• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

TOTTENHAM have promised Harry Redknapp a new three-year contract to stop him becoming England BOSS ÔÇö but it may already be too late.

Spurs are so desperate to prevent their manager replacing Fabio Capello, they have pledged a new deal until 2015.

But the club also faces a triple nightmare with Redknapp determined to take his right-hand men ÔÇö Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond ÔÇö with him if he accepts the England job.

Concerns are mounting within FA circles that it will already cost ?ú5million in compensation just to drag Redknapp away.

In fact, Pep Guardiola's name is already being whispered among senior FA officials, who are aware the Barcelona boss has yet to sign a new deal.

Redknapp, currently on ?ú3.1m-a-year, stressed ahead of today's crunch clash with Arsenal that the FA have yet to call.

His current deal expires in June 2013 and has a ?ú5m release clause.

The signing of a new deal ÔÇö with a salary in excess of ?ú4m plus big bonuses ÔÇö would mean Spurs could up the compensation to ?ú10m.

Redknapp remains torn between the lure of managing England and staying at Spurs to continue his remarkable rebuilding job.

He took over the club when they were rock bottom of the Premier League in October 2008. They are now third and on the verge of a second Champions League campaign.

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4154235/Spurs-fight-for-Harry-with-new-deal.html

'Hulk targeted by Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has hinted that Porto striker Hulk could be one of his top summer transfer targets.
The Brazilian, 25, who has a ?ú84m release clause, helped Porto win four trophies for Villas-Boas last term.
The Blues may need to bolster their attack with Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou out of contract in the summer.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17185843

Just what we need.. another diving striker playing in the premiership..

Is this the worst rumour ever? :-s

TOTTENHAM BOSS HARRY REDKNAPP WANTS THEO WALCOTT

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is desperate to manage Theo Walcott again

HARRY REDKNAPP is desperate to manage Theo Walcott again – for Tottenham or England.

Walcott, who scored two goals against Spurs for Arsenal on Sunday, is out of contract in 2013.

That could force Arsenal to sell England winger Walcott in the summer and Redknapp, who gave him his debut at 16 when manager of Southampton, is among a host of bosses monitoring the situation. A close friend of Redknapp told the Daily Express: “Harry loves Theo. He would love to manage him again for Spurs or England.”

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will offer Redknapp a new contract to keep him and will also sanction a ?ú10 million bid for Walcott, 22, for whom Spurs made an approach last summer.

If Redknapp takes the England job, he will pinpoint Walcott as one of his key players.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/304928/Tottenham-boss-Harry-Redknapp-wants-Theo-Walcott

Those two goals will get Walcott a new deal at Arsenal and the media will still refer to him as some form of love child of Pele and Usain Bolt for at least another season. He'll be brick at the euros, but there will be plenty of other spacegoats there.

walcott for tottenham hahaha fudge off no thanks would rather moses from wigan although

MASON BENNETT is the future and he is the one we should sign.

Vertonghen open to Spurs move

Belgian stopper keen to play in the Premier League

Last Updated: February 27, 2012 9:00am

Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen has voiced his desire to play in the Premier League and has described reported suitors Tottenham as an 'amazing club'.

The Belgium international, who is thought to be on the radar of several English sides, is out of contract in Amsterdam next summer and is yet to extend his deal.

Spurs are believed to be frontrunners for his signature after manager Harry Redknapp attended Ajax's Europa League trip to Manchester United last Thursday.

Target

The 24-year-old, also a reported target of Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, would welcome a move to White Hart Lane - or any top Premier League club.

"I think Tottenham are an amazing club and you see how well they are doing this season," Vertonghen told Goal.com.

"They are in the top three in England and that's where I want to play.

"I can't say anything about whether there has been contact about a transfer but I think my game can be suited to English football.

"I love the atmosphere and it has the best players in the world, it breathes football. It's one of my goals to play in the best leagues and against the best players. It's the only competition I watch apart from Barcelona."

Vertonghen has revealed some of his international team-mates have tried to sway him towards a Premier League move, with Emirates Marketing Project captain Vincent Kompany and Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen among the Belgian players plying their trade in the English top flight.

"A lot of my colleagues from the national team play here and some are calling me to come," he added.

"It's a beautiful competition, the best in my opinion. I hope one day I can play in the Premier League with this atmosphere.

"To play for a team in the Premier League would be amazing and that's what I am going for.

"It's flattering to be linked with clubs, the rumours give me confidence but I just try to do my best every game."

Eriksen

Vertonghen's young Ajax team-mate Christian Eriksen has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, with Manchester United thought to be interested, but the defender believes he would benefit from another season in Holland.

"Maybe for Christian it's better to stay one more year and he can learn something, be the leader in the field for Ajax one day," added Vertonghen. "I hope he stays one more year at least.

"Christian is a clever guy and he will leave at the right moment."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7550920/Vertonghen-open-to-Spurs-move

I remember when Arshavin, Chamakh and Mertesacker were each individually going to be massive and were massive steals from other leagues.

Back