• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

The 30 odd game comment was about how many appearances in all comps I think he'd get at Spurs if we signed him as a Champs League club. You don't rate Hoillett higher than Rose or Gio for a wide midfielder place, that's fair enough, I personally think that's pretty mental, but I can see your on one the last couple of days ! :lol: It's entertaining.

He'll get as many appearances as Rose and Gio this year have if not even less considering in the CL we'd play our strongest team unlike in the Europa Lague. So it's FA Cup (early stages) and Carling Cup games mostly. Unless we're down with major injuries. As I said - don't think he can dislodge Lennon nor Bale (lol). So he'd be another Rose.

Final point, we'd all love to sign Hazard, but upgrading the squad (Hoillett for Bentley and Gio) with players who might actually play, would cost less than half the wages and would create a profit on transfers, should not hinder any chance of that happening.

Swapping Bentley with Hoillet is simply improving (marginally) our squad depth so it's minimal upgrade as far as our first team goes.

Upgrading with Hazard would be of much higher magnitude as he would (most likely) walk into our first team and be a starter due to his sheer quality. So for a few more bob in wages we have an exponentially better option. And that would be my personal preference instead of another Nelsen or Saha which were meant to be upgrades on subs such as Bassong and Pav.

Hoilett would play a hell of a lot more than Rose (LB), Dos Santos (Cack) and Kranjcar/Bentley (no pace) because he can actually play on the wing.

He is a natural fit to come in and replace Bale or Lennon without changing the system.

Not all top players start at top clubs, and you do him a great diservice in this thread.

This boy has a lot of potential, he is one of the best dribblers in the league, very positive and composed in his passing, a very clever player and versatile too - in our squad I believe he could improve a great deal and be of real value.

Dont forget Bayern were after him in Jan and they certainly know a decent player when they see one.

Considering he would be very cheap (on a bosman but subect to compensation) its a no brainer.

- Quality player Check
- Cheap Check
- Will allow us to offload 3 squad players Check
- Will better the squad while saving funds for major signings Check
- Can improve a massive amount as per buying policy Check

He'd rotate with Lennon and bale keeping those 2 fresh, so we'd always have at least 1 of bale or Lennon on the pitch. Rose, Gio or Bentley do not do that, because they're not capable of doing it.

I don't understand your point about hazard, do you think I don't want him or think hoilett is better or something?

- Quality player - Check

You disagre with me? Shocker there

He most certainly is not a quality player but someone who's had a few good games for the mighty Blackburn Rovers and subsequent media tossfest. Potential would be more accurate of a description.

- Cheap - Check

Would still be paid wages - probably half of a good signing's wages.

- Will allow us to offload 3 squad players - Check

Aboslutely zero logic or evidence to suggest if we buy - automatically 3 players would leave our squad. That is speculative at best.

Will better the squad while saving funds for major signings - Check

We marginally better our bench - our first 11 are still the same. Exhibit A - Saha. Exhibit B - Nelsen

You are still missing the point of buying one great player instead of 3 average bench options - which is exactly our problem at the moment.

Last edited:
He'd rotate with Lennon and bale keeping those 2 fresh, so we'd always have at least 1 of bale or Lennon on the pitch. Rose, Gio or Bentley do not do that, because they're not capable of doing it.

Exactly in which games have we rested a fit Bale this season other than in some of the cup ties? He's an automatic starter 10/10 times if fit and would feature in most of our games this season.

And if we want to push Lennon (fair enough) then Hazard is that player not Toilet who would be what Nelsen is to Kaboul a spare wheel and always option 2

Why do you think it will stop us buying hazard? The opposite if anything, it means we can offload Bentley and Gio, make money on wages, transfer fees and create an extra squad place!

Hoilett would be better backup than we have at the moment for the next time Lennon does his hamstring, for not a great deal of money, and I could see it being the sort of deal Harry and Levy could agree on.

i say Lennon should become our Hoillet and we buy big to replace Lennon..... Hazard, Afellay, Krasic etc take yer pick

Hoilett would be better backup than we have at the moment for the next time Lennon does his hamstring, for not a great deal of money, and I could see it being the sort of deal Harry and Levy could agree on.

And this is exactly the kind of flimflam cheap overhyped brick player deal we don't need

Instead we can opt for someone who actually improves the starting 11 not the Next Gen squad. How is that for a crazy idea for a team looking to be regular CL participant. fudge me.

And this is exactly the kind of flimflam cheap overhyped brick player deal we don't need

Instead we can opt for someone who actually improves the starting 11 not the Next Gen squad. How is that for a crazy idea for a team looking to be regular CL participant. fudge me.

One doesn't necessarily exclude the other. You don't think better backup for a player who is regularly injured is a good idea?

As I added, one doesn't necessarily exclude the other.

Of course, but would find it rather odd having Hazard, Lennon and Hoillet all competing for a single spot most of the time. So if Hoilett would mean missing out on Hazard becuse it's a cheapie Arry kind of tune, then I'd be massively disappointed. Similiar to buying aftermarket parts to fix your motor. Looks more or less the same and would probably fit but quality wise will never match

You disagre with me? Shocker there

I agree with you when I think you are right, I disagree with you when I think you are wrong. Same as anybody else, its nothing personal - despite your obvious attempt to manouvre that way.

