• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

To be fair, when you've previously earned ?ú30,000 a week and have an extensive property portfolio as a consequence of soundly investing your high earnings, you're probably not going to be tempted by a ?ú90 a week offer. ;)

obviously doesn't need the money , just pure greed - be nice if he and other journey gave something back into the game and perhaps played for these lower league team for passion and pleasure rather than sucking every last bit money they can

40m euro buyout clause apparently though, someone mentioned it in the other thread. Bit out of our range unfortunately.

With Lennon's injury I'm even more tinkled we didn't go for Hoillet or someone similar in Jan, now we just have Bale offering any sort of pace in attack.

40m euro buyout clause apparently though, someone mentioned it in the other thread. Bit out of our range unfortunately.

With Lennon's injury I'm even more tinkled we didn't go for Hoillet or someone similar in Jan, now we just have Bale offering any sort of pace in attack.

I think Hoilett is a must. And then also go for a big marquee signing ala Hazard. If we get him great, if not, we still have a good side.

Hoilett - I am not impressed with AT ALL.

I think now is the time to step it up a bit in terms of transfers in. Now is the time to buy some real quality and not some Hoilett character (I just dont rate him AT ALL). I really would like Kebe from Reading - I just think he is brilliant.

Hoilett - I am not impressed with AT ALL.

I think now is the time to step it up a bit in terms of transfers in. Now is the time to buy some real quality and not some Hoilett character (I just dont rate him AT ALL). I really would like Kebe from Reading - I just think he is brilliant.

seems like our type of guy

[video=youtube;PLxCFwe4r6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLxCFwe4r6Q[/video]

lols. best part about it is the goal straight after

I think Hoilett is a must. And then also go for a big marquee signing ala Hazard. If we get him great, if not, we still have a good side.

Out of interest - where exactly would we fit Toilet? Especially if we (hopefully) land Hazard. I certainly don't think he's good enough to push Lennon out so he'd end up like Rose and Bentley grinding the bench, or waiting for an injury.

Personally I'd like to see all funds committed towards 1-2 marquee signings instead of little bits and pieces here and there. Enough with the Sahas and Nelsens.

Last edited:
Out of interest - where exactly would we fit Toilet? Especially if we (hopefully) land Hazard. I certainly don't think he's good enough to push Lennon out so he'd end up like Rose and Bentley grinding the bench, or waiting for an injury.

Personally I'd like to see all funds committed towards 1-2 marquee signings instead of little bits and pieces here and there. Enough with th Sahas and Nelsens

I agree, but Hoilett's arrival seems far more realistic at this point than two mega signings which, for convenience (and personal preference), I'll call Llorente and Hazard, arriving. Hoilett's free, and he's full of both pace and potential. Hazard and Llorente are both fine footballers, but buying them both is far, far more unlikely than simply picking up Hoilett on a Bosman.

And I don't really see why Hoilett can't fit in. Bale and Lennon are always picking up injuries of one sort or another; given Hoilett's ability to play on both flanks, I'd wager he would see action in perhaps 45 games of a 60-game season with us.

Hoilett wouldn't cost much, I understand his contracts up in the summer, so taking money from transfer funds isn't an issue and bale and Lennon can't play every game, they'd be enough rotation to keep them all fresh (vital for pacy players as it's their main weapon). It's a no brainer signing IMO.

Hoilett wouldn't cost much, I understand his contracts up in the summer, so taking money from transfer funds isn't an issue and bale and Lennon can't play every game, they'd be enough rotation to keep them all fresh (vital for pacy players as it's their main weapon). It's a no brainer signing IMO.

So why aren't Gio, Rose or even Bentley (Krunchie to a lesser degree) part of this 'rotation'?

Even if he costs little in terms of transfer fees he wouldn't exactly play for free so loading our wage structure with another bench player looks odd to me considering the lengths we went to getting rid of cloggers and dead wood last August

Last edited:
So why aren't Gio, Rose or even Bentley (Krunchie to a lesser degree) part of this 'rotation'?

Even if he costs little in terms of transfer fees he wouldn't exactly play for free so loading our wage structure with another bench player looks odd to me considering the lengths we went to getting rid of cloggers and dead wood last August

I have to agree, we need to buy players who can start for us not ones that just add salary covering positions where we already have cover. Unless Gio, Bentley and Rose (and also Krancjar and Pienaar) all go in the summer then we don't need Hoillett.

When we finish 3rd and get CL football we won't have the problem of gettign the marquee signings we need.

Personally I'd like to see all funds committed towards 1-2 marquee signings instead of little bits and pieces here and there. Enough with the Sahas and Nelsens.

This ideally, especially since we (should) have the attraction of Champions League football to entice signings next season. We should be aiming to sign players who keep our current first team players on their toes rather than utility players who they know are just there to cover for them, like Pienaar.

Because their not good enough.

