• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Think any injury to a certain few individuals leaves us in brick street.

I know key players out hurts most sides but as you say we could be in deep.

On most positions we at least have recognised players for the positions, even if lower quality. Just not at CF!

Maybe they’re convinced this will be Scarlett’s breakthrough season?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sounds familiar.....

from dragon on Coys

"as things stand

Emerson only happens if we can shift one of serge/doc

tangy to Lyon off so no Aooure

Wolves won't sell Traore

tomorrow will not be as busy as many of you expect
I’m now expecting 3 ins and 3 outs based on this!

Or a CM . Still short in defence. If that’s all our business done think we are still short in a few key areas which will hamper us this season.

The striker situation is pretty poor tho.

EDIT : we are weaker in attacking options than last season.
Vini , Lamela and Bale gone. Gil brought in.
Defence : Toby for Romero let’s hope it works out .
Midfield : Skipp makes it look more solid but we have no creativity.
GK . Not sold on new lad looked pretty average so far.

All in all think we are weaker.

Need a big day tomorrow , fingers crossed.
I agree with your overall assessment except the new keeper looks light years ahead of Hart (not difficult) and much more likely to challenge Lloris than Gazzaniga in his appearances so far.

On most positions we at least have recognised players for the positions, even if lower quality. Just not at CF!

This season, if any season, was the one we could try and blood a deputy without worrying about upsetting Kane, succession planning his likely departure next season and maybe even partner him with another 9 as he continues to drop deep. Playing Son there weakens another position and also deprives him of possible rotation and rest. Why are we the only team that don’t have a recognised backup CF ?!

This season, if any season, was the one we could try and blood a deputy without worrying about upsetting Kane, succession planning his likely departure next season and maybe even partner him with another 9 as he continues to drop deep. Playing Son there weakens another position and also deprives him of possible rotation and rest. Why are we the only team that don’t have a recognised backup CF ?!
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Last edited:

Perhaps Nuno, like Pochettino before him, it's somewhat more happy with Son and Lucas as the options to Kane and thus happier to see us focus on other areas of the team?

And as Poch would have already assessed, hard to find upgrades for the position over those two.

My its more about numbers up front rather than whether we can find someone better than Son or Moura. We have 5 players for the 3 positions, only one of whom is really a natural out and out CF. Means a heavy workload for those guys, or crossing fingers that Scarlett steps up

Or that Kane is used judiciously and kept healthy for PL games and anything mildly heavy in cup games or the ECL.

Right, but that relies on Son taking up the slack in other games, and probably playing out wide in league games. And what happens when one of those is injured?

I hope we're trying to get a CF in on loan today. Martial probably isnt needed by Utd, Jovic doesnt play much at all at Real and they're short of cash,....there must be someone!!!

My its more about numbers up front rather than whether we can find someone better than Son or Moura. We have 5 players for the 3 positions, only one of whom is really a natural out and out CF. Means a heavy workload for those guys, or crossing fingers that Scarlett steps up
True, as long as we play with a front three and none of Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Alli and Ndombele count as front players.

I think at the very least we have more than those 5 options if we change or tweak the system/formation.

No doubt another good enough option, preferably someone that could be a good enough backup for Kane's role would be useful. But we've seen repeatedly that this is either expensive or difficult to find someone good enough to make an impact, or good enough to be trusted to make an impact.

Happy enough that we've focused on other areas so far and if we do that on the final day too. If a striker option becomes available I would be happy with us pursuing that too.

I think we are short of at least one player in every area of the pitch. Think we ideally need one more defender (CB), one midfielder (CM) and one forward, preferably one who can play CF.
Realistically we'll sign one at best.
Not sure why we didn't try to get a loan for someone like Moise Keane.

I think we are short of at least one player in every area of the pitch. Think we ideally need one more defender (CB), one midfielder (CM) and one forward, preferably one who can play CF.
Realistically we'll sign one at best.
Not sure why we didn't try to get a loan for someone like Moise Keane.

We have enough bodies in most, if not all, areas (depending on what positions we have in mind for Gil and Sessegnon), it's getting someone better than what we already have that's the tricky part. Was kind of expecting a loan or two without the obligation to buy now that the window is closing, but seems we're struggling to get anyone else out. Considering the wages some are on it's not a big surprise.

Back