He most certainly is not a quality player but someone who's had a few good games for the mighty Blackburn Rovers and subsequent media tossfest. Potential would be more accurate of a description.

I believe he is a quality player, although that depends on your definition of quality. And he does indeed hold a great deal of potential as well. Right now he is playing at a very decent standard, above that which his teams position suggests.

Would still be paid wages - probably half of a good signing's wages.

So would any player we buy - genuinely dont see the point in this statement. Players come, players go - they all get paid. But...

Aboslutely zero logic or evidence to suggest if we buy - automatically 3 players would leave our squad. That is speculative at best.

...If he did replace 3 players in the squad I would suggest his aquisition would SAVE us money on the wage bill, if thats your concern.

By the way, I did not suggest we would automatically sell 3 players if we brought him. Please do not misinterpret my posts to construct straw man arguments.

I said buying him could ALLOW us to shift 3 players from the squad. If we had Hoilett conceivably we could lose Bentley, Kranjcar and Dos Santos without feeling the squad has been left short.

We marginally better our bench - our first 11 are still the same. Exhibit A - Saha. Exhibit B - Nelsen

I would suggest we greatly better our bench, and allow for genuine squad rotation in attacking areas.
Take Wednesdays game, had be brough Hoilett in Jan I strongly suspect Bale would not have had to play 90 minutes against League 1 opposition. Lennon as well, he clearly isnt right, we could have had a more strategic approach to easing him if we had a capable winger as an alternative option.

You are still missing the point of buying one great player instead of 3 average bench options - which is exactly our problem at the moment.

No, I am not. More straw man arguments from you. I have barely even commented on your desire for marquee buys, only your rather harsh comments on Hoilett.

All I have said in relation to a great player, is that the signing of the likes of Hoilett can help facilitate that.

For example, Hoilett comes in for next to nothing, and allows us to actually profit (in wages and fees) by letting 3 players go. Allows us to free up 2 squad places. Offers us solid cover, a little extra lee way in the wage bill and possibly even a few million towards transfers.

All in all its the kind of "cleaning house" move that can allow for big buys with big wages to come in.

I believe he is a quality player, although that depends on your definition of quality. And he does indeed hold a great deal of potential as well. Right now he is playing at a very decent standard, above that which his teams position suggests.

David Villa is a quality player. So is Thomas Mueller. Hoilett is someone who can potentially be good but at this point in time is no better than Nathan Dyer who has in fact outscored him (and in my opinion outclassed him) this season.

For example, Hoilett comes in for next to nothing, and allows us to actually profit (in wages and fees) by letting 3 players go. Allows us to free up 2 squad places. Offers us solid cover, a little extra lee way in the wage bill and possibly even a few million towards transfers.

All in all its the kind of "cleaning house" move that can allow for big buys with big wages to come in.

There are 2 fundamental problems with that argument

- we cannot gaurantee 3 players would leave in the summer based on Holiett's arrival. That is a very vague assumption or in your words - straw man. Look at Bentley and Gio for example.

- buying Hoilett would pretty much kill off any chance of landing Hazard since Levy or Arry would not have 3 players competing for 1 spot and obviously opt for the cheaper/bricker option. Much like Liverpool went for 'potential' signings last time around in terms of Henderson and Downing. While others ended up with Silva, Romelu and Mata.

I think I'd rather have Hoillet than Hazard to be honest, as Nayim said, the move could bring in funds from Niko Gio and Bentley and get another player that our game is so dependant on, pacy wingers that get you on the edge of your seat.

It doesn't make sense to spend such a huge amount of money on an area of our team that is so strong already, need to address the centre forward and centre back positions and we need all the funds we can get to strengthen those.

Having said that I obviously wouldn't complain if we got Hazard in as he is obviously a very exciting talent, have a feeling it would develop in to a square peg round hole situation though.

I would suggest we greatly better our bench, and allow for genuine squad rotation in attacking areas.
Take Wednesdays game, had be brough Hoilett in Jan I strongly suspect Bale would not have had to play 90 minutes against League 1 opposition. Lennon as well, he clearly isnt right, we could have had a more strategic approach to easing him if we had a capable winger as an alternative option.

You said the exact same thing when Nelsen and Saha arrived and to be honest I still cannot see it. Both are still 3rd choice for their respective spots and still nowhere near the quality needed for our first 11.

Our squad quality should be directly related to our objective and goals. And it that is to be competing in the CL on a regular basis and even push for the title -then we need to aim higher than that, imho. Much, much higher

ARCEY - fudgeIN LOVE YOU DUDE.

I agree I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BUYING OVERHYPED ONE SEASON WONDERS (Toilet wasnt even a fudgein wonder). I want real quality our squad needs some real quality added to it to take us into that next level. It all depends if we finish third or fourth or even in CL but we needs a group of 16 first team players and the rest i.e. the remaining nine could be back ups.

Hoilett is not a patch on Lennon and Bale and if either are injured we will have a brick player to play. Sorry but fudge no. I would rather have KEBE KEBE KEBE

Back