• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Does anyone on here have any first hand knowledge in terms of watching Javi Marquez from Espanyol? Heard him being talked up tonight even though he is out of favour. Guillem Balague has also mentioned him before - anyone know what he is like?

Thought he was a creative deep-lying CM but might be wrong

Am I the only one who thinks that we should try to get our hands on Pepe Reina? I know he's settled at Liverpoo but if we're looking for the man to replace Big Bad Brad, then he's proven in the PL, very experienced but still has years left in him and is playing for a club which hasnt played in the CL for a few years and realisitcally isnt like to for at least a couple more. Granted they wont want to sell but if we get in the CL, put a fat offer on the table and Harry does he usual tactic of leaking his interest to the press then you never know. He's by the far the best gettable GK who has done it in the PL before

THere should also be limited competition for him as Barca and Real as fine re GKs, as are ManUre, ManC, Cheatski.

Most over rated keeper ever? When Gomes was making the quantity and type of mistakes Reina has made over the last two years he was being crucified. Under Rafa Liverpool were dull, but defensively solid. Therefore Reina wasn't exposed as much. Now he is more exposed, he has been found out to be a decent keeper but nothing extraordinary.

Most over rated keeper ever? When Gomes was making the quantity and type of mistakes Reina has made over the last two years he was being crucified. Under Rafa Liverpool were dull, but defensively solid. Therefore Reina wasn't exposed as much. Now he is more exposed, he has been found out to be a decent keeper but nothing extraordinary.

Im not even sure he is decent the press seem to be covering for him compared to gomes. Funny that someone should mention him because watching the game today he spilled the ball so many times if it had been an english goal keeper they would have slaughtered him, robinson and green were never allowed to get away with that, not that i think robinson or green were any good but it should be noted that reina aint a whole lot better.

PSG want Emirates Marketing Project striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

The wealthy French club are prepared to meet his ?ú170,000-a-week wages ÔÇô but only if City will accept a bid of ?ú12million.

City paid more than double that for Adebayor, who has spent the season on loan at Tottenhan.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp would like the former Arsenal front man on a permanent basis. But it is thought the White Hart Lane club canÔÇÖt afford the total package.

Italian clubs Juventus and AC Milan have also expressed interest in the Togo striker but the strongest interest is coming from PSG ÔÇô where former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is in charge.

PSG were keen on Adebayor, 28, before he made his loan move to Tottenham.

They have also been eyeing another City striker ÔÇô Carlos Tevez ÔÇô but Adebayor is now seen as a more obtainable target.

Adebayor is good but he is not ?ú12m plus ?ú170k a week good. We cannot and should not compete with bids like that, if indeed it is genuine and not just paper talk.

Adebayor is good but he is not ?ú12m plus ?ú170k a week good. We cannot and should not compete with bids like that, if indeed it is genuine and not just paper talk.

Agreed. Comparitive to our wage structure Ade is at tops a ?ú60K a week striker and if we pay anymore than ?ú15m for him we are mugs.

Agreed. Comparitive to our wage structure Ade is at tops a ?ú60K a week striker and if we pay anymore than ?ú15m for him we are mugs.

While I dont disagree, I dont see better (affordable) options, so it then becomes a case of taking the lesser of two evils.

I dont believe we would pay Adebayor ?ú170k at all, but that we would pay him in line with our top earners supplemented by a signing on bonus (courtesy of City!) which I find much more palatable.

Adebayor has his faults, no question - not least the fact he shoots like a school girl, but... He has been so fantastic for our all round play at this moment I think he is the best we can get.

Considering he has transformed our attacking play, holding the ball up, bringing others in, getting a respectable amount of goals and a fantastic amount of assists... a simple game - who can we get to offer all that AND more?

Honestly Im stumped.

This. I think he has gone backwards in the last 2 seasons. As mentioned, his mistakes seemed to be glossed over,unlike those of a couple recent Spurs keepers

Was he ever that good? In a Liverpool side that was uber-defensive he had little exposure. These days they are more open, and he is being revealed IMO.

While I dont disagree, I dont see better (affordable) options, so it then becomes a case of taking the lesser of two evils.