Hoilett isn't going to be on 100k a week, more likely 50 than 100. You also can't be dead wood if your playing about 30 odd games a season!

I think it's just a case you don't rate him, which is fair enough, but for anyone who does rate him this is a common sense signing.

I have to agree, we need to buy players who can start for us not ones that just add salary covering positions where we already have cover. Unless Gio, Bentley and Rose (and also Krancjar and Pienaar) all go in the summer then we don't need Hoillett.

When we finish 3rd and get CL football we won't have the problem of gettign the marquee signings we need.

I'm just sick to fcuking death being linked with infinitely average players whose ratings have suddenly risen following 2 half-decent outtings and 3 succesful dribbles against bottom 5 clubs.

- Rodallega
- Odemwinge
- Toilet
- Dempsey
- Samba (ok one, I suppose but nothing more)
- Zamora
- etc.

Everyone is going off about building for the future, improving the overall squad quality, long term vision, consistent CL participaltion, etc. - then how on earth can we go on to mention players of the above calibre in the very next sentence?

Enough with the short-term stop gaps, semi-retired crocks on a wheller-dealer, deadline day late night special. Enough with buying players because the media fabricate flimflam no-quote stories, agents whoring their dead meat and mis-informed decisions.

We need to make a statement both in terms of the PL table (so far so good) and in the transfer market. I'd be infinitely happy if we only sign 1 (one) player this summer but of exceptional quality, even if he costs 30m. Hell, we've now been saving our lunch money for nearly 2 years! Send a message out there we're not some 2-bob clown club who made the CL by mistake and hopefully initiate a cycle of attracting higher calibre players. The fact the likes of Hazard (and to a lesser degree Daimaio (sp)) are mentioning us speaks volumes. Now let's not go and kock it up with another ill-prepared visionless transfer window.

Last edited:
Because their not good enough.

Hoilett isn't going to be on 100k a week, more likely 50 than 100. You also can't be dead wood if your playing about 30 odd games a season!

I think it's just a case you don't rate him, which is fair enough, but for anyone who does rate him this is a common sense signing.

He's playing 30 odd games a seaosn in a relegation battling team.

So is Rodallega. So is Ngog.

Put Rose and Gio in a similar context and they'll do much, much better, I'm willing to bet on that

Last edited:
I'm just to fcuking death being linked with infinitely average players whose ratings have suddenly risen following 2 half-decent outtings and 3 succesfuk dribbles against bottom 5 clubs.

- Rodallega
- Odemwinge
- Toilet
- Dempsey
- Samba
- Zamora
- etc.
Thank you! Johan Elmander scored goal of the month, maybe he's worth a punt?

Thank you! Johan Elmander scored goal of the month, maybe he's worth a punt?

It goes back to the subconcious media infulence I mentioned yesterday in the Barca toss-off fest. MotD special

The movie 'Inception' as flawed as it can be - can be interpreted in many contexts ;)

Only lower profile signing I'd personally consider would be Fulham's Dembele who's been head and shoulders above his fellow midfielders for quite some time now. Sadly, I doubt Jol would deal with us.

I'm just to fcuking death being linked with infinitely average players whose ratings have suddenly risen following 2 half-decent outtings and 3 succesful dribbles against bottom 5 clubs.

- Rodallega
- Odemwinge
- Toilet
- Dempsey
- Samba (ok one, I suppose but nothing more)
- Zamora
- etc.

Everyone is going off about building for the future, improving the overall squad quality, long term vision, consistent CL participaltion, etc. - then how on earth can we go on to mention players of the above calibre in the very next sentence?

Enough with the short-terms stop gaps, semi-retired crocks on a wheller-dealer, deadline day late night special. Enough with buying players because the media fabricate flimflam no-quote stories, agents whoring their dead meat and mis-informed decisions.

We need to make a statement both in terms of the PL table (so far so good) and in the transfer market. I'd be infinitely happy if we only sign 1 (one) player this summer but of exceptional quality, even if he costs 30m. Hell, we've now been saving our lunch money for nearly 2 years! Send a message out there we're not some 2-bob clown club who made the CL by mistake and hopefully initiate a cycle of attracting higher calibre players. The fact the likes of Hazard (and to a lesser degree Daimaio (sp)) are mentioning us speaks volumes. Now let's not go and kock it up with another ill-prepared visionless transfer window.

A higher class of benchwarmer, so to speak. Like I said, I'll shoot my load a hundred times over if we sign Hazard or Llorente. But it's unlikely. Ergo, I am subconsciously conditioning myself by arguing on behalf of the types of players you list. They're not all bad, some good 'uns in there, potential, etcetera, etcetera. Consider it a peculiar Tottenham trait; after all, from Zidane to Ronaldo to Morientes, we are the masters of hyping a signing up and then failing miserable to secure him, so can you blame me for being cautious?

Back