• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

The price was never the issue with Musacchio, the third party ownership was. Hopefully we just told Villareal to sort all that mess out and we'd reconvene in January. Him signing a contract could be a step in this simplification process.

And therein lies the rub, because of the third party ownership price was the issue. I think Villareal are happy to keep him and I simply do not see us getting him in January. I think Southampton should have proved to you that we are not big enough, rich enough or attractive enough to always get player we want what we want

By January we will probably have Walker back and also maybe also Yedlin so Dier will be playing as a centre back. That leaves us with the following centre backs

Verts
Kaboul
Fazio
Dier
Vlad

Do do you honestly think Levy is going to sign more cheques for another centre back with that lot?

We should snap up Deli Alli from MK Dons, it will add to our home grown numbers, plus the kids got something.

With all the MK Dons ground share rumours perhaps we can use that 'special relationship' to bag us Alli. Of course it could turn out to be another Bostock once we get our hands on him, after all we have a history of ruining talent.

I still think we only need one signing in January and that's a AMC that can play AML.

Who would this guy replace? I mean Kane is struggling to get in, and noone can agree on who to replace him with out of the 3 AMs (I suppose you could argue just put him in instead of Ade but I dont think he's as good). Chadli, Lamella and Eriksen all have considerable merits (on current form Lamella is easily the weakest of the three) and now Soldado has cropped up as a potential for one of the AM spots....

And therein lies the rub, because of the third party ownership price was the issue. I think Villareal are happy to keep him and I simply do not see us getting him in January. I think Southampton should have proved to you that we are not big enough, rich enough or attractive enough to always get player we want what we want

By January we will probably have Walker back and also maybe also Yedlin so Dier will be playing as a centre back. That leaves us with the following centre backs

Verts
Kaboul
Fazio
Dier
Vlad

Do do you honestly think Levy is going to sign more cheques for another centre back with that lot?

Rodriguez has a short contract which he is running down, which puts Southampton in a weaker position cf Schneiderlin. Villareal are far from a rich club and will sell for a sensible price. Third party ownership is now being banned (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29373456), so that'll crash the market and cause a big rush to sell up

I don't think Yedlin will come till next summer (when presumably Naughton will move on).

Personally I'd bring Moreno or Mussachio in for Chiriches. But then we should also recognise that Kaboul is out of contract/will be released in the summer, so drops right down to 5th choice/injury cover for the last 4-5 months. That will leave us next season with an excellent quartet.

I still think we only need one signing in January and that's a AMC that can play AML.

Basically Eriksen cover? Any names to suggest?

Maybe if we shift Paulinho we'll recall Holtby

We need two things to add to the team in January

- Goals
- Pace

1 player/2 players, wide, AM, Striker, doesn't matter how, just those two attributes

I said from the summer that a deep lying playmaker was NOT what we needed rather a AMC that can actually dribble with the ball and drive forward (someone like Coutinho). I also think it would be great if this player was able to play AML too.

If we look at things a little closer...none of our current lot have looked particularly good playing that AMC role (apart from Kane and his performances have been in cup games...and tbh i see him as a striker not a AMC). Eriksen's best position is clearly on the left of the three, Lamela maybe but again inconsistent, Chadli is better in one of the wide positions imo (on the right tbh). Soldado might be able to...but long term? nah.

We need an AMC like Coutinho..like Diego. Thuvian looked like a good link if it had come off (haven't seen him play...just purely from reading about him)

Lamela/Chadli---------------________________---------------------Eriksen

-----------------------------------Striker--------------------------------------

That's the position we need...a game changer.

I don't recall Chadli ever playing on the right for us KD - he played on the left at his previous club as well - bit of a stretch to say he is more suited to a position he's rarely played (if at all)

It could solve a few problems if he could play there though.

I don't recall Chadli ever playing on the right for us KD - he played on the left at his previous club as well - bit of a stretch to say he is more suited to a position he's rarely played (if at all)

I cant remember if he did or not in the first half, but he definitely looked threatening in the second half on the right a few times against Villa.

Whether he was there all half or not I don't really know....

Would Jay Rodgriguez count as someone who adds goals, pace as well as being someone who can play AML and AMC?

AML and CF, but otherwise yes.

I said from the summer that a deep lying playmaker was NOT what we needed rather a AMC that can actually dribble with the ball and drive forward (someone like Coutinho). I also think it would be great if this player was able to play AML too.

If we look at things a little closer...none of our current lot have looked particularly good playing that AMC role (apart from Kane and his performances have been in cup games...and tbh i see him as a striker not a AMC). Eriksen's best position is clearly on the left of the three, Lamela maybe but again inconsistent, Chadli is better in one of the wide positions imo (on the right tbh). Soldado might be able to...but long term? nah.

We need an AMC like Coutinho..like Diego. Thuvian looked like a good link if it had come off (haven't seen him play...just purely from reading about him)

Lamela/Chadli---------------________________---------------------Eriksen

-----------------------------------Striker--------------------------------------

That's the position we need...a game changer.

Do you not think Eriksen will mature into that role? Remember vdV (not just Modric) often played out left at a similar stage in his career.

Personally I like the way Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane have been combining in as the trio of AMs. They are not necessarily standing out as individuals, but as a unit they are starting to combine effectively.

I think that's the way the game is going too - effective (offensive) systems are trumping individual playmakers. Look at the WC where the Ronaldos and Neymars flopped, Messi was shackled to his team's system, while the German, Chilean and Colombian teams succeeded through their organised team attacking.

He has played on the right for us and looked effective.

I was going to check the goals thread but gifs don't show on my phone - shouldn't have trusted my memory

I remember seeing Chadli score from the right (can't remember which game(s)), but when I looked up the heat maps he was mostly on the left.

Chadli come on right midfield in Sherwoods first ever league game and ripped their left back apart.

I think he could look great there but I don't see him cutting in on his left foot and I'm not sure poch wants orthodox wingers.

Back