I dont believe we would pay Adebayor ?ú170k at all, but that we would pay him in line with our top earners supplemented by a signing on bonus (courtesy of City!) which I find much more palatable.

Adebayor has his faults, no question - not least the fact he shoots like a school girl, but... He has been so fantastic for our all round play at this moment I think he is the best we can get.

Considering he has transformed our attacking play, holding the ball up, bringing others in, getting a respectable amount of goals and a fantastic amount of assists... a simple game - who can we get to offer all that AND more?

Honestly Im stumped.

If we can sign him for less than ?ú15m and fit him within our wage structure, then I am all for it. If there are signing on bonuses to cover lost earning then we should not pay it because otherwise our other top earners will be seeking similar sweeteners. The chances of Emirates Marketing Project stumping up cash to offload Adebayor are greatly reduced though if there is competition for his signature, even more so if the competition comes from a cash rich club like PSG.

I agree RE competition, but we have seen in the past player power is at its most effective here.

It was reported in Jan city would either pay Ade a lump sum to supplement his wages here, or we would pay a reduced fee in order to do the same. Given that we did simliar with Davids, and had clubs playing a % of wages on the likes of Keane and Woodgate I dont think its an unbelievable prospect.

And the point remains - who is available that offers us either
A) What Ade does (straight replacement), or
B) What Ade does and more (or better)?

VDV - Vertonghen deal close
Midfielder urges Belgian to join him at Spurs

Tottenham are leading the race to sign Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen, according to Spurs midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.

The Belgium international's agent previously claimed Spurs had made an approach, but manager Harry Redknapp denied talks had taken place.

However, Redknapp did confirm his interest in the 25-year-old, who has a year to run on his Ajax deal but is expected to depart Amsterdam in the summer.

Vertonghen has made no secret of his admiration for both Tottenham and North London rivals Arsenal, while Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool have also been linked with the centre-back.

Dutchman Van der Vaart, who came through the youth ranks at Ajax a few years ahead of the Belgian, claims Spurs are frontrunners for his signature, with the stopper thought to be worth around ?ú8million.

He is quoted as saying by The Sun: "Spurs asked me about him. If he's sensible, he will opt to join us."

The 29-year-old midfielder added in the Sunday People: "I hope Jan comes to Tottenham.

"As far as I know the deal is close to being done."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7734778/

I agree RE competition, but we have seen in the past player power is at its most effective here.

It was reported in Jan city would either pay Ade a lump sum to supplement his wages here, or we would pay a reduced fee in order to do the same. Given that we did simliar with Davids, and had clubs playing a % of wages on the likes of Keane and Woodgate I dont think its an unbelievable prospect.

And the point remains - who is available that offers us either
A) What Ade does (straight replacement), or
B) What Ade does and more (or better)?

I think that Adebayor's main motivation is money and if PSG put more on the table then he will favour going there. Emirates Marketing Project will not offer Ade a lump sum unless they have to and if PSG will pay a higher transfer fee and higher wages and not expect Emirates Marketing Project to subsidise it, then he will probably go there.

I agree that we will probably struggle to sign someone better unless we really hit lucky with a wild card signing.

Vertonghen: Tottenham are not my only option

The Ajax skipper has stated that a number of clubs are interest in signing him, and the defender seems to favour a move to the Premier League

Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen has admitted that a transfer to Tottenham Hotspur is an option for him, but stressed that he has a number of alternatives.

The Premier League side opened talks with Ajax about a summer move earlier in May, but Spurs face stiff competition in the race for Vertonghen's signature.

"I have to make a choice. There's something going on with Tottenham, but there are more clubs interested in signing me," Vertonghen said to NUsport.

"The most important thing for me is that I get regular playing time. Plus I need a stable environment.

"More and more clubs in England seem to realise that you can go a long way with 'good football'. Arsenal started with it, and teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Tottenham and Emirates Marketing Project are playing good football as well now."

Vertonghen has a contract with Ajax until June 2013, but is widely expected to leave the Eredivisie champions this summer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/net...2/vertonghen-tottenham-are-not-my-only-option

Back