• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

VDV - Vertonghen deal close
Midfielder urges Belgian to join him at Spurs

Tottenham are leading the race to sign Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen, according to Spurs midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.

The Belgium international's agent previously claimed Spurs had made an approach, but manager Harry Redknapp denied talks had taken place.

However, Redknapp did confirm his interest in the 25-year-old, who has a year to run on his Ajax deal but is expected to depart Amsterdam in the summer.

Vertonghen has made no secret of his admiration for both Tottenham and North London rivals Arsenal, while Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool have also been linked with the centre-back.

Dutchman Van der Vaart, who came through the youth ranks at Ajax a few years ahead of the Belgian, claims Spurs are frontrunners for his signature, with the stopper thought to be worth around ?ú8million.

He is quoted as saying by The Sun: "Spurs asked me about him. If he's sensible, he will opt to join us."

The 29-year-old midfielder added in the Sunday People: "I hope Jan comes to Tottenham.

"As far as I know the deal is close to being done."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7734778/

You've gotta think VDV will be in his ear when they meet up for the Euros.

We need to get it done and dusted before the euros really.

I do feel with this one we will get him though as the noise started in January, I think we almost signed him then but he was persuaded to stay till summer to seal title.

I wouldnt want Ba or Cisse to be honest. BA had faded 2nd half of season, cant remember him scoring. Cisse has done great but its only been half a season, see how he does next season.

Redknapp will want Berbatov, Levy will object, the stalemate will drag on till the end of the window, we will sign Kanoute with seconds to go

Redknapp will want Berbatov, Levy will object, the stalemate will drag on till the end of the window, we will sign Kanoute with seconds to go

Redknapp will want Drogba, Levy will object, the stalemate will drag on till the end of the window, we will sign Kevin Davies with seconds to go

Fixed

I wouldnt want Ba or Cisse to be honest. BA had faded 2nd half of season, cant remember him scoring. Cisse has done great but its only been half a season, see how he does next season.

Ba 'faded' because he was stuck on the sides while Cisse has played primary striker.
Of course, the difficulty in scouting a player is whether he will play well for your team, especially those that play in different leagues. What you can't deny now is that Cisse is in great form and scoring goals. You could even argue that there's the potential that he'd play even better next season, so yes, the jury is still out ;)

Back