• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

48 hours left in this window. I still think we’ll get one or two over the line before Jim White slams the window shut.

Does feel like some of the trails have gone cold doesn’t it?

As others mentioned it seems we need to free up space in the squad in order to add. The trouble is a lack of interest in our deadwood like Aurier.

As others mentioned it seems we need to free up space in the squad in order to add. The trouble is a lack of interest in our deadwood like Aurier.

Indeed, still think Tomiyasu would be good to get in, cover for RB and CB but yes, I think it heavily relies on shipping out Aurier and that isn't looking likely.

I guess a lot of the trails were in case Man. City decided to stump up the Kane money then we had options we had already worked on to bring in.

At this point in the window, with Aurier the only option might be to loan him, for free, to someone who will pay his wages. He's said that he wants to leave and only has a year left on his contract. He should be open to that and would free up the wage bill

If we dont then he'll walk next summer after we'd paid his wages for a year and then we go and sign another RB. Better to loan him now, if there are any takers for zero loan fee, and progress te rebuild more. Financially its no different

Am I right in thinking that Tomiyasu is more of a defensive RB ala Japhet? One who can also play CB. With Japhet starting the season well it wouldnt seem like the best balance to have both vying for that spot? Would also explain why we are looking at others.

Am I right in thinking that Tomiyasu is more of a defensive RB ala Japhet? One who can also play CB. With Japhet starting the season well it wouldnt seem like the best balance to have both vying for that spot? Would also explain why we are looking at others.

Defensive RB but can get forward and covers CB also from what I've read about him.

Not wanting to bock the kid but Tanganga doesn't have the best injury record and I really, REALLY don't think Doherty is going to improve much if at all, even under Nuno.

Back