• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Agree that he's a good player, and one which I've always liked, but with PEH and Skipp, I'm not sure we need another deep sitting CM.

We need 2 CBs, a RB and a RW before we sign a midfielder in my view and even then I'm not sure it would be one in the Neves mould - I think it would be more of a box to box CM

Think Skipp is a great option but not enough to have a guaranteed start week in week out. Also, PEH will need to be rotated at times through the season, after last season and the Euros.

It feels to me like Gollini, Gil, Romero and Tomiyasu are clear priorities for us and any dealings after that will depend entirely on who else we manage to shift.

I think we can reasonably expect Sissoko, Winks, Sanchez and Aurier to be / have been politely asked to find new clubs and if we manage to shift any of those, it may be one in, one out (although we’re well stocked on CMs).

The interesting one is Kane. We’re missing Vinicius this year - are Scarlett and Son enough cover? Probably not. But I’m not sure we’ll go for a top level striker unless Kane goes. If he does, I think we may end up going for two - Ings and Vlahovic - which may feel counter-intuitive, but it just spreads the responsibility of picking up his prodigious output.

Interesting times!

Out -> Lamela, Toby, Bale, Rose (done), Hart, CCV, Winks, Sanchez, Sissoko, Aurier (likely), Dier, Bergwijn (possible)
In -> Skipp, Sessegnon, Gollini, Gil (done), Romero, CF (likely)

Honestly, if we can just pull off the likely in this window, it's fudging amazing work.

Out -> Lamela, Toby, Bale, Rose (done), Hart, CCV, Winks, Sanchez, Sissoko, Aurier (likely), Dier, Bergwijn (possible)

Honestly, if we can just pull off the likely in this window, it's fudging amazing work.
Yep, it would be a massive hats off to Paratici - and to Levy for recognising his shortcomings and bringing him in. I’m sure he’s still personally handling the Kane deal, mind!

I think Tomiyasu would be a shrewd signing as it would enable either Sanchez or Aurier to go given his flexibility.

We'd need at least one more CB if we shift Dier, Sanchez and Toby...otherwise we just have Romero and Rodon (and Tanganga, unless he's loaned out)

What would count as evidence of that?
Evidence that we plebs are actually likely to receive?

Quite basic actually, when newspapers break some news it is right and we plebs can see it when the club announces a deal. Outside of that it's all speculation. Simple

Quite basic actually, when newspapers break some news it is right and we plebs can see it when the club announces a deal. Outside of that it's all speculation. Simple

So prep work, behind the scenes stuff and negotiations which might all be done at the maximum professional standard...irrelevant until the point at which a deal is announced.
Righto.

Really ? We own Skipp and Sessengnon.

That would be a poor window and leave the squad short at RB. One CB in whilst selling two?

How’s that an amazing Window ? We’d be arguably a weaker side.

If we get Romero and can shift enough players to buy that Fiorentena forward and Tommi, that would be superb.
Think we need two defenders in total.

He's saying one CB in, but THREE out!
I don’t count CCV as he’s never really been involved.

Also no Vinicius as well. I think we need more than Gil , Romero and the GK coming in.

Yes shift the deadwood that will be good I agree there but need replacements.

I don’t count CCV as he’s never really been involved.

You mentioned Dier, Sanchez and Toby leaving in addition to CCV!

I dont mind all of them going, but we'd need more than Romero to come in. I actually think dier will be here next year as I dont see us signing 3 CBs this summer

You mentioned Dier, Sanchez and Toby leaving in addition to CCV!

I dont mind all of them going, but we'd need more than Romero to come in. I actually think dier will be here next year as I dont see us signing 3 CBs this summer

I was replying to a post. That said post was referring to 4 CBS being sold only 1 brought in.

I agree with you we need more than 1 our defence is rubbish.

Back