £££, which I doubt we would

Same stats as Breel Embolo had, who everyone wanted us to sign 4-5 seasons ago. Hasn't done anything in the Bundesliga in the years since, which is also a pub league, according to sources in here.
Daka looks to me like he could make the step up. My wish is that we would go after both him and Abdallah Sima from Slavia Prague if Kane leaves. We’d probably need to accept a transitionary season though. Another good option would be Alex Isak at Sociedad.

Last edited:
Back