• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I would like to see us sign Berahino, think him and Kane would be a good partnership for next few years. Wouldn't be cheap but is probably still gettable.

This is only 3rd time I've admittedly watched him play. I'm those 3 games he's scored 2 a hatrick and now 5 with 15 or so to go. Certainly a good finisher but I think it's his movement that is his main asset

This is only 3rd time I've admittedly watched him play. I'm those 3 games he's scored 2 a hatrick and now 5 with 15 or so to go. Certainly a good finisher but I think it's his movement that is his main asset

Sounds a little bit like Soldado? Or?

Him and Metrovic(spelling) would freshen up our striking options.

Mitrovic seems more like a player type that would add something to our striking options in my view.

If doable:

Sell Chiriches, Dembele, Capoue and buy Schneiderlin (or suitable DM with leadership qualities)

Sell Townsend and Paulinho and buy Rodriguez

Give away Ade and use whatever is left over to buy Mitrovic

------------------ Lloris
----------------- (Vorm)

Walker ------ Kaboul --- Fazio --- Rose
(Naughton) - (Dier) ---- (Verts) - (Davies)

---------- New DM ----- Mason
---------- (Stamb) ---- (Bentaleb)

Chadli ----------- Eriksen ---------- Rodriguez
(Lennon) -------- (Lamela) ---------- (Kane)

----------------- Soldado
---------------- (Mitrovic)

Just outlining which players we have, not necessarily which positions they should be playing in or who should be starting.

That should do us until the summer when we can flog Vertonghen, Lennon and one of our RBs at least.

If doable:

Sell Chiriches, Dembele, Capoue and buy Schneiderlin (or suitable DM with leadership qualities)

Sell Townsend and Paulinho and buy Rodriguez

Give away Ade and use whatever is left over to buy Mitrovic

------------------ Lloris
----------------- (Vorm)

Walker ------ Kaboul --- Fazio --- Rose
(Naughton) - (Dier) ---- (Verts) - (Davies)

---------- New DM ----- Mason
---------- (Stamb) ---- (Bentaleb)

Chadli ----------- Eriksen ---------- Rodriguez
(Lennon) -------- (Lamela) ---------- (Kane)

----------------- Soldado
---------------- (Mitrovic)

Just outlining which players we have, not necessarily which positions they should be playing in or who should be starting.

That should do us until the summer when we can flog Vertonghen, Lennon and one of our RBs at least.

Soldado up front?.... Are we going for 0-0 draws or something?

Soldado up front?.... Are we going for 0-0 draws or something?

An experienced, top class striker is out of the question at the moment IMO and I'd prefer to see the poison that is Ade out on his ****. We go get one of the most promising strikers out there, someone who has the physical presence to play up front, but it might take a year or two for him to become our primary starter.

EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham to beat Liverpool to Southampton's £20m striker Jay Rodriguez

JAY RODRIGUEZ will join Tottenham in the transfer window after chairman Daniel Levy sanctioned Mauricio Pochettino's intended £20million bid for the Southampton striker.

Spurs boss Pochettino was desperate to land the former Burnley attacker, 25, in the summer but he picked up a knee injury which kept him out of England's World Cup campaign.

But his fitness progress is such that the White Hart Lane chief will make his move to bolster is attacking options in January.

St Mary's boss Ronald Koeman is ready to do business thanks to the stunning success of recruiting Italian striker Graziano Pelle from Feyenoord.

Pochettino saw first hand just how effective Rodriguez can be during his spell at St Mary's before he moved to North London.

Meanwhile, Pochettino has ruled out a move for R1ver Plate hitman Teofilo Gutierrez, 29, because of the Colombia international's woeful disciplinary record.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/409314/EXCLUSIVE-Tottenham-Liverpool-Southampton-s-20m-Jay-Rodriguez

I have reservations about Rodriguez. I'd love him to be but I don't think he's the answer. (Don't know who is before anyone asks :) )

At least he's a better fit to replace Chadli in cup games. We need players who can happily slot into a system. We've seen how competition can improve players.

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

I'd like to see poch baldini and levy get their act together and trim down the current squad and retain clearly who we need to fit whatever system. Just very clear roles and very clear accountability.

Levy won't sanction a jan move for Rodriguez who still hasn't even kicked a competitive ball since that knee injury op. Next summer methinks

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

I'd like to see poch baldini and levy get their act together and trim down the current squad and retain clearly who we need to fit whatever system. Just very clear roles and very clear accountability.

Indeed having players hang around the periphery creates the wrong atmosphere at the club.
Imagine trying to implement the winning culture at the club. And then the players look over and see the likes of Gomes, Bentley, Khumolo, BAE hanging round over the years.
What is Friedel doing at the club right now too?
Is there a reason we are employing a professional TV pundit?

Following on from original reports from our colleagues at M365, Get French Football News has uncovered that Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have sent representatives on multiple occasions this season to watch Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.

The pair of North London clubs continue to survey the man that rejected Saudi Sportswashing Machine on more than one occasion last summer and who is a former Liverpool target.

Arsenal and Tottenham have had representatives present over five times this season.

Alexandre Lacazette is currently the league’s top scorer with 11 goals.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/arsenal-and-tottenham-continue-to-send-scouts-to-watch-alexandre-lacazette/

Back