• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Dragon 1 on COYS re Romero:

not our fault here , every time we get close another interested club comes in and the price goes up 5 million we now have to see how things play out

Hart is celtic bound

All a matter of perspective or bias? City playing it clever in the transfer market while Spurs in disarray.

All playing into Levys strategy of selling high at the last minute and looking for a Rasiak, Frazier Campbell or Booth type signing to replace.

We are not going to be signing a creative midfielder all while we have Ndombele and Lo Celso on the books.
Well that will be a shame , neither have proved they are going to play regularly and be that player. Lo Celso especially he’s not that creative. N’dombele on the other hand immensely talented but somethings missing.

It feels to me like Gollini, Gil, Romero and Tomiyasu are clear priorities for us and any dealings after that will depend entirely on who else we manage to shift.

I think we can reasonably expect Sissoko, Winks, Sanchez and Aurier to be / have been politely asked to find new clubs and if we manage to shift any of those, it may be one in, one out (although we’re well stocked on CMs).

The interesting one is Kane. We’re missing Vinicius this year - are Scarlett and Son enough cover? Probably not. But I’m not sure we’ll go for a top level striker unless Kane goes. If he does, I think we may end up going for two - Ings and Vlahovic - which may feel counter-intuitive, but it just spreads the responsibility of picking up his prodigious output.

Interesting times!

I wish we could get a Ruben Neves in. Good midfielder. Good set pieces.

Agree that he's a good player, and one which I've always liked, but with PEH and Skipp, I'm not sure we need another deep sitting CM.

We need 2 CBs, a RB and a RW before we sign a midfielder in my view and even then I'm not sure it would be one in the Neves mould - I think it would be more of a box to box CM

Back