• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

There are probably now about 200,000 reasons a week why we couldn't sign Cabaye. I think once a player has made a big money move to PSG then they will be out of our price range wage wise.

I would've loved to have signed Schneiderlin last Summer as I would've given Pochettino a key player who already knew how to play in his system, at that time he was worth spending over the odds for. However now that period has been and gone I'm not sure that it is worth us spending the sort of over inflated fee Southampton would demand for him. Especially with it being so necessary for us to go out and spend money on a proper centre forward.

200k. Wow is he on that much? Certainly not worth that. His moves are probably limited to the oil funded clubs now.

We need to go for players that will make a difference and actually scare the opposition by being direct aswell as well as having a brain.

Nathan Redmond
A Tevez type forward (no i am not suggesting we can get Tevez)
And a playmaking CM, a Gundogan type (again not suggesting we can get him)

If we could get 3 players like that then we would not be far off being as good as we were in Arry's last season.

We need to go for players that will make a difference and actually scare the opposition by being direct aswell as well as having a brain.

Nathan Redmond
A Tevez type forward (no i am not suggesting we can get Tevez)
And a playmaking CM, a Gundogan type (again not suggesting we can get him)

If we could get 3 players like that then we would not be far off being as good as we were in Arry's last season.

Why get someone who's no better than anyone we already have?

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

He's good. I like him too. Who would you pick over him and Scneiderlin given the choice?

I'd still lean towards the later considering he is a Poch acolyte already.

Im not sure i have seen enough of them both to say - were in not for the Poch influence i think id err towards Cabaye - mainly for his leadership qualities, nasty side (which i think are two areas we are lacking)

its what spurs seem to do these days

sold ado is no better than Defoe in terms of goalscoring. Is Chadli better than Sigurdson? He is scoring goals but doesn't really contribute much else in an attacking sense. Are we really any better off with Capoue and Paulinho instead of Thudd and Livermore? We needed a better left back than Rose but we signed one who cannot get in ahead of Rose.

I mentioned this before, even if you remove Bale and Modric from the equation, our current bestish team is not that much better than what we had 3 or 4 years ago. Its normal imo, we've hit a financial ceiling that we can't break through and we have kind of stood still, but in effect by standing still you end up going backwards which is what has happened to us. We simply cannot afford the salaries of the types of players who could push us higher into the top 4.

-

He is better than Lennon and Townsend and would be good competition for Chadli as lets face it other than being in the right place at the right time he has not been any better than the rest of our ****.

sold ado is no better than Defoe in terms of goalscoring. Is Chadli better than Sigurdson? He is scoring goals but doesn't really contribute much else in an attacking sense. Are we really any better off with Capoue and Paulinho instead of Thudd and Livermore? We needed a better left back than Rose but we signed one who cannot get in ahead of Rose.

I mentioned this before, even if you remove Bale and Modric from the equation, our current bestish team is not that much better than what we had 3 or 4 years ago. Its normal imo, we've hit a financial ceiling that we can't break through and we have kind of stood still, but in effect by standing still you end up going backwards which is what has happened to us. We simply cannot afford the salaries of the types of players who could push us higher into the top 4.

-

What players are they then? I have seen a hat full of players who would turn us into top 4 contenders go to smaller teams on low wage.

Biggest disappointment was not pulling the trigger on Brahimi this summer for 5,000,000.

Soldado looks like he has changed his game to something we can use.

Watching him now, I have a feeling he could do just that and the best is yet to come. Confidence is a good thing, but he strikes me as mature and mentally tough and not too hung up on whats gone before.

I'm getting more and more confident that things will click into place for Soldado. Watching him link up with Lamela, Kane, Chadli and Eriksen this season has really showcased his fantastic awareness and movement. A goal or two will give him confidence which will IMO bring bucket loads of goals.

We could not afford to pay the price asked for him last summer, so what makes you think we can afford to buy him now that he has signed a new contract?

The price was never the issue with Musacchio, the third party ownership was. Hopefully we just told Villareal to sort all that mess out and we'd reconvene in January. Him signing a contract could be a step in this simplification process.

I mentioned this before, even if you remove Bale and Modric from the equation, our current bestish team is not that much better than what we had 3 or 4 years ago. Its normal imo, we've hit a financial ceiling that we can't break through and we have kind of stood still, but in effect by standing still you end up going backwards which is what has happened to us. We simply cannot afford the salaries of the types of players who could push us higher into the top 4.-

Personally I think our squad across the board is the strongest I can ever remember it. Look at the cup teams we can put out now vs what Redknapp's second strings used to be.

What we don't have though is our 4 world class players (King, Modric, Bale and vdV) who for Redknapp used to carry a lot of the dross. We are collectively stronger now, but don't have the same highs.

I think this will come though. Lloris is our 1 at that level now. Lamela and Eriksen may start to reach it in another year or two time. If one more emerges or signs, we'll be seriously back in business.

Would have left us with 2 less Englishmen aswell.

That's not the problem per se. The problem is we have 19 O/S players and you are only allowed 17. Remember we already have BAE and Khumalo picking up pay cheques, but they aren't even allowed to play.

Whoever we get, we need a good injection of space in the attacking third and possibly at the back (unless Chiriches comes back to form)

